Book Three: Chapter 14
33 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

John leaped from Barzid before he could blast his mini-gun. The demon bull's horns almost hit him, but it left no scratch on John’s fur. He was lucky he didn’t find out what might happen if the demon’s horns scratch him. 

He aimed his gun and blasted the demon's back. However, his shots deflected off the demon's armor. It must be as strong as Torgek's armor suit.

Barzid spun around and threw his ax toward John. The ax whirled through the air, and John ducked.

When the ax landed near the vault, the door exploded, sending metal fragments over the floor. The beacon shimmered within the debris smoke, like a lighthouse in a fog.

John grinned. “Yes!”

He aimed his mini-gun at the beacon, but the bull demon charged into him. John slammed into a wall. His head spun as he watched the demon pick up his ax.

"You shall not pass me!" Barzid shouted, blocking the exposed vault room.

John glanced at the beacon and toward the bull demon. He slowly grinned as his free hand reached for one of his grenades. “Why don’t you come at me, bitch! I’ll pass anyone when I fucking want to!”

Barzid snorted and charged with his ax raised above his head. John pulled out the grenade and pushed the trigger button.

When the demon approached him, John jumped back, avoiding the ax slamming into the ground between his legs. He grabbed Barzid’s narrow face and shoved the grenade into the demon’s mouth.

He released Barzid and kicked him straight toward the beacon. The demon crashed into the beacon and exploded. Red meat and stone pieces splattered together across the entire chamber. Nothing was left inside, except gore.

John sighed. That took care of the artifact. Hopefully, it worked and the Earth returned to normal space. To find out, he must head to the bridge immediately.

*****

Tiara’s face hit the glass window and fell to the floor. Her sister removed her mask so she could cover Tiara’s face with cuts and bruises. Zira must have really hated Tiara’s beautiful face. But she will pay for that.

As Tiara got up, Zira grabbed Tiara’s throat and slammed Tiara’s back against the glass. The glass cracked a little behind Tiara.

Zira smiled at Tiara’s face. "Why don't you just give the fuck up. You know I am stronger than you." She moved her lips toward Tiara’s left ear. "After all… You're just a puny hybrid."

Tiara held back her eyes, understanding there was no time to cry. If she loses focus, she will be dead.

She turned her left eye and glanced at the glass. With a grin, she spat a small flame at the glass from her mouth. 

Zira glared at the burning heat on the glass surface. "What the-"

Tiara screamed as she swung her sister toward the melted spot, and slammed her back against it. Zira struggled as Tiara held her back and said, "Say hello to our father."

Zira arched her eyebrows in confusion until she screamed in agony. Outside the window, her flesh popped open in the space vacuum through the hole. Her blood and organ pieces splattered into space in a gore trail.

She grew thin as her insides entered the hole. First, her stomach, arms, and legs went through before her head got stuck in the hole. Zira's scream vanished from her open mouth. Soon, her head broke through the glass, leaving the fracture hole open.

Tiara sprinted back so the vacuum wouldn't reach her. Then a blast shield spread across the window to stop the leaking hole.

Tiara dropped to her knees and let her tears rain off her face. She hated her sister. She hated how much Zira stood on her corrupted father's side for years. So why was she crying for her sister? Did she actually love Zira deep inside?

0