(Episode IX) (Act 2)
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stark looked directly at it, as it whipped by, and continued to look at it as it gently sailed to the floor with little ruckus caused.

“C’mon…!” Maddie struggled to growl out. Only her arm and head were exposed, the rest under the covers. “You know you can… Crush shit or something…!”

“I mean,” Stark turned back to her. “Not really… My abilities can’t really uh, do the whole crush and destroy thing.” She sighed. “Kinda hate how we live in an age of information and all the info told by people who don’t know things. Tabby’s cool. I like Tabby…”

Stark quickly shook her head, “Right, no, lost the thread again—let’s be calm about all of this, we’ve been through the whole ‘yes Stark Terri has you in her basement thing’, you’re fine in thinking it’s creepy—but I’m trying to help.” Stark looked to Jackie, “Tell her!”

Jackie remained silent. Had to prove it wasn’t just words, after all.

“D-don’t care…” Maddie struggled. “Doesn’t… Change the fact that Stark Terri is front of me…”

“That I am,” Stark answered.

"A Trend… Along with your family… And unlike the Original ones, we don’t know where y’all lie… Making y’all scarier than them—”

“I mean, again, people tend to, uh, forget that we’ve been inactive for years and have no plans to do anything—especially now, so uh—”

And,” Maddie cutting her off. “And… You’re the siVictim everyone’s worried about… Most of all. You were born with this shit.”

“True!” Stark stammered about despite having the most power in the room. “I know, trust me, I’m me—again, don’t need to trust me or anything—just rest please, I don’t want—”

“wha—what’s happening--?” Tracy’s voice, weak and small, piped up.

“This is it, that’s what’s up—” Maddie told her.

Jackie sighed, “Let’s not get ahead of ourselves—”

“Jackson, if you fucking start doing your usual shit right now…” Maddie strained herself to speak.

“Are we stuck somewhere--?” Tracy asked, pleaded.

“I’m not blind to any potential threat, it’s that—” Jackie got cut off.

“I think we’re at the Terri’s,” Aiko’s voice suddenly came up.

Sho--?!” Tracy tried to ask in desperation, to confirm if Aiko was kidding or not, but choked back on her saliva, promptly coughing in a fit.

Jackie felt her veins pump furiously and her head pounding, “Please girls, I’m trying to—Look, Stark’s rap sheet looks bad, I am keeping that in mind, but so far I just can’t see her doing anything—”

“All of what we went through shouldn’t have fucked us up like it has; look at us now!” Maddie argued.

“It’s not like we can just leave!” Jackie yelled over the noise—internal and external.

“Yeah, why can’t we move…?” Aiko said, her voice carrying this air of being far removed from this scene.

“We’re underestimating a chick with possible gravity powers!” Maddie spat venomously. “And given her skills, she could be fucking holding us down as she’s upstairs!”

Jackie looked her head towards where Stark was, gone from the stairs.

“If it’s not her, it’s her family—” Maddie continued. “So, this is it, we’re fucked—for good this time and I hope you’re happy.”

That last dig got to Jackie.

“Where the hell do you get off--?!” she forced herself, ordered herself to sit up—her fuel purely being rage.

She flung the covers as well, just to prove her point and to look at Maddie directly.

She wished that she hadn’t.

0