Book One: Chapter 7
213 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Jenny heard the loud cheering outside the double wooden door in front of her. The apes bathed her in cold water and placed a skimpy loincloth two-piece dress on her. She doesn’t even have shoes on her bare feet. Apparently, the Beastmen had an unpleasant taste in fashion for their women. The outfit made her felt naked.   

One of the ape guards handed her a sword and shield. The sword was light, but the wooden shield was heavy. 

Perhaps they didn’t want her to win.

When the door opened, the bright sunlight beamed into Jenny’s face. She shielded her eyes until one guard pushed her out.

“Get moving!” the guard shouted.

Jenny fell to the flat sandy ground outside, and the door closed behind her.

She rushed toward the door and pounded it. The door wouldn’t open, keeping her trapped outside.

“Our fellow ape tribe!” an announcer shouted from above. “Welcome to the Arena of Might!”

Jenny turned around. 

The arena was very big like the Roman Colosseum she saw in photos. Two times the size of a football field with nothing in the open field. A steep wall stood around the field below the cheering ape people. Among the audience was a box where the announcer stood.

“Today our new slave is a female human who will face our mighty chief!” the announcer shouted. “She will be the first human to have her blood spilled in our arena!”

The crowd cheered louder and waved their fists in the air. Jenny’s skin crawled. She didn’t like that statement.

“Behold! Chief Horde!”

A double door opened on the other side. From the darkness, a large figure stepped out, carrying a one-handed hammer. The sunlight shined down his heavy red armor suit as he stepped out. A dark red cape hung behind his back, and he wore a helm with two horns. His eyes appeared to be white as if he had no soul. Jenny could tell he was an ape with brown fur because his hand feet were exposed beneath his armor pants.

When he reached the center of the arena, he held up his arms, and the crowd cheered. Jenny couldn’t believe how eight-foot tall he was.

“Let the battle begin!” the announcer shouted.

After an ape blew the horn, Horde turned toward Jenny with a sinister grin. “You are a pretty one. It is a shame I will kill you.”

Jenny’s legs shook. “Can…..we talk about this?”

Horde chuckled. “No.”

He raised his hammer and charged. Jenny jumped back from him before his hammer hit her.

He swung again. This time he hit her shield, breaking it into pieces.

She sprinted from him. “Why are you doing this?”

Horde marched toward her. “Because this is fun!”

He roared louder and charged her. Jenny dropped her sword and dashed away from him.

Her heart pounded. She wished she could scream, but her throat was dry.

She couldn’t fight that ape, especially when he was wearing an armor suit. His hammer could instantly kill her if she gets hit by it.

She approached the arena wall and looked at it. She climbed up the wall, but she slipped down.

Jenny heard Horde laughing and turned around.

Horde approached her with a smile. “You can’t escape, little girl. You are mine.”

Jenny stood with her back against the wall, facing Horde. She was breathing hard. “Please don’t kill me!”

Horde tipped his hammer on his shoulder. “Sorry, I never show mercy.”

He lifted his hammer up and threw it straight toward Jenny. She moved to the right before the hammer hit the wall. 

Jenny screamed.

Horde swung his fist toward her. She ducked and sprinted from him.

Horde pulled his hammer out of the wall and marched toward her. “Stop running and fight me!”

Jenny picked her sword from the ground and tossed at Horde. But he knocked it away.

“Pathetic,” he gruffed.

Jenny widened her eyes and dashed off again. Even if she was being a coward, she whether live rather than get her head smashed into the ground. 

Horde raised his hammer up. When he slammed his hammer into the ground, a lightning blast exploded beneath it. Then a lightning bolt blasts through the ground toward Jenny.

The bolt exploded beneath Jenny’s feet, and she went flying while screaming.

She hit the ground and rolled across it until she stopped. She sat up and rubbed her legs until a big shadow loomed over her.

Horde grabbed her neck and lifted her up. He held her up against the wall while squeezing her neck. Jenny tried to pull free while swinging her legs, but Horde’s grip was too strong.

As he stared at her face closely, he widened his eyes and sniffed her hair. Horde dropped her to the ground.

Jenny coughed while rubbing her neck. She looked up at the big ape.

“I know that smell,” said Horde. “You are the daughter of my enemy.”

“Who?” Jenny asked.

Horde raised his fist and knocked Jenny out. Darkness engulfed her.

6