1
31 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Honestly dear why can’t we just surrender this feud is harming our people” I ask Metias as he paces across the room.

“Permie you’re a woman you will never understand this is to prove a point” he says stoping his pacing for a bit. 

“It’s because I can swallow my pride for my people not because I’m a woman” mutter under my breath. 

“Sorry to interrupt but a letter has just arrived from the south” says father entering the room smirking. Metias takes the letter and opens it. He reads through it carefully and I see a smirk appear onto his face. 

“He’s surrendered. Ha! I knew it! I’ll drink to that!” Says Metias taking up a wine glass. He gives one to my father and they toast. 

“Oh darling that is great news” I say to him. 

“I know our child will be born into a new era of peace. He will lead our kingdom to greatness” he says before taking a sip of his wine.

“Him?” I ask curiously.

“Never mind, I need to let everyone know to get ready for the southern royal families arrival” he says stepping out into the halls. Uh, why does he need to keep me in the dark about everything. 

“Well, I must get going” says father walking out of the door. I decide I have stayed in this cramped room too long and decide to take a walk along the corridors to admire the glass. 

“Wow” marvels a woman who seems to be lost.

“Um hello there, are you lost” I ask her. 

“Oh I hope not, I do have a terrible sense of direction though” she replies laughing. That has been the first time someone out of my family and friends has talked to me so casually.

“Well what wing are you looking for” I ask her.

“The western one.... or was it the eastern one, I can’t seem to remember” she says tapping her chin.

“Well you are currently in the south eastern wing holding the cambers of their majesty’s and their family” 

“Oh Wow. I can see why his majesty chose you you’re quite pretty shame he already has an empress” she responds checking me out. 

“Um... Pardon” 

“Although I heard the empress is a real beauty herself though” 

“I am glad people speak of me that way. But, I regret to inform you if you are looking for a mistress the emperor has none just me” I reply.

“Oh I am very sorry I didn’t realize you were the empress you look so young” she says giving me a quick curtsy. 

“Pay it no mind, I am very flattered that you think of me that way though” I say chuckling.

“Well it’s hard not too. The emperor would be foolish to take on a concubine when he has you” she says. After processing what she’s said she quickly throws her hand over her mouth.

“Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t mean what I said. Please don’t tell the emperor I said that.” She says falling in front of me in her knees.

“It’s fine get up from the ground it’s not clean” I say offering her a hand. She takes it. I get a good look at her eyes and notice they have a raw hazel color to them that seems familiar. 

“Nova?” I say quietly confused. 

“Um, empress who’s Nova my name is Thisillica” she asks curiously. 

“Oh I’m sorry I was confusing you for an old friend” I say returning back to reality. I suddenly feel warm inside and feel like I’ve met her before. How is that possible? It’s probably a mere coincidence. 

“Do you know why you came here to the palace” I ask tilting my head. Changing the subject should get her attention off the topic of before. 

“Ah yes, Mama told me to hand this to you” she says taking out a slip of paper. 

“Hmm, your mother can write in the native tongues” I ask her looking over the paper. 

“Yes she does” she says smiling proudly. I read over the note over and over wondering, If I’m reading it correctly.

“Well here it states my mother promised as soon as I became the empress. Quite odd” I say tapping my foot. There was no doubt that it wasn’t true because mother even signed it.

“Well, what’s odd about that” she asks trying to see the paper. 

“Nothing is odd except for the way she says I am to take you in” I say reading back over that one word. I read it again and again wondering if it will change to something else. I finally give up and accept what it says. ‘Mistress’ did they even know who I was I am the empress I can’t have a mistress. It is frowned upon to even have male company let alone lovers, what would they think of a mistress for the empress. Thinking about all of the possibilities just makes my head hurt. 

“Well Thisillica it seems you are to be my lady in waiting” I say shortly after deciding what to do. I would keep her as my lady in waiting to respect mother’s wishes in a proper way of an empress. 

“Well let me show you to your room” I say heading back towards the wing. So much for my peaceful walk around the corridors.

0