Book Two: Chapter 7
166 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“No way!” Tiffany shouted. “Brian would never leave us hanging!”

Malaya scowled at her. “How do you know? He could have run off with another group of girls.”

Tiffany snarled, stomping toward Malaya. “Do you want me to push you into the water-”

“Whoa! Whoa!” I stepped between them. “We’re not here to fight. We’re here to party.”

Malaya stepped back and pointed her finger at Tiffany. “But I didn’t come here to wait my ass off!”

“Maybe he is late,” Holly suggested with her hands up.

“He would have called me if he was running late,” said Tiffany.

"How about you call him to make sure his dumbass didn't get lost," said Malaya, crossing her arms.

Geez, did she wake up on the wrong side of the bed? 

Tiffany glared and pulled out her cellphone. She and held her phone to her ear, keeping her narrow gaze on Malaya. Both of them kept glaring as if they were in a Mexican standoff. If Brian didn’t answer, one of them might swim with the fishes.

“Hi,” Brian’s voice answered.

Tiffany smiled. “Hey, baby. Where are you? We’re at the dock.”

“I’m close.”

She turned toward the water and blew out a sigh of relief. 

A white boat approached the dock with Brian driving it. He waved to us as he parked the boat toward the dock.

He wore his red and white jock jacket over his jeans. I was pretty sure that wouldn't be his costume.

"Oh my god, baby!" Tiffany rubbed her chest. "You almost gave us a heart attack!"

Brian switched the engine off and tied the rope to the post. "My bad. The boys and I arrived early. I left them on the island to begin the preparation."

"Boys?" I asked.

Brian climbed out of the boat. "Yeah, Rory and Kason. My non-football buddies. They want to party too. So, they are helping me out."

"Is your football team showing up?" I asked.

"Maybe. I sent them an invite, but they haven't responded yet. But I know they never leave a party hanging."

I bet.

With so many boys and girls showing up, the party will totally go wild. Maybe I won't get the chance to stop anyone from getting laid.

"So, is everyone here?" Brian asked.

I held up my finger. "I actually have two other friends who want to come."

Tiffany glanced toward me. "What other friends?"

"Kevin and Salina. They are doing a science project on the island. After they finish, they asked if they could come."

Brian shrugged. "Sure, why not. Anyone can come. Are they on their way now?"

"Uuuuuuuuuh, they said they can only make it in the afternoon. Personal stuff I guess."

"Well, if they do, they better call you if they need a ride."

I smirked. "I'm totally sure they will."

Brian grinned and clapped his hands once. "Alright! Hop aboard! Moon Island, here come the girls!"

The girls and I laughed. We climbed down into the boat as Brian untied the ropes.

I sat between Malaya and Holly in the back. "Do you own this boat, Brian?"

Brian switched the engine back on as Tiffany wrapped her arms around him. "My dad rented this for fishing. He said I can borrow it tonight."

"And what excuse did you tell him?" Malaya asked.

Brian slowly steered the boat from the dock. "I'm going fishing with the hottest girls on the planet."

Tiffany laughed and kissed his cheek. "I'm your hottest girl on the planet."

"Hell yeah." After turning the boat, he sped up the craft from the harbor.

I hoped I don’t get totally seasick. I never rode in a boat for a long ass time. Not since dad took me on one of his boring fishing trips at sea. 

4