Book Three: Chapter 10
108 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Against my thought, Salina’s house wasn’t an Addams Family manor. Her house was small and sandwiched between taller abodes in the suburbs. The windows weren’t right, shielded by dark coverings from inside, probably to keep the sunlight out during the day. Since it was night time, the house gleaned black, looking like nobody had lived there for ages. Salina’s family must be very weird to live in a dark house without a care in the world.

Kevin and I approached the door and knocked on it. Instead of Salina, a fat old woman pushed it open. She has short white hair, pale skin, and she wore a gray sweater with skinny jeans. Talk about a soccer granny. 

"Yes?" The old lady asked.

Kevin waved to her. "Hello, is Salina available?"

The woman, probably Salina’s grandmother, crossed her large arms and glared at Kevin. "What do you want with my granddaughter?"

Yup, I was right. If she said she was Salina's mom, only God would know how that could work.

"We need her for… School work! She is part of our study group."

"Totally yeah!" I added.

The grandma rolled her eyes. "She's in her bedroom, meditating. I can bring you milk and cookies while you wait." She smiled.

"No thanks, we really need to see her," said Kevin.

"And I am totally allergic to chocolate!" I warned her.

"Very well. Follow me please." Mrs.Granny stepped aside, allowing Kevin and I to stroll into the living room. 

The place has two couches around a coffee table near a fireplace. Near a door, a bookshelf stood beneath a stairway to the second floor. Lots of candles lit the darkroom as if an Amish family lived in the house.

I expected Salina's home would be as creepy as herself. But so far the place was only average from inside. It could be haunted too.

"Her bedroom is upstairs," said Salina’s grandmother. "I will be in the kitchen."

After the granny left, I followed Kevin up the staircase. "Is this your first time here?"

"No, I've been here once," Kevin answered, watching his steps. "I usually meet Salina at school or her part-time job. She invited me here to help her turn a cat into a toad."

"Hmmmmm! Is her grandmother a witch too?"

"No, but she is a nice lady. Salina is the only witch in her family."

I blinked my eyes. "Really? How?"

"She never talked much about how she became a witch. But I do trust her."

"What about her parents? Does she only live with her grandmother?"

Kevin reached the top. "Yes, her parents died in a plane accident. She definitely doesn't like to talk about that."

"Oh…" Now I felt a little bad for her. Maybe she acted like a creep to control her depression. Still, I couldn't stand her calling me a Barbie Doll!

Through the dark hallway, we approached a door with Salina's name on it. Kevin slowly pushed the door open. "Hi, Salina! We need your-"

Kevin's mouth dropped as his body turned stiff. It looked like he saw a ghost.

I looked over his shoulder and realized what shocked him.

Freaking Salina sat crossed-legged on her wooden floor, naked. Candlesticks levitated around her while she hummed with her eyes closed. Her entire body was pale as a ghost. Her long black hair covered most of her back, but it couldn't reach her curvy buttocks smooshed on the floor. 

"You can come in," Salina whispered, resting her hands on her lap.

Kevin closed the door a bit to avoid staring at the witch's butt. His face turned red like cherries. "Salina! You are naked!"

"Yeah, what the total hell!" I exclaimed with him.

"I can't focus with my clothes on," Salina explained. "My body needs to breathe."

"Weird, but can you put on your clothes before we come in please?" Kevin asked.

"Why?"

"Why? We totally don't want to see your butt crack!" I shouted.

Salina breathed in and out. "Seeing a nude body is natural. Stop being weird."

My lips tumbled. "Yo-yo-you're the one being totally weird!"

"You can take your clothes off and join me if you like. It will not kill you."

I puffed out my red cheeks. "No freaking way!"

"Salina, we really need your help!" Kevin exclaimed. "It is very serious!"

Salina sighed. "I wish someone could kill me now."

Her candles landed gently on the floor as she rose. She grabbed a black robe from her closet and placed it on. That was all she put on. "Come in!"

Kevin walked into Salina's bedroom in front of me.

For the First time in a goth girl's room, I could see the witch has a large black bed, surrounded by black veil curtains. White walls, one widow covered by more black curtains, a dresser, closet, and a desk with witchcraft materials on it. She even has a bookshelf, loaded with spellbooks. 

Salina sat on her bed, stretching her long white legs out as she wiggled her toes with black painted nails. "So, what do you want?"

I still couldn't believe how Salina appeared to be. Was she using magic to enhance her exotic beauty?

"Jessica believes there is a mummy on the loose in town," Kevin explained. The redness on his cheeks faded away.

Salina sneered. "A mummy?"

"It came from the museum," I said. "I was there after it happened. It broke out from a sarcophagus and killed a guard."

Salina smiled as dark shadows form around her eyes. "Interesting."

"We thought you could help us find the thing," said Kevin. "Can you, please?"

The witch pursed her black lips. "I need to craft an ornament to track it first."

"How long will it take?" I asked.

Salina held up five fingers. "Five days."

"What!? Are you totally kidding me!?"

"I can't find toilet paper man without it. Tracking magic takes time to make."

"But people will die if we don't find the monster!"

"Oh, I am so sorry you thought my powers could do anything. Boo-who!"

I growled. No wonder some people called witches bitches.

"Can you at least make it fast?" Kevin asked.

Salina swung her right leg over her left leg. "I'll do what I can. Maybe by luck, the ritual will explode on me."

Geez, Salina is so totally dark! Thank god I couldn’t see what was under her bottom robe.

I sighed. "Okay, but what can we do in the meantime?"

"I don't know. Continue your pathetic life."

I pointed my finger at the window. "But we can't just sit here and let that thing out there kill people!"

Salina yawned. "You can try, but you will not find it."

"We'll try still, but make the damn magic thingy before I totally dunk your head into the toilet!"

Salina laughed. "I would dig that."

My breath turned speechless. She never took my threats seriously.

Kevin shook Salina's hand. "Thank you, Salina. Please give me a call when you are done."

Salina glared at him. "Next time knock before you enter. I could have cursed you if you weren't careful."

As far as I know, we were already cursed when we saw Salina’s naked ass.

5