Book One: Chapter 14
346 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Darkness was totally everywhere when I opened my eyes. I was freezing cold, still sleepy, and….. Naked?

What the hell? I’m naked?

Through my groggy moment, I had no clue where I was. While rubbing my eyes, I sat up and something yanked me back down. My heart jumped toward my throat as I touched a solid, cold metal object around my throat, attached to a chain, hooked to a wall.

It took me some time to study the wall as my eyes adjusted. Concrete bricks slabbed together, and the floor felt smooth as ice. Wooden planks supported the ceiling above me while everything smelled like dirt inside a concrete storage.

How in the hell did I wind up in a storage room? I was in my bedroom a moment ago before I passed out. Did someone totally drugged me up?

A creak echoed from the top of a stairway where the light shined through, nearly burning my eyes off. After I rubbed them, a shadowy figure stepped down the stairway, carrying a dog bowl with water in it.

As he came closer, I dropped my eyes wide open. "Kevin?"

The nerd dropped the bowl, spilling the water down the steps. "Jessica?"

Oh my god! 

I covered my chest, feeling my embarrassment rattled through my skin. But my anger took the better of me. "Why the hell am I here? Is this your basement?"

Kevin shook his finger at me while his lips tremored. "You-you-you-are the werewolf?"

I blinked my eyes. "What are you talking about?"

"You are a werewolf!" He shook in his shoes. "A werewolf!"

What was wrong with him? Like, was he totally insane? I never had seen him behave like this before. Crap, I knew he was a creep.

"Let me go!" I yanked on the chain. "Let me go before I scream!"

"Please calm down!" Kevin held out his hands while stepping toward me. "I know this looks wrong, but you need to-"

"Help!" I cried. "A pervert-"

The nerd leaped on top of me and covered my mouth. "Listen to me! You sneaked into my backyard and tried to eat me! I had to lock you down here for both of our goods!"

Geez, his hand smelled like tuna. I shook my face, but he wouldn't let go of me. His ass was totally going to jail!

"Try to remember what happened last night," he said in my face. "Remember!"

The only thing I will remember was beating up his ass for-

I paused by the time everything flashed inside my head, like a daydream or something, while I was still totally awake. Maybe it was only my head-tripping, but I swore it felt like it had happened.

In my vision, I was running across the street on all fours. Everything was black and green, like I was wearing night-vision goggles. Maybe I wasn't seeing right in my daydreaming session because of my groggy head. But I had to focus.

Near the street, a fat kid with a bald head walked down the sidewalk with his hands in his pockets. It was Randy- the butthead who tried to hurt Kevin! What the hell was he doing walking alone on the street, late in the freaking night?

Maybe it wasn't my business to know his personal issue, like why should I care? At least I was totally smart enough to get a ride home last night.

Anyway, I charged toward him while my vision was close to the ground. I wasn’t sure if I was crawling quick or running like a dog. That was totally tripping me out!

He stopped and stared at me with his eyes wide open. As his mouth dropped, I could see the terror on his face. He stepped back while holding his shaking palms up toward me. "Step back….. Step back!"

Holy crap! He was totally freaking out as if I was some kind of monster. This was totally the first time I saw Randy sobbing in fear like a baby. 

Suddenly, he swung around and dashed off, screaming for his life. 

A roar escaped from my lips as I charged after him. That roar totally didn't belong to me. It sounded incredibly inhuman….. Like a wolf.

Oh god! Did I become some kind of wolf?

Whatever, I had to stay focus on my vision. Randy dashed through an alleyway in downtown. 

Damn, he could run, but I ran faster on all fours, panting like crazy.

Randy dived into a dumpster and slammed the lid shut. I jumped onto the lid and scratched the plastic covering, leaving claw marks all over it. 

Geez, my poor fingernails could break like that!

Then a siren stopped from the alleyway end. From flashing red and blue lights, two officers raced toward me with their guns out.

Huh?

I instantly recognized both of them! One of them was my dad and his partner, Bill Kramer. I knew little about Bill. He and dad had been together for a while, keeping the law in Moondale under control. 

Dad aimed his gun at me. Shaking in his boots. "Freeze!"

"Freeze?" Bill asked. "It's an animal! It won't-"

I leaped toward my dad, but he shot my left shoulder. I felt nothing, but I bet it totally hurt.

I spun around and ran the other way. Shots echoed past me through the alleyway. 

Geez, I almost attacked my dad as if he was a rabbit. If he didn’t shoot me, who knew what would have happened. Thank god I didn’t kill him….. Or ate him?

Leaves, darkness, and flashes of lights filtered the rest of the images. I was running so fast, as if I was fast-forwarding through a video. 

Soon, I stopped on top of a dormer roof near an open window. I turned around and gazed straight at the full moon.

So beautiful….. I howled with every breath I got. 

Someone squeal behind me, interrupting my strange behavior. Then I saw Kevin peeking through the window, shuddering at my sight.

He pointed his finger at me while stepping back. “Were-were-were-”

Before he could finish, I pounced him through the window and landed on top of him on the floor. My fangs nearly touched his throat as he pushed my mouth back. But I wasn’t giving up.

While pushing my face back, he pulled out a baseball bat from beneath his bed. Then he knocked me out, waking me up from my vision.

After I snapped out of my trance, I pushed Kevin off my naked body. “You knocked the crap out of me!”

“Sorry, but now do you believe me?” he cried.

I wasn’t sure if I should totally believe him. Whatever the memory I saw inside my head, it was totally true. 

Oh my god! I am a werewolf!  

10