Book Two: Chapter 19
152 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What the fuck” Someone shouted behind the group. 

The werewolf ripped Rory’s stomach wide open. He pulled the red organs out and munched on them quickly.

It took just a minute for the entire ballroom to scream in terror. They dropped their things and raced to the door.

I ran with my squad to help them escape. If I could transform and fight the man-eating beast, I totally would do that. But that will only scare everyone more.

I didn’t want my friends to see my monster form, or else they might exile me from their squad. For now, I must stick with my human form until my friends run away to a safe place.

The crowd rampaged into the entrance hall and out through the front door. We raced like a stampede of sheep, screaming for our lives.

While running down the trail, yellow eyes appeared in the dark trees above us. They looked like the same eyes I saw over the bushes.

My heart pounded. “Look out!”

The man wolves jumped down, landing on a few people. Screams and blood sprayed around us.

A girl in a wedding dress lost her head, a man in a bunny suit watched his guts spill out, and two wolves pulled a football player apart, splattering his blood to the ground.

I couldn’t tell how many werewolves attacked the crowd. They moved so fast, slashing each unlucky partygoer in their sight.

The crowd broke up from the slaughter, running into separate directions. Not all of them escaped to the right path.

“Keep running this way!” I cried.

Tiffany and the girls followed my lead. Brian and Kason ran behind us.

I clenched as agonizing screams hollowed from the surrounding shadows. It sounded like everyone was dying, no matter where they ran to.

Tears flew off my eyes through the cold wind. Letting the kids die broke my heart. I wished I could save them, but I couldn’t. Whoever those werewolf bastards were, they planned their attack pretty well. But how did they know about Brian’s Halloween party on Moon Island?

I remembered Betty said Brian invited her to his party. Maybe he didn’t know, unless…..

Someone screamed behind us, making my heart jump. We stopped to look back for a moment.

Kason laid on the ground, raising on all fours. He must have tripped while running like hell.

“I’m okay!” he exclaimed, brushing his arms off. “I’m-”

A shadow grabbed his legs and dragged him into the darkness. He screamed as the wolves munched on his flesh. Just like that, he was totally gone.

“Keep running!” Brian grabbed Tiffany’s hand and continued to run.

I followed the squad while leaving a trail of tears. I may not know Kason, but hearing his crying death sent shivers and pain through my body.

My heart soon calmed when I saw the dock up ahead. Relief spun around me.

But when we stopped at the end, my heart dropped.

All the boats were gone. All of them! Not a single one!

“Where are the boats!?” Tiffany screamed. “The boats should be here!”

“I know I left our boat here!” Brian exclaimed, pointing his finger at the water. “Some of the guests brought their own too!”

Holly glanced at the dark lake. “Maybe the guests got here first and took all the boats!”

Malaya glared at her. “Are you stupid? Nobody ran ahead of us! They are all dead!”

I nodded in agreement. The squad and I were the only ones who made it. Maybe someone moved them while everyone danced at the party. Or someone managed to sink the boats so nobody could escape the island. I totally blamed the werewolves.

“Forget the boats! We need to call the police!” Tiffany shouted.

I pulled out my phone from my skirt pocket. After dialing my dad’s number, I only heard a buzzing sound. “What?”

I tried again, and an electronic woman’s voice replied, “This number cannot be reached. Please try your call again later.”

“No freaking way!” I cried.

Holly widened her eyes at me while lowering her purple cellphone. “Your phone isn’t working too?”

Tiffany shook her phone, screaming in frustration. She then glared at her boyfriend. “Did you know this?”

Brian raised his hands. “No, baby! I didn’t know!”

Oh my god…..

Without the boats and no phone signal to call help, we were totally trapped on the island, populated by werewolves. Happy freaking Halloween…..

2