Chapter 2.5
325 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This chapter is extremely short, so just consider it part of the chapter today! This was written while I was very exhausted and was not really edited so it’s subject to change.

What Tan Shihong came to figure out with time is that ever since the protagonist entered the cave in which he and his master’s graves were located, he somehow made it much easier to discover. 

At first there were birds… A lot of birds. When Tan Shihong was called back, he expected the protagonist, but after opening his eyes, he was hit in the face painfully by a barrage of flapping wings. He had released a lot of killing intent earlier, so how were they not frightened off? They couldn’t have just become curious instead? 

Knowing his luck, Tan Shihong figured the cave might have been sealed off previously, the protagonist probably broke any protections  in order to enter and snatch the magical artifacts inside, which set off the formation and allowed Tan Shihong to return to his body as a last defense...

Well, nonetheless, Tan Shihong’s days became busy. He resorted to swinging his sword to shoo off most birds. Those who tried to crap on his master’s coffin or peck at the magical artifacts were quickly cut down like insects and he’d set the bodies at the front of the cave as a warning. 

Being constantly furious was tiring, and Tan Shihong slowly devolved to just throwing rocks at any bird who had the gall to even come close to the cave. 

“Do you not see the corpses of your brothers and sisters lining the entrance? Go away, and carry the news that I’ll slaughter whoever is stupid enough to even come near this place!” Tan Shihong spoke seriously, which, when aimed at a bird made he himself look quite stupid. 

Despite Tan Shihong’s annoyance at the situation, he quickly realized something. The more he was urged from the void, the better he could control his emotions. Before, when he first woke he immediately went into attack mode. He wasn’t aware of his actions, barely aware of his surroundings, and was working purely off instinct. 

But, over time, Tan Shihong better grasped how to restrain himself. He could remain in his coffin for a full minute after he was roused before bursting into anger, waving his sword at the birds or even punching the wall just so he wouldn’t explode. 

As he better controlled his body, the more holes in the wall of the cave appeared. At least he had more rocks to throw. 

After scaring off the last bird one day, Tan Shihong found that even after waiting for three minutes, he hasn’t yet disappeared back into the void. Tan Shihong was immediately suspicious, and attempted to use his spiritual sense to scan his surroundings for any threats. ...Unfortunately, when the system had told Tan Shihong that he was devoid of all sense, it really meant all sense (er, except eyesight… and hearing).  Either that or due to the talisman trapping Tan Shihong’s spirit inside his body, he was unable to use the ability. 

Oh well, it was merely a subconscious, minuscule habit left from his body’s original owner. He would never have thought to try had he truly been all himself. So, still unable to relax due to the fierce need to protect racing through him, Tan Shihong remained stiffly guarding the cave opening. 

After a while of standing still, he angrily kicked, knocking a few rocks and bird corpses down the steep cliff. He was simply much too restless! 

After standing a moment angrily, Tan Shihong heard a gentle thud. 

Chang Fa held onto the sides of the cliff rigidly. After recovering, with the systems urging he had immediately begun climbing back up the cliff. 

He was nearing the mouth of the cave when he heard a hard object strike the wall inside, birds pouring out, blackening the sky for a moment. 

He waited a few minutes, staying still as he listened closely for anything else. 

‘System… I don’t think I’m strong enough yet for this undead…’ Chang Fa weeped internally.

[Not strong enough?! He’s just nameless cannon fodder! No rest until he’s dead! If you can’t even defeat him, I’ll torture you and eradicate your soul!] 

‘Why were you programmed to be so violent…’ 

Chang Fa was just beginning to pump himself up to face off against the undead again before he heard a frustrated grunt, and lifted his head just in time to be rained on by pebbles and bird corpses… 

As the lifeless bird bounced off his head and emerged into a speck in the distance, it was all Chang Fa could do not to scream. 


‘I’m not doing this!!’ 

[Yes you are!!] 

12