Chapter 28
1.4k 9 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My eyes were glued shut, but I was wide awake. I was suspended in the nothingness, falling or floating; I was not sure. The air around me felt heavy, thick, like moving against a steady wind; I could do nothing but aimlessly flail my limbs. I had never experienced a hallucination before, but that could very likely be the cause; I did just overdose on a fuck ton of mana.

With nothing to do, my mind replayed the last event. Thinking back now, I admit I overreacted. She was trying to get a reaction out of me, and, well – she succeeded. I didn’t know why she did it, but there was no use mulling over it now. The wyvern was dangerous and, frankly, unpredictable. Buying her was a spur-of-the-moment decision, a lust for the supernatural. Who did not want to own a dragon; I was a kid in a candy store. My outburst was somewhat justifiable; that mage really fucked me up. I know there are still some scars left, but I did feel like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

My thoughts were interpreted as the shackles on my eyes were lifted, but I did not dare open them. I felt solid ground beneath my feet; however, my mind seemed to disagree. It took a few minutes for the dizziness to disappear, and opening my eyes, I was greeted with white stretching far and beyond, pure and unblemished – earth merging with the sky into a single shade absent of any colors.

Glancing down, I noticed my current attire or the lack thereof. I was naked as the day I was born. Strangely enough, my hands were shaking, and my throat was tightening, refusing to take in air. Though not under orders from my brain but the total lack of oxygen. Everything was still, unmoving, and my body was panicking at the familiar but unfamiliar sensory deprivation.

Thankfully, my distress was cut short as what I saw next managed to equally shock me into a complete halt. Slowly descending from above, a naked woman with golden braided hair traveling all the way to her lower back and leaving a bright gleam behind. Her body was a sculpture, a piece of art, every muscle defined, every proportion carefully measured and chiseled – her face the very definition of symmetry. If I were to use one word to describe her, it would be perfection.

Yet, every hair on my body rose as she lowered her head, gazing at me from above. Nothing had managed to make me feel this uneasy before. Her beauty was unimaginable, unattainable, made without a single fault – a fabrication. She was the manifestation of beauty, and I could only describe it as uncanny.

Her browed moved ever so slightly, frowning. “You feel… disgusted by my presence?” Her voice was melodious, soothing, despite how sharp her tone sounded. “Mortals would bow, grovel beneath my feet; heroes would salivate as they gaze upon me, yet you are repulsed?”

Any doubts about my reality were discarded as I wholly focused on the situation at hand. She was wrong. I did not feel revulsion but aversion. However, before I could utter a word, she spoke again, “I care not for the reasoning of a mortal. You will conduct yourself in my presence.”

The unusual wording and address gave me an idea of who this might be. The conversation had been entirely one-sided. I did not speak once, but she already-

“You need not talk for me to understand your thoughts – your face betrays you,” She interjected.

Yup, she’s reading my mind.

She chuckled, “I am not reading your mind. You are but an open book before me. I do not need to intrude onto your thoughts to know of what you’re thinking.”

I ignored the blatant lie and slightly bowed. “I’m sorry if I have offended you,” I said, “Goddess Lugardana.”

Her lips tugged upwards into a conceited smile. “It is fine,” She dismissed. “Even heroes are sometimes distraught by the sudden travel. I’m sure you know why I have brought you here.” She paused. “Your coming to my world was not of my design; you are an intruder.”

My attempt at refuting was cut off with a raised hand. She continued, “I know you had no say in the matter. Unfortunately, I cannot return you back to your world – it is a one-way door; however, as long as you do not interfere with the balance of this world, you are free to live on it.”

“Thank you,” I replied. I feared the worst, but everything turned out to be surprisingly okay. The self-absorbed Goddess was more sensible than I gave her credit for. But, she really did love hearing herself talk as I was left no chances.

“I have allowed you to view a hidden section of my blessing. It is made to educate the newly summoned heroes, but it will explain what is forbidden for you to do. Remember, Edward, you are not a hero. You will not interfere with their quest, neither assisting nor impeding them,” She stated

I solemnly nodded, showing my sincerity; I truly held no interest in the matter. I thanked her again, praising her generosity and understanding. A haughty nod approved of my adulation. “There was a small issue with your adapting to the blessing, but I have fixed it already. I know you did not earn your first purchases, but you can consider it a gift of mine.”

Well, it was working, whether she could read my mind or not, she certainly enjoyed having her ego stroked, so I kept at it.

“This was more pleasant than I expected. I was about to snuff you out at the very beginning.” She chuckled. “Well, I have matters I need to attend; it is time for you to Return.”

My head span as my vision was distorted. It took me a few seconds to adjust. I was on my back, lying on a bedding of torn books and grudgingly swallowing whatever threatened to exit my throat. Attempting to sit up ended in failure as a high-speed mass collided with my chest. Valeriana was bawling, muttering intelligible sorries. I took her in my embrace, my hand rubbing her at her back and my shirt getting covered in snot and tears.

