Book One: Chapter 14
216 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

John and the girls walked around the ship, checking out the webbing, sticking all over the ship. The webbing was on the wings, clogging the plasma cannons, and the two jet thrusters on the back. No wonder Lena couldn’t fly the ship out of the planetoid. 

“Look at this mess,” said Alexis through her com-link. “It will take hours to cut the web off?”

“Is it strong?” John asked.

The witch pulled a piece of the web off the cockpit window. “Barely, but we can still cut it off. Fire can’t burn it because it is fireproof.”

“Look at all of those eggs!” Kara exclaimed without breathing. “We better hurry before they hatch.”

“What about your ecto energy blades?” John asked. 

“They will not work too,” the witch answered. “Only our plasma blades will do it.”

“How come plasma can cut through it?”

“Plasma is stronger I supposed.”

“Then let’s cut these suckers off our ship. Don’t worry about what is on the armor. We need our thrusters and plasma cannons too.”

“We copy,” said Alexis.

John pushed the trigger on his plasma chain saw, and then he saw through a pillar of the web on the button of the ship. 

The web didn’t feel strong at all while the energy blade buzzed through it as if the web was toilet paper. 

Cutting off the web wasn’t going to take too late after all.

After the web fell off the ship, John cut through the next one. While cutting, sparkles in the web twinkled. It must be from minerals, which the spider feasted on. It might be the reason why it was fireproof although the silk was weak to plasma.

John paused when he spotted an egg shaking nearby. He turned his chain saw off and approached the egg.

The egg stopped when he reached it. When he touched it, the egg cracked open and eight legs crawled out.

The spider infant was as big as a dog, shaped like a white crab without claws. Four short tentacles were around its mouth beneath its four black eyes. 

John stared at the thing. “You are one little ugly mother-”

The spider screamed and jumped onto John’s helmet. Its legs and tentacles tipped on his helmet, trying to get through.

John screamed until he grabbed the spider and tossed it. The spider floated and grabbed onto the web. Then it crawled away.

John turned around and saw other eggs shaking. “Shit! The eggs are hatching!”

“I cleaned the plasma cannons,” said Kara.

“And the right thruster is free, but I am still working on the other one,” said Alexis.

More eggs shook around the ship until they popped open. The spider infants crawled out, hissing like snakes. 

There were a lot of them. John wasn’t sure if his squad could fight them with their chainsaws. 

“Kara, protect Alexis!” John ordered. “When she is done, we need to get back to the ship, ASAP!”

“I got her ass covered!” Kara shouted.

A lot of spiders surrounded John, but he wasn't going to go down without a fight. He stomped on a few spiders and turned his plasma chainsaw on. All of the spiders kept charging at him as he swung his saw blade through them.

Blue blood sprayed all over his spacesuit, and the spiders screamed as one of them got sawed in half.

The spiders didn't care if they were being killed. After being born, they were too hungry to care.

"John!" Alexis's voice shouted. "We need help!"

John growled and dashed toward the back of the ship. "Lena! Fire the plasma cannons!"

"Roger!" Lena's voice replied.

The two cannons below the cockpit bubble window blasted the spiders. Most of them got blown into pieces while the others retreated. 

That should keep them away for a while.

When John reached the back, he saw a dozen spiders jumping all over the girls.

Kara was slashing the spiders apart with her claws. Her chainsaw was on the ground. She grabbed one spider and bit off its head. Blue blood sprayed all over her face.

Damn, that girl can fight!

Alexis was slicing the spiders into pieces with her energy blades as they leaped toward her. But she wasn’t cutting the webs off the thruster. She needed help.

John raced toward the girls as he swung his chainsaw around, splattering the spiders apart. If he wasn't wearing his spacesuit, he could use his photo machine guns to blast the spiders. But he still needed oxygen.

He approached Alexis and massacred the spiders around her. "Finish unclogging the thruster!"

Alexis threw her energy blade saw into the jet thruster, cutting it as fast as she could. She has to move quickly or else the spiders will rip them apart.

"Gross!" Kara spat out the blue blood from her mouth. "Spider blood tasted nasty!"

John shredded a spider apart and laughed. "I thought vampires can drink any blood."

Kara picked up a spider and pulled it apart. "We can, but spider blood taste like shit! It's like toothpaste in toilet water!"

"Don't you feel ashamed you are killing babies that are just being born?" Lena's voice asked.

John grabbed a spider off his shoulder and dropped it onto his roaring saw blade. It splattered apart.

"I don't care!" he shouted. "They should have stayed in their eggs when we are here!"

Alexis pulled the last webbing out of the thruster. "All set!"

"Good! Get back to the ship now!"

John and the girls dashed to the left side of the ship where they came out. But they stopped when a giant shadow approached them.

It was the giant asteroid spider. Bigger than the ship with long legs, shaped like curly daggers. Four black eyes above its tentacles surrounded its mouth. Its body was flat like a crab with a thick spiked shell on its back. 

The thing was as big as hell. No wonder it could drag the Undertaker into its nest. 

Now that the spider was back in its nest, it knew what John's squad has been doing to its infants. And it doesn't look happy about it.

6