Book Two: Chapter 15
174 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


My hands trembled, turning cold. And my breath skyrocketed from my throat.


My legs were ready to sprint into action as I stood on my toes. I felt my fingernails grow into claws slowly.


I learned I didn’t have to fully transform my body to attack a monster. By breathing and focusing, I could change my body parts a little. Not so painful either.


Salina’s magic tattoo helped me channel my transformation ability to do that. Meditation and yoga also helped too.


The yellow eyes vanished, and something flew toward my face. I screamed and swung my claw through the air.

The creature dodged my slap and vanished in the air.


I stared at the dark sky, feeling my heart race. "What the hell was that?"


"It's just a bat," said Salina, grinning at me. "You look funny when you're scared."


I glared at her, thinking about scaring her panties off later. Then we'll see who looked funny when they're scared.


Betty giggled. "I actually think you look cute when you jump. Don't feel bad about that."


Well, at least Betty was being nice. And I totally like being called cute. Heeheehee.


"Let's move quickly to the castle," said Kevin. "It's already dark out here."


"Right. This way." As I walked, my fingernails shrunk back to normal.


I glanced at the bush where I saw the yellow wolf eyes, glaring at me. Maybe it was only my imagination, but I was totally sure the eyes were there. They couldn't belong to the bat. That bat would have to be freaking huge to have big ass wolf eyes. I just need to totally stay on my toes.


"Are you sure that was a bat?" I asked.


Salina shrugged. "My eyes can see through the dark."


As if!


"If there was a bat here, does that mean there is a cave here?" I asked.


"Maybe, but bats can fly for miles at night," said Kevin. "There might be a cavern not far from the lake."


I hate bats, especially the ones that suck blood from people. Worse than leeches in a river.


I glanced at Betty, noticing her yellow eyes gazed at my butt. She smiled while her tongue licked her lower lip.


My spine shivered. "What!"


She glanced at me and shook her head. "Sorry….. I'm hungry. I hope Brian brought a good buffet."


Right…..


Betty gazed forward. "Anyway, I got lost because nobody gave me directions to the castle. Good thing I ran into you."


"How did Brian meet your gang?" I asked.


Betty bit her lip. "We met at a bar near the highway. Some drunk was harassing me while my gang took a leak in the restroom. Brian was the only one who stood up against the asshole and threw him out through the window. I thanked him by buying him a drink."


Wow! Brian never told anyone about that, not even to his girlfriend. That story will totally make him more popular at school.


"He did asked me out, but I told him I was into girls," Betty continued. "Not to break his heart though. He is a badass."


I sighed. If Brian was having an affair, that would totally break Tiffany's heart. Then I would totally bust his bones apart. 


"How long ago did you meet him?" I asked.


Betty stepped past a tree. "Two months ago, I think. We sometimes talk on phones to stay in touch. But I traveled a lot with my gang."


"So he called you to tell you about his party?"


"Yes, then my gang and I immediately drove to Moondale. We love parties."


Hopefully they weren't hooligans, planning to crash the party. 


Square lights glimmered straight ahead behind the trees. We were almost close to the castle, but I still felt like something was watching us on the island.

4