Chapter 7: Magic Bag
146 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I stepped out of my time barrier, a month has passed. I didn't even notice that that's the barrier I casted. 

Sigh, I really should've read the description properly.

Thinking of reading, I made a disgusted face. Although Tier's magic books should be considered top secret and high-class, the convoluting mishmash of words gave me a headache.

What the hell do you mean ether? What's that? And what's the fourth dimension? Can you eat that?

Nobody told her this but Ruby does have a talent in magic but dumb at using it. Tier also didn't notice because his magic standards are off in the first place.

Everyone I knew is gone and the Earth that I lived in is merely a dying planet on the verge of collapse. I thought about what to do to survive. No matter what, I have to move forward since this is my life, alone if that's what it takes. But in my heart, I carried a flickering hope that they're still alive. That somewhere out there, there'd be another living being. Even a cockroach would do!

I tightened my grip on my magic bag. I brought my house since I don't know if those scumbags would find it and mess it up. The barrier can only last so long, not to mention that Aunt Veda is still inside. Moreover, I needed a sanctuary to place any survivors. A safe haven for them. I don't need any servants since I have the cards.

Haven, huh? Will I be worshiped after this? Ruby Haven, Goddess of Earth.

I wryly smiled as I escaped reality.

Come to think of it, this magic bag is so convenient. I remember that when I showed it off, some idiots heard of it and challenged me to a duel and some even tried stealing it.

Hmph, as if I'll let you have it. This is my birthday present, you know? Do you know what hell I have to go through just to get this? That demon drilled the most basic spatial magic in my head just so I could use it. Do you even know how hard that is?

Of course, I'll beat them up to an inch of their lives. I think some were so scared before the fight that they surrendered the next day. Ah, I want to beat them up for even thinking about stealing my stuff. Of course, theirs would be the light version. 

Ah, but there's one person I really wanted to kill. What do you mean I have dead eyes? This is normal once you knew what kind of hellish training I went through! Want me to kill you?

At that time, I was obsessed with Xianxia novels and a spatial ring is a staple in those stories. I talked about it on and on that, I was so happy to receive it on my birthday. Little did I know that I have to go through that just to use it.

Even though I said all that, they always wouldn't come. Just when I was all hyped up about the fight, they wouldn't show up! Talk about courtesy. 

Yo, if you're challenging someone, make sure to go, yo! 

I complained to Tier and he would just smile and pat my head while telling me not to bother with them. Somehow, that smile made me shiver.

After the Nth time that happened, I managed to secretly track one of them. What do you know, they're in the hospital. Oh, isn't that the third challenger? Ah, that's the fifth one right? And that one...

I saw my challenger today and he was being wheeled in. It was bad. I even heard a nurse scream [Again, how many is it this month?] Somehow, I can guess what happened so I silently left the hospital.

The next day, the hospital got an anonymous donation worth millions of dollars. 

Ahem! This is your hush money! Just accept it and don't bother me again, said my guilty conscience.

Anyways, they're...taken care of so I didn't bother with them.

Aunt Veda is still in the house sleeping. She doesn't know what happened outside yet and I don't want to worry her so I let her sleep for now.

Once I floated high enough, I can see a highway in the air. Not literally, I meant mana from all the living things on Earth converged from different points and flowed toward a single direction, hence the highway. 

With a light kick, I adjusted my body and cruised along one of the paths. I used the mana on the road to sustain my flight since I'll need something to fight against that scumbag.

I'll kick your ass, you bastard! Do you think I don't know what you're up to? 

I'm raised by a demon so I'm no Hero. With this great power, I have great responsibility to...eww. Yup, I'm still not a hero.

7