Book Two: Chapter 2
127 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The possessed demonic human charged toward John. Before his blood-thirsty fangs reached for John's throat, the possessed man's head exploded. Flesh chunks and tiny bone matter sprayed across John's face. Even blood almost flew into his mouth.

"Fuck!" John struggled, but he couldn't get out of his restraints still.

After the headless body fell to the floor, a floating silver sphere with two arms hovered toward him. It has a small camera-shaped head with one eye lens above a red light. One of its clawed hands carried a laser pistol before it dropped the weapon. "Oh, fuck is right."

John spat the blood off his lips. "Who the hell are you?"

The hovering robot sphere held up its clawed hands. "The one who is saving your ass, unlike that idiot."

The machine spoke in a British accent with an electronic tone. Artificial intelligence rarely spoke that way unless someone wanted to play fun and games.

The robot typed on the keyboard. "Call me Copper, Security Enforcer Drone 115."

"You look too small to be an enforcer drone."

The robot turned to him. "Don't you bloody judge my size! I can kick anyone's ass if I have legs!”

John rolled his eyes and felt the cramps opened. He stepped out from the tube and stretched his mechanic arms out. 

After snapping his neck back, he took a deep breath. "Damn it feels good to be free."

Copper hovered toward him. "Not everyone gets a chance here, you bloody lucky son of a bitch."

John stared at his arms and frowned. They were thin with bony metal hands, not matching his correct anatomy. A muscular V-shaped black man with tiny arms would be hilarious, but not to John. "Shit! They replaced my arms!"

"What did you expect? Prisoners aren't allowed to carry weapons," Copper explained.

John wiggled his mechanic fingers. He could still carry a weapon until he could get his correct cybernetic arms back. "Do you know where they left them?"

"In the armory storage room. If you follow me, I can take you there."

John stared at the corpse. 

The word Security in yellow was patched on the back of the man's uniform. He must have been a guard before whatever turned him into a monstrosity.

John spotted the laser gun near the corpse and picked it up. It was the only weapon he could use for now. "Then take me there now."

The robot shook up and down. "You better keep up then."

*****

Through the hallway, John sprinted while following the robot. Smoke burst from the vents and red lights flashed on the ceiling. It sounded like the entire place was under attack.

"So what the hell is going on here?" John asked.

"I don't have a bloody clear clue?" Copper answered. "Red things start popping the fuck out of nowhere, making people go crazy! Worse than a bloody prison riot!"

John guessed a demonic outbreak occurred while he was in stasis. He encountered one before, but not on a prison planet. All demons in spirit forms had to come from somewhere to possess people. They couldn’t pop out of anywhere for some reason. If they could, the entire galaxy would be screwed. What a rude awakening he had.

"I was given orders from the director," Copper continued.

"The director? You mean my superior?"

"Before I lost contact, he told me and the guard to free you. Your teammates too."

John almost forgot about Alexis and Kara. He hoped they were fine, but he knew they could handle themselves.

The director probably also knew what was going on on the planet. John and the girls could be the only ones who deal with the outbreak. "Anything else he said?"

"After you assemble your team, stop whatever is causing the-" Copper stopped before he could. "Bloody hell!"

At the end of the hallway, two security guards stood in front of a tall metal double door. They glanced at John, revealing their red eyes. With devilish grins, they hissed through their fangs and charged. 

John would be damned if the entire prison got possessed by psycho demonic ghosts from hell. 

3