Book Two: Chapter 29
153 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Inside the library, I found Salina lying her head on the table, snorting, surrounded by four book stacks. She looked like a black harlot who totally had a hangover. Hahaha.


“I see you were busy,” I said, glancing around.

   

Kevin pulled up a chair for me. “Yeah, we wanted to find as many relics as possible. Too bad we couldn’t explore the whole castle.”

   

I sat down and folded my hands on the table. “So what is in the journal?”

   

Kevin sat in his chair next to Salina. He opened the old journal, full of yellow pages and scribbles. “Do you want to read it, or should I summarize it for you in simple words?”

   

I glanced at the pages while biting my lip. The old English words arched my head. “Uhhhhhhh-You can tell me. My brain is totally too tired to read.”

   

“Okay.” Kevin cleared his throat. “Lord Dregan’s full name is Alton Dregan. He was born and raised in Romania, Dorin before the 1600s. He was part of a count family who controlled the village.”

   

“Hold up.” I raised my hands up. “Dorin? I totally never heard that place before.”

   

“That is because the village no longer existed. Some people in Europe said it is only a fairy tale. But what I read from this book, Dorin was a real place.”

   

I rubbed my bare feet together under the table. They were cold and rough around my soles. I haven’t recovered my shoes from the restroom because it was on the upper floor where I tossed Betty through the window. The werewolves could be lacking up there, but they couldn’t reach the bottom floor still. I couldn’t risk them breaking through to eat my friends. However, the ground outside didn’t bother my feet much. I guessed all werewolves have strong feet. “What is so special about Dorin?”

   

“It was a village of werewolves,” Kevin answered.

   

“A werewolf village? Like in the movie, The Howling?”

   

Kevin shrugged. “Yes….. Sort of. I don’t know if they were cursed or born as werewolves. But they had to be a huge pack to control the entire village. Dregan ruled them until werewolf hunters attacked his family. He escaped and fled to North America.”

   

“Then he built Moondale to establish another Dorin?”

   

Kevin turned a few pages in the journal. “No, he wanted to build his own secret feeding ground without getting caught like his family. But his plan changed after he discovered human blood can keep him human for a long period of time.”


“Human blood cured him?”


“No, it only delayed his transformation. He discovered it after he attacked his first victim, Louie Roachshire.”


“Louie Roachshire?”


Kevin narrowed his eyes. “Mark and Betty’s father.”


My spine turned cold as the realization hit me. “So he was the one who turned their father into a werewolf!”


“Yes, he attacked Louie while Louie was hunting. Once he learned the blood can tame his inner beast, he kidnapped the four girls to harvest their blood without turning them. He only drugged them so they wouldn’t escape from his dungeon. But kidnapping them only led the town to discover his dark secret.”


I rested my chin on my cold palms. “So what happened to Dregan?”


Kevin closed the journal. “I don’t know. The last thing he wrote was his worries about the jury. That must be before the mob attacked him.”


I glanced down at the table. “So it was all his fault….. He was the one who started the curse here.”


“It does make sense from what he wrote.”


When I yawned, something fired loudly outside. That made me jump onto my feet. “What the hell was that?”

3