Book Three: Chapter 1
185 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Visiting the Moondale Natural History Museum was totally not to my taste.

Probably because it contained much creepy stuff, related to Moondale's dark history. Other than that, it has other exhibits from around the world, which only lasted for one season. The museum has limited rooms for ten small exhibits shown. After that, the staff takes them down and replaces them with new seasonal displays, leaving only the creepy displays.

Our history teacher, Mrs. Hickey, heard about the new exhibit at the museum, which arrived a week ago from Egypt. As a big nerd who loves Egyptian stuff, she scheduled a field trip, making it a grade requirement. And we couldn't say no with our grades on the line. What a total evil master plan, right?

On the school bus, I leaned against the glass window, watching the downtown buildings move by. I would rather be at cheer practice than get stuck in a boring field trip.

"Oooooooooh-I hope she'll let me check out the Moondale witch trial exhibit!" Kevin cheered next to me.

I glanced at him in confusion. "How many times have you totally visited there?"

"Two, maybe five, but who cares! There's so much to learn about Moondale's history. Weirdness found this town!"

Sometimes so much is too much. 

The Moondale witch trials were a dark period during the 1800s. After the townsfolk found the witch family guilty and burned them at the stake, strange things happened around the settlers. The townsfolk thought more witches summoned creatures and cursed people in secret. They tortured many innocents with false evidence until the nightmares stopped. After that, they continued to live in their normals, forgetting about the horrors they witnessed. Today, the people thought the supernatural events weren't true. They assumed their ancestors were crazy, but the supernatural totally existed. Since I got bitten by a werewolf, and a werewolf pack attacked my friends' Halloween party last year, you damn straight the supernatural existed!

"I can't believe you don't look happy about this," said Kevin. "We could learn new things there to help us fight the monsters."

I shrugged. "I'm only going on this stupid field trip because Miss Tyrant is a tyrant. I totally don't care."

"You should care of you're going to put your life on the line against a new foe. Brute force isn't always the answer."

I giggled. "I'm totally immortal, dork. What else should I worry about? Beside a silver stake through the heart."

"Silver isn't the only threat against werewolves. Magic, curses, and ghosts. The museum has those details."

"Why not at the library?"

Kevin grimaced. "Mmmmmmh, sometimes I like to see the artifacts, straight upfront."

I rolled my eyes. "Dorky, dorky, dorky."

"We're almost there, kids!" Mrs.Hickey's voice shouted. "Grab your bags and notebooks. And if you behave, I'll give you a cookie back in class."

Sigh! If I wasn't immortal, I would totally kill myself.

Author note:

"This draft is from the third person version I wrote a while ago. Some chapters will be short because I am converting them into first person while changing some scenes. The revised chapters will be posted daily from September to November, except the weekends. Enjoy the return of the Werewolf Cheerleader. "

4