30. Soaring Dragon (II)
718 5 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You disgust me, Chen Xiaoyan. Are you lying to our fellow disciples again?" A fiery voice came from their side, and, looking over there, Yueshi saw a female clothed in red.

The young man’s face became livid after seeing her. “Shut up your hag! What lies have this young master spoken?” Not to be outdone, he shouted back.

“What lie? Verdant Green Association is ranked first… from the last! So don’t try to manipulate the new disciples into joining, making them regret it later!” Running toward them, the young woman then looked toward Yueshi.

"Hello, senior sister." He greeted her respectfully, controlling himself to not curse at the handsome young man.

“Nice to meet you, younger brother. My name is Feng Luozi, disciple brother can call me Sister Feng.” She spoke smiling. “You should not pay attention to this guy and find a proper association. Once you enter one, you cannot leave for a year.” Saying so, she glared at Chen Xiaoyan.

As Yueshi followed her gaze, his eyes became cold too. The young man, Chen Xiaoyan, could only scratch his head and awkwardly laugh.

After that, Feng Luozi bade Yueshi farewell, pulling the youth by the ear to only god-knows-where.

Shaking his head, Yueshi massaged his temples, remarking that this place was full of eccentric people.

Next, Yueshi walked around and observed the many stalls. Other than the associations' names being written on a big banner, they also wrote the benefits they were offering to those that joined and also their requirements.

There was a Darking Skies Association that was offering a hundred contribution points to anyone that joined. Their requirements were not that strict, and anyone at the first stage of the Body Refinement could join.

Yueshi even saw some offering four to five hundred contribution points or a cultivation manual from the first floor of the tower.

However, their requirements were also stricter; some only accepted those at the late phase of the first stage or those at the second stage. Moreover, they also required a certain degree of talent.

Strolling around, Yueshi approached some stalls from time to time; however, none of the associations interested him. First, their benefits were not good enough, and two, he did not want to be shackled to them.

Suddenly, a guy that seemed as tall as a mountain walked toward him. At first, Yueshi thought he was only passing by; however, when that person stopped before him it became apparent that he was there to speak with him.

“Are you Rong Yueshi?” His voice was rough and deep.

“Yes. And who might this senior brother be?” Yueshi could feel a faint pressure from the other part, so he was sure he was a senior.

“Gao Xiongli, from the Heaven’s Will Association. I will be direct with you. The Heavens’ Will Association is ranked second, and we are formally inviting you to join us.” As he spoke, those that knew better glanced at them in surprise.

Yueshi was not sure of how strong this association was, but he knew that they would have many restrictions. So, after thinking for a moment, he was prepared to refuse.

"Why don't you hear the benefits first?" Gao Xiongli spoke after reading his expression. Continuing, he said, "we will give you two thousand contribution points every month, plus an extra amount depending on your rate of development and services. Moreover, we will also buy you a weapon of your choice, or a cultivation manual from the second floor."

That was not the end. He also spoke about other benefits, like the opportunity to exchange pointers with the third-ranked outer court disciple one time per month; help in concluding tasks, and tips about cultivation manuals previously cultivated by present or old members of the association.

All in all, the benefits were massive and even made Yueshi hesitate.

“And what about the restrictions?” He was not stupid to believe that they would give him that for free. So he wanted to make clear what was the price of their sponsoring.

Seeing Yueshi cautious attitude, the big man frowned for a bit. His attitude implying something along the lines of 'if we want to recruit you, you should just be happy and accept it'.

"You should know that there is no free meal in the world." Saying so, he stopped for a second. "If you join our association, you must swear absolute loyalty to our association's chief. Also, you must follow the orders of those ranked higher than you in the association, and vow to do your best to help the association to further develop."

Hearing his words Yueshi nodded in understanding. However, there was more.

“Apparently, the chief wants to cultivate you as the next head of the association. Therefore, you also must spend at least two years in the outer court.” Many grasped in surprise all around, but Yueshi only raised an eyebrow.

"Then, I must refuse." Helping the association develop? He was okay with that, and it would be one of his obligations as a member. However, the other requirements did not please him in the least.

The greatest joke was the two years in the outer court. Outer disciples had to spend a year in the outer court before taking the Inner Sect Examination, and he was sure that, by then, he'd be more than ready.

That being so, joining the Heavens Will Association would be like shooting at his own feet. Even if he joined it and received a lot of benefits, he would be dragged down in the end.

Yueshi expected the man to look at him with angry eyes, before saying something along the lines of ‘you will regret not joining us’, before growling and leaving. However, Gao Xiongli merely frowned and left, clearly unsatisfied.

But, soon, Yueshi noticed why he did not bother saying anything.

Being invited by the Heavens Will Association was proof enough of his talent, yet, no association around even tried to invite him after the man left.

Moreover, he could see in their faces that they were afraid – afraid that interacting with him would invite the Heavens' Will Association's wrath.

Shaking his head, Yueshi became even surer of his decision. If people were so afraid of them, it only went to show that they were not good people to work with.

Not bothering to stay here, he continued to walk. He had still not seen any of his friends, and since he was dragged off by that handsome and shameless guy, he was not sure if Xuehua was at home or if she was looking around too.

Soon, however, he found her. Though the situation around was not exactly good.

--- - -

Since Yuan Yue had slept over, she and Xuehua ate breakfast together. The former wanted to call Yueshi, however, Xuehua stopped her, saying that he was dead tired the day and that it was better to allow him to rest.

It was around them that the clamoring outside started.

When the two opened the door to see, they were really surprised with the number of people walking to and fro, but even more so with the loud shouts of the associations.

It didn’t take them long to understand what it was all about. Since it would not hurt to look around, that was what they decided to do.

To be honest, Xuehua was not that interested in joining an association, and Yuan Yue even commented that she was sure the older girl would just join the same association as Yueshi.

Xuehua did not answer and only smiled – although she wondered if she was being too protective or clinging to her brother too much, to the point that people could easily judge her line of thoughts.

Unfortunately, the joy did not last long, and they soon found themselves in an awkward situation.

Yuan Yue received a fairly good treatment; despