Chapter 39- The sand strikes again
982 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Days passes by and the situation of the war is becoming intense in the borders of rock and konoha, the hokage send Minato to the rock borders to help orichimaru deal with the rock ninjas. 

The situation on the kumo is still quiet but the atmosphere is eerily calm, like the calm before the storm. In the borders of the mist, the mist village started to have skirmishes here and there but no actual fight happening. 

In the sand borders the sand ninjas started to make provocation here and there, looks like they are ready to attack at any given time.

 

In the konoha camp in sand border

"Looks like the sand ninjas are starting to make their move again" said Sakumo

In this meeting all the captains of the troops are here, there is also Jiraiya, Haru and Kakashi. In the days that they are in the camp, they already made a name for themselves in the last war against the sand, and the konoha ninjas admired them since in this world where the strong eat the weak, being a strong ninja will gather you a lot of attention. 

And since they already showed their might they are highly qualified to attend this kind of meeting.

"In the intel we have gathered it looks like they plan to use Ichibi against us" said Sakumo

When they heard this all of their expressions turned grave. Since they are against one of the tailed beast, although the ichibi is the weakest bijuu, they are battling it in its domain.

At this moment Haru raise his hand.

"Yes Haru" ask Sakumo

"Uncle Sakumo let me handle the Ichibi" said Haru

This surprises all the ninja's present, although they saw his strength in the war, they don't believe that he can handle the Ichibi alone.

"Hmm do you have plans Haru?" ask Sakumo

"Well uncle I have a technique that can help me restrain the Ichibi for some time, I just need to restrain it while you finish your battles against their leaders and afterwards help me defeat the ichibi" said Haru

'Although I plan to test my current strength on ichibi' thought Haru

"Well okay I leave the Ichibi to you then, you just need to restrain it and wait for us to back you up" said Sakumo

"So since we have a plan against the Ichibi, we will then proceed to the other issues, the plans are still the same, I will handle Chiyo and Jiraiya will handle Rasa, and Kakashi you will help the other ninjas to deal with the enemy lines. You may now go and rest, we will go to war tomorrow" said Sakumo

"Hai!" all of them saluted and went back

"Haru, Kakashi stay here" said Jiraiya

"Yes"

Once they were all left

"Haru what technique are you going to use against the Ichibi?" ask Sakumo

"Well uncle I plan to teleport the Ichibi away from the battlefield first and use my chains to restrain it." Said Haru

"Hmm I see your chains can also seal the Kyubii's tailed cloak back to it's jinchuriki so it really is feasible" said Jiraiya

"Okay then you may leave and rest, we have a long day tomorrow" said Sakumo

When the two walk out of the camp, Haru notices that Kakashi was silent the entire time. 

"What's wrong Kakashi?" ask Haru

"Nothing" said Kakashi

"You now I can tell that something is on your mind right?"

Kakashi releases a sigh and said "Just be careful tomorrow I know you are strong enough so I don't need to worry but still be careful okay" 

"Hehe I know I'll be careful, you too don't let the other make a sneak attack on you, use the bracer I gave you if you are on a pinch okay"

"Yeah I will, Let's go and rest"

"Goodnight"

"Night"

Then the two went to their respective tents and called out the rest of the day.

The next morning

The atmosphere in the camp was heavy because they will be risking their lives later on, they won't know if they live for the next day or die fighting today. 

But they all had the courage to stand firm and protect their love ones back in Konoha.

"Since the sand ninja's lost their sensory nins we will use this chance to prepare an ambush for them" said Sakumo

"Troops ready to set out" he then ordered

The Konoha ninjas set out traps in the battlefield, and hide in some places. 

In the sand camp

"We need to be careful of Konoha since we lost our sensory nins they might ambush us. Proceed with caution" said Rasa

The morale of the sand ninjas are low due to the last bout but even though they know that they will use the Ichibi to war today, they are still afraid since they can't control the Ichibi.

"March forward" ordered Rasa

The sand ninjas begun to proceed to the battlefield cautiously, when they are nearing the konoha's side, they felt uncomfortable since it look calm, they stop their movement and after a while they heard the sounds of paper burning. 

When they come into it they are already late, sounds explosion could be heard here and there and ninjutsu came flying towards them one after the other.

Rasa upon seeing this move his gold sands to protect his ninjas in front of the jutsus thrown at them. Chiyo also made her move and took out his puppets to began her attacks.

Sakumo seeing this also began his move, he signaled Jiraiya and both of them went to their respective opponents. The konoha nins seeing their leader move also started to attack the sand ninjas.

Kakashi did not plan to use his magnet release since there are only a few puppet masters left, he uses his sword and shunko to quickly move around the battlefield. 

The sand did not let this off, he was surrounded by 6 elite jonins, when he saw this he prepared for battle.

Haru was not idle he joined the other konoha shinobis to dwindle the sands number, he wont use his conquerors haki for now since he can't control it yet, so he dashes in the battlefield. 

The sand also notice this and a wave of sand was sent through him. He evaded it and saw his opponent. His opponent is a kind looking old man, but he knew that he was the sand jinchuriki.

16