Book Two: Chapter 31
150 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I slowly opened the front door and stepped outside into the cold. With two spears in both hands, I knew I was ready to go full kung-fu on everyone’s asses.

All the werewolves faced me. All five of them, sitting in the darkness like dogs waiting to hunt. Betty was the only one in human form. I haven't seen her change at all.

"Well look who decided to come out and play," Betty giggled. "Are you ready to die, bitch?"

I spread out my feet, aiming my spears at the wolves in a fighting stance. "Are you?"

Betty snickered and pointed her finger at me. "Kill her!"

The four werewolves charged toward me, roaring for my blood.

I sprinted toward them as I twirled my spears like cheer batons. Like spinning blades, they slashed through each wolf. 

Blood fell around me, but thank god it wasn’t my blood. They fell to the ground, screaming in agony as their wounds hissed out smoke.

I finished them by stabbing my spears in their backs and chests. With silver, I instantly killed the werewolves without breaking a single sweat. 

On the red-painted ground, the werewolves shifted back to their human forms. Just a bunch of biker men from whatever the hell they came from.

I dropped my spears and glared at Betty.

She clapped her hands without showing any remorse to her fallen wolf pack. “That was super badass. You killed my entire pack, all by yourself.”

I frowned. “Aren’t you going to cry for your dead wolf boys?”

Betty rolled her eyes. “I can always get more werewolves to form a new pack. They are just pawns who only serve me until they die.”

I scowled, feeling disgusted after what she said to me. “You totally are a monster.”

Betty laughed. “Why don’t we fight fairly in our true forms. Let’s see which one of us is the strongest monster here.”

I raised my left eyebrow. “Why should I?” I picked up one spear and pointed the blood-stained silver stake at her. “I can kill you now.”

Betty held out her hands down. “Don’t you want to see my beast side?”

Was she totally kidding? If I let her transform, she could totally kick my ass. A smart girl should never take any chances.

"Screw you!" I threw the spear directly at her.

Betty suddenly caught the spear with one hand. She grinned and snapped the spear in half.

I dropped my mouth, but that wouldn't stop me from giving up. As I reached for the second spear, Betty tackled me.

She pushed me against the tree and laughed in my face. "Catch me if you can!"

After she let go, she jumped into the air, disappearing into the darkness above. I assumed she reached the castle rooftop from her super jump.

I caught my breath and glared at the castle. "Okay, bitch! You want a wolf fight? I'll give you one!"

I roared as my body grew taller, furry, and stronger. My muscles expanded as my head stretched into a wolf shape, letting my white hair hang across my hunched back.

My transformation happened quickly. It felt like I dived through a fire pit quickly.

After I finished, I howled and leaped like a rocket. I landed on the roof near the tower and glanced around.

The moon glimmered above while a sea of fog surrounded the castle. Totally cold from where I was standing.

Betty wasn't in sight, but that didn’t mean she wasn't on the roof. That was why I had to keep my eyes and ears open. She could totally jump at me at any second.

4