Unexpectedly to me, she recovered rather quickly. I was sitting upright, with a cat straddling my lap. She raised her head, eyes quivering – showing great turmoil. I didn’t know what ailed her. Was this because of the wyvern? Not answering my unspoken question, Valeriana drew closer, her eyes showing a flash of What followed was quite the surprise. She dove in and licked my neck. The wet spot on my throat was shocking but incomparable to the implications behind such an action.

My mind felt lighter. The invading tentacle-like strands of mana were gone; the seal imparted on me was still there but without effect. What compelled her to do such a thing, I did not know, but I was given a choice – one I would be making fully on my own. No mind control, no influencing; just my decision and the consequences it would bring. An offering – one if I were to refuse, I could walk away right now, put everything behind me and never look back.

I focused back on the girl on top of me, staring at me expectantly. Silence stretched and seeing her shoulders slumping and her gaze falling, I made my decision.

Lowering my head, I took her lips and almost was instantly hit with the strongest sense of guilt I had ever experienced. A connection was formed between us, signifying the formation of the pact. She had offered herself, and I accepted. I did not know what made her feel like this, but I was not a saint. I was selfish. I did not regret what I did.

She pulled back first, separating us and burying herself in my neck. Tightening my arms around her, I heard her mumble a quiet ‘Thank you.'

A rasp resounded, the wyvern drawing breath into her punctured lung; I had forgotten she was still here. Feeling my eyes on her, she dropped her gaze and muttered, “M-my Lord.

“Lord, is it?” I addressed the protruding head. A faint flare of anger rose from Valeriana, but it was quickly dampened.

Yes,” She replied with questionable confidence. “I did not wish to deceive you, my lord, but assist you.” Raising her eyes and noticing my unamused look, she sucked in a deep breath and continued, “Dragons can-

You’re not a dragon,” I quickly interrupted.

All dragonkin are not of this world. We are Amara’s vessels. She bestowed all her children with a gift. Every mortal has potential, decided by his fate; our mother allows us to see it. Yours was impressive for a human, rivaling a prince, a king even.” Her eyes sparkled with made glee. “Now, it is much more grand. I cannot fathom what you can become.” Lowering her head, she pleaded, “I only wish to be of aid. Please, allow me to serve you. Grant me a name.

The room had gone still, the silence occupying it unnatural; no sound heard except for a few whiffs coming from below my chin. Valeriana was… sniffing me? Before I could address the strange behavior, a contract appeared before my eyes, all but in shape. I had another choice to make. However, contrary to Valeriana, it was not a bond but an obligation. I would not gain a partner, but a servant, an underling.

Humming, I mulled over it, carefully reading its contents; the benefits largely outweighing the drawbacks. “Wyvern,” I called out, I accept your plea.” Her face lit up, but I was quick to wipe it off.

However, you will remain nameless.” No wounds I could inflict would produce the same look of hurt. “Earn back my trust, and you shall have one.

Disheartened, she nodded. I sent mana into the earth, releasing her from her prison. She struggled to climb out and limped, leaving the room.

Turning to my former master, my eyes widened as she placed her lips on mine, invaded my mouth; I managed to briefly close off the room before reciprocating. Earlier, I felt guilt through our bond. It was the most prominent feeling there was, following by apprehension and dread. But the concoction of negative emotions was no more, instead replaced by a sense of anticipation and something I could only make out as lust.

I would have to be blind to miss that she was developing feelings for me; however, I refrained from reciprocating anything. I could never be sure the thoughts were entirely my own, and any relationship with one person holding as much power over the other as she had would undoubtedly end in disaster.

I only remember a few snippets of what followed. I recall clothes being torn, my hands roaming her body, and hers my own. It was not because I was absent-minded or attentive, but I was more focused inward. What I felt through the connection between us were raw, unbridled emotions – something deeply unfamiliar to me. I wasn’t an unfeeling, heartless bastard, but mine were a lot weaker, more muffled.

Each brush, each movement would evoke a reaction, and I sought them all out – losing myself in exploration. I know we connected at some point, intertwined, and everything soared to a new height. I was a man lost in the desert, parched, and I had finally found an oasis, greedily gulping and submerging myself in it. Hours went by as we indulged ourselves, uncaring to the passage of time – the thin curtains failing to suppress the ever-continuous moans.

Announcement

Late as usual. This was very difficult to write, and I'm not even sure it was done correctly. Hopefully, I got every point across. Scenes in the future might get more explicit. I haven't put any limitations on it; I'm just going with the flow.
There might be some mistakes, so let me know if you find any, and thank you.

Announcement
Small edit: colors were added to the last dialogue.
28