Book Four: Chapter 20
66 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I awoke sluggish, rubbed my eyes, and looked around my room to figure out what had happened. Although everything appeared to be in order, I got a peculiar gut feeling that something big had happened. I ignored the ideas and dressed for school while a sensation of excitement filled my chest.

A gorgeous day greeted me as soon as I left my house. The birds were chirping, and the sun was shining brightly. Kevin and Salina, two of my buddies, were waiting for me outside. To get to our school, we had to cross Lakeshore, our hometown.

I observed the town as we strolled and saw how different everything appeared to be. Everything, including the trees, people, and buildings, seemed both unfamiliar and exotic at the same time. I felt as though I were taking things in for the first time.

"What's happening?" I prompted Kevin. “Why does everything appear to have changed?”

"I don't know," Kevin replied. However, isn't it kind of cool?

"Yeah," I replied. "It is."

We kept going and eventually arrived at Lakeshore High. The school's large, green landscape and stately brick buildings gave it an appealing appearance. As students hurried to their classes, laughing and talking resounded throughout the courtyard.

"Wow," remarked Salina. "This location is enormous."

"Yeah, it is," I replied. "I'm wondering how we're going to find our classes."

Kevin said, “We'll work it out. Let's go, come on.”

When we arrived at the school, the buzz of students welcomed us right away. There were many people in the hallways, and voices and footsteps could be heard everywhere.

Kevin walked us down the hallway and said, "This way."

We went to our first-period lesson and sat down. Streams of sunlight streamed into the room, which was spacious and welcoming. The room was filled with the faint murmur of voices and the sound of pencils scratching against paper.

The teacher's voice reverberated throughout the room as she stood in front of the class and wrote on the whiteboard.

She said, "Good morning, class. My name is Ms. Smith, and this year, I'll be teaching English to you."

We all said "hi" in murmurs.

“I'm excited to get to know each of you,” Ms. Smith stated. "Let's begin our lesson right away."

Ms. Smith began by discussing the book we will be reading for our upcoming task. I made an effort to pay attention, but my thoughts kept straying. I couldn't stop pondering how different everything appeared. Was this indeed my school? Honestly, was this my new life?

After class, Kevin and Salina and I went to get lunch. We sat down at a table in the cafeteria and started eating our food.

"So, what do you think?" Kevin asked.

"I don't know," I replied. "Everything is just so...different."

"Yeah," Salina said. "It's like we're in a different world."

"I wonder what happened," I said.

"I don't know," Kevin said. "But I'm not going to worry about it. I'm just going to enjoy the ride."

"I guess you're right," I said. "There's no point in trying to figure it out now."

After eating our lunch, we returned to class. The remainder of the day went by quickly. Nothing captured my attention. The only thing I could think of was how different everything was.

After work, Kevin, Salina, and I all took the same route home.

Kevin said, “Well, that was a day.”

"Yeah," I replied. It certainly was."

Salina remarked, “I'm not sure what to think about all this.”

"Me neither," I responded. "However, I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what transpires."

We made our way in quiet for a while.

Kevin declared, "I'm going to go home and take a nap. I feel like my brain needs a break."

"Me, too," Salina replied.

I remarked, "I think I'll follow suit."

We bid each other farewell and parted ways.

I pondered all that had transpired that day as I made my way home. I was unsure of what to make of it all. I did, however, understand that nothing would ever be the same again.

Author's Note:

"That is the final chapter and the end of The Werewolf Cheerleader. Please leave a review and I hoped you enjoyed the series so far."

1