Book Three: Chapter 17
81 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


At Mickey’s Barbecue Grill, I couldn’t stop munching on buffalo wings at the dining table. I shuddered each piece and stuffed them into my mouth. The spicy honey sauce taste fueled my appetite.

Mmmmmmmmh! Horny and hungry at the same time! 

Kevin and Salina watched my animalistic eating habits in horror. I bet they would totally barf all over the table if they ordered food. Sucks for them.

After I finished the last wing, I burped like a hippopotamus. "Oh my god! That was totally good!"

Since I changed back to normal, I lost all my calories in my body. The hunger begged me to eat as soon as possible, or else I wouldn't last for the rest of the night. Mickey’s Barbecue Grill wasn't too far from the museum. It has plenty of meat to satisfy my inner beast. 

"Uggggggh!" I licked my fingers. "I want another basket!"

"You ate like ten servings already," Salina mentioned.

"One more! That's totally it!"

Kevin sighed. "I'll pay for it."

He turned to the left and raised his finger up toward an approaching waitress. "One more basket of buffalo wings please."

The waitress nodded and strolled to the kitchen. 

Salina sipped her glass of water with a lemon in it. "So, now can you tell us what happened, wolfy?"

I licked my mouth and glanced at the water pitcher near my basket. Now I 

I picked it up and dipped my tongue into the water, slurping. Water sprayed across the table toward Kevin and Salina. They ducked before my slobber touched them.

“Jessica!” Kevin shouted.

I stopped and stared at them. The water dripped down my face.  “Sorry! What did you ask?”

Salina brushed the water drips off her jacket. “What was the freaking mummy doing?”

I placed the pitcher down. "Oooooh yeah, it was totally weird. The mummy returned to steal another mummy from the other sarcophagus.”

“Which one?” Kevin asked.

“The golden one, I think. He left the other behind. When I confronted him, he vomited bugs into my face and vanished. So totally gross!”

“Interesting he avoided my trap.” Salina picked an ice cube from her glass and slipped it into her mouth, sucking on it. “If he is smart, he could be powerful.”

“Did you checked which coffin he opened?” Kevin asked.

I stared at the table and bit my lip. “I totally have no clue. Do you think he might be building an army?”

“I doubt that. Stealing one mummy isn’t enough.” Kevin wiggled his glasses. “I remembered those coffins contained Princess Nathifa and Queen Sahir.”

While rubbing his chin, his eyes widened. “Maybe he took Nathifa’s body back to his hiding spot.”

“Why?” I asked.

Kevin tapped his finger on the table. “Nex still remembers her. He might be planning to resurrect her somehow.”

Salina finished her drink. “Resurrection is forbidden in my vocabulary. Everyone who tried raising the dead failed or died. Some spells required a sacrifice to make the resurrection work.”

“How can the mummy bring back his lover?” I asked.

“There are many options. He would either need to read the Book of the Dead, use a magic relic, or perform a human sacrifice ritual.”

“But the museum doesn’t have the Book of the Dead or any magical artifacts I know,” said Kevin.

Salina pursed her black lips. “Then he is going to kill someone to resurrect his princess.”

My heart dropped. “But who? Does he totally need a specific victim?”

Salina shrugged. “A female perhaps. The same age as the princess before she closed the curtains.”

“She was sixteen I think,” said Kevin. “He might attack our school next.”

My skin crawled all over my trembling flesh. The thought about my friends being the next targets chilled deeply through my heart. Would they become raisins like the previous victims, or face a worse type of death? “We should keep an eye on the school!"

“What if he attacks somewhere else?” Kevin asked. “Teen girls travel everywhere.”

Salina held up her mummy tracker. “I still got this. He cannot hide from us.”

“What about his hideout?”

Salina bit her lip. “I still can’t find his hideout.”

I rolled my eyes. “Amateur.”

“Barbie doll.”

I scowled at her snarling face until Kevin padded the table for their attention.

“Fine, we will watch the school and patrol the streets,” he suggested. “Agree?”

Salina and I nodded.

I sighed. “Where are my buffalo wings?”

*****

Sit, boys!

Sit, boys!

Dogs are losers

And wolves are better!

Goooooooooooo Mighty Wolves!

While standing on Malaya and Tiffany’s shoulders, I waved my pom-poms in the air and gently hopped to the ground. I smiled at the sun, admiring the beautiful day for cheerleading practice.

"I don't think we should use the word, boys," Malaya suggested. "It might offend some people."

"Like who?" Tiffany asked. "The other team? We are supposed to offend them. If we break their team spirit, our team will win. That is what cheerleaders do."

Malaya glared. “What if one of them is black?”

"So?"

Malaya stepped close to Tiffany’s face with her pom-poms on her hips. "You want to get tackled to death by angry players?"

Tiffany puffed her cheeks and groaned. She tightened her fist until she blew off some steam. "F-f-f-f-f-f- fine! I'll change the lines."

Malaya smiled like she won a battle against our cheerleading captain. Tiffany needed to watch what kind of cheer lines she wrote. She could ruin the squad's reputation.

Anyway, it has been a year since the Halloween massacre began without warning. After I saved the day, my squad fully recovered and continued their practices without trauma. I totally expected Tiffany would move out of town, but she pretended as if nothing had happened at the party. 

Wow! I guessed my squad was stronger than they looked. 

I glanced around the football field. If the mummy planned to kidnap someone at school, when will he strike? Will he target my friends?

The mummy wouldn't try to snatch someone at school during the night. Nobody would be there unless detention remained open. 

All I could do was keep my wolf senses open for any sign of danger. 

"Hey, Jessica!" Holly approached me and whispered, “I saw someone over there!”

I glanced, but nobody crept near the bleachers. "Are your eyes totally playing with you, Holly? There is nobody-"

I gasped when a shadow moved behind the bleachers and ducked. Whoever or whatever it was, my spine shivered. "Holly, stay with the others. I will check it out."

Holly smiled and held up her fists. "Go get that peeper!"

I giggled and marched toward the bleachers. The mummy's horrible scent wasn't in the air, but whoever it was, nobody stalks my squad with me around.

2