Book One: Chapter 25
138 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

John approached Alexis and helped her up. “Are you okay?”

Alexis looked at him with a funny face. “I think you look better with fur on.”

John looked at his brown skin without the fur, which he didn’t notice before. Perhaps the chip kept his mind from feeling his body changing back. He still has a long way to get used to his new ability.

Kara approached him while rubbing the shoulder where the demon shot her. “I’m glad that asshole is dead.”

“Which one?” John asked with a grin.

Kara shrugged. 

Alexis walked toward the beacon. “Let me take care of this thing.”

“Okay.” John pushed his com-link. “Lena, brace yourself. We are about to destroy the beacon. We will meet you on the other side.”

“Roger that!” Lena replied.

When the space witch approached the beacon, she pulled out a detonator and placed it on the beacon. “This thing should blow the beacon apart, and return us home.”

Kara stared at the ancient relic. “I bet the portal has been open too damn long. What if something got out?”

“If something went through, we would have already seen it,” John explained. “Or Lena would have taken it out. I am sure nothing else reached here.”

“You never know. Demons are sneaky bastards.”

Kara was right about that, but John doesn’t want to worry about it right now. Closing the hell portal now was better than doing nothing.

Alexis activated the detector and stepped away.

In a few moments, the bomb exploded, shattering the beacon before everything turned brightly yellow.

John closed his eyes until the yellow light faded away. He looked up at the blackness in space, covered in stars. 

Pfff! Back in our own universe….. 

John pushed his com-link. “Lena, we are back. Do you copy?”

Her communication buzzed.

John pushed again. “Lena, are you here?”

Still no answer.

John and the girls heard a roar and looked up.

Above them, a spacecraft approached them, but it wasn’t the Undertaker. It was a gray falcon shuttle with an SPD logo on it.

After the shuttle landed, the ramp door opened and a squadron of SPD troopers stormed out and surrounded John’s team, aiming their rifles at them.

John and the girls raised their hands up.

You gotta be fucking kidding me! John thought.

A man in a black spacesuit walked down from the ramp and approached John. He placed his hands behind his back.

John couldn’t see the man’s face, but he knew what that spacesuit belonged to.

“I finally caught you, John,” said the director’s voice. “Did you truly thought you could get away from me?”

“How the hell did you find us?” John asked.

“We picked up a space abnormally from our radar. I didn’t believe you could open up a portal to hell.”

“We didn’t open it!” Kara explained. “Fischer did….. Or the demon inside of him did.”

“We told you what was going on,” said Alexis. “That is why we had to disobey you. Without John, we wouldn’t have stopped it.”

“And you expect me to believe that?” the director asked.

“You said you believe in anything,” said John. “That is why you established the Space Paranormal Defense agency.”

“I only believe with hard evidence, Mr.Jagear. You can explain in court and pray to get a light sentence. In the meantime, you will be locked up until further notice.”

“But we just saved the universe!” John shouted.

“Not in my perspective. If you try to resist again, I shall have you executed. You are still a monster and a danger to civilians.” The director turned to his troops. “Take them away.”

On trooper approached behind John and placed handcuffs on him. John struggled. “What about Lena?”

“She will be joining you soon.” The director walked back into his ship. “Have a good time on Planet Hades.”

John wanted to rip the director apart, but it will only make things worse. At least Lena didn’t get stuck in hell space.

After the girls got handcuffed, the troopers pushed them to walk into the director’s shuttle.

“It’s okay, John,” said Alexis. “You did what you believed was right.”

Kara smiled at him. “And I will always watch your sexy ass.”

John laughed as he entered the ship. Hopefully, his squad will get a light sentence, or else he will break out and unleash terror upon the stubborn agency.

3