Chapter 16
572 6 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Iris looked at the bulletin.

 

> 1 beast Carcass - 100 points

 

> 1 Core - 10,000 points

 

> Cleaning the lobby - 10 points

 

> Repairing Xxx - 10 points

 

> Help find Mister Han - 15 points

 

….

 

The list just went on. 

 

Apparently there were custom orders and orders issued by the head of the base. Next to it were what they could redeem.

 

A meal costs around 3 points. 

 

Clothes, other necessities were more expensive. 

 

Iris placed a hand on her cheek. She blinked as she mentally calculated. She wasn’t going to trade cores for points. Beast carcasses she didn’t have. 

 

What was inside the meal was also iffy. It only said a meal. What she needed were rations….

 

Well, stuff like vegetables and nuts. Or perhaps she would really need to eat meat?

 

It was pretty much impossible to tell who was a former human at this point.

 

“If you want to do hunting missions, you can form a party. The base will log everything down.”

 

Iris nodded before turning over to Rhea. 

 

“Let’s form a party.” Rhea shrugged. They went over to the base and logged them down.

 

There were two types. Free, and contracted. 

 

A contracted party enjoyed perks, such as free food and equipment. However, they had to take orders from the base in turn. The benefits also extended to their family members, or a maximum of 5 people.

 

Naturally, Rhea placed them down as a Free Party. They could do anything they want, as long as they agreed to the two rules. 

 

While she handed in the sheets, Rhea turned to face Iris and asked. “Are you staying here?” 

 

Iris shook her head. Why would she want to live in a mall? And besides, her old home wasn’t too bad. 

 

If they cleaned everything, technically the entire building could be considered hers at this point. They also couldn’t just live in a new area so suddenly, and with a bunch of strangers no less.

 

At best, they would just come here from time to time for missions. “Do we just leave?” They literally just came here, and leaving so fast seemed like a waste….

 

“Let me show you around the place?” Bruna chimed in from the side. 

 

Iris nodded. Looking around wouldn’t hurt. 

 

Bruna led the group around the place. “This is where we dine.” There was a food court. People were sitting there eating quietly. While some were laughing and chatting. 

 

“If you want to eat something, I can treat you to a meal.”

 

Iris shook her head. She wasn’t really hungry. 

 

“Where’s Aelis?” She asked. She hadn’t seen or heard her mention about her.

 

“...She’s gone.” Bruna muttered before glancing at her, her eyes were a little red. “She turned into a monster and flew off. While me and Walker remained fine… Aside from him, I have nothing left in this world.”

 

She pulled up her sleeves. Seeing the bite mark that was left on her arm, Iris was startled.


“Sniff* If it weren’t for Walker, I would’ve been eaten by my own parents….” 

 

“My condolences….”

 

Iris patted her on the shoulders. She felt guilty for not feeling heartbroken about her parent’s death. She was sad, but not to the point of crying for them. Therefore, aside from this one line, she didn’t dare say much. Especially lines like I understand how you feel, or it must hurt to lose a loved one.

 

More than anything, Iris wanted to go back to her home right now. 

 

“I’m going back.” 

 

“I see…” Bruna sniffed before wiping away the tears, smudging off the masquera on her face. 

 

“Wow, the world ended and you still have time to wear makeup?” Seeing the black smudges, Iris felt she was a little funny.

 

“Hmph,” Bruna pouted. “I’m going to the bathroom. If you want to go explore the place, just make sure not to enter the very top floor, and don’t enter rooms with occupied signs on them. They mean there are people sheltering inside them.”

 

Throwing her a summary, she left the food court in hurried steps, going off to the bathroom.

 

Iris didn’t follow after her. 

 

“Rhea, is she okay?”

 

Rhea shrugged. “Who knows. It’s not like I can tell everyone’s life history.”

 

She felt Iris overestimated her a little too much. It wasn’t like she could do anything and everything. Nor could she read into a person’s past. Although she could see into the future a little bit. But that was only because she had experienced it herself.

 

For example Walker. He was doing quite well during the Apocalypse. 

 

“Let’s go,” seeing how Iris was a little depressed, she grabbed her hand and led her out of the place. The group walked around the place. The area where the people’s living spaces were were relatively silent. Most of the doors were closed, while a few were on the verandas. Leaning against the rail while observing the floors below.

 

Seeing the group, they turned to look at her, sizing up Iris as well as Rhea.

 

One of them even whistled. “It’s so hot, why not take off your coats?”

 

Iris rolled her eyes and ignored him. 

 

The man clicked his tongue and resumed viewing the area down below. On the bottom of his feet was a cub of a bear. It growled at Iris before turning to face down below as well.

 

“Woof.” A puppy ran in front of the group and barked at Rose who was inside her mom’s hand, causing the kit to raise her head before imitating the bark.

 

“Jake!” The mother came over and picked the puppy up before apologizing. “Sorry, he’s a little energetic.”

 

Iris felt her mood was a little better, smiled. 

 

“We should head back.” Rhea looked upwards. 

 

“Mhm.” Iris squirmed a bit in embarrassment, while glancing at the hand that was holding onto hers. She didn’t know if it would be rude to take back her hand, so she just left it there. 

 

Rhea appeared to not have noticed anything and led her down the stairs, and the group made their way out of the mall.

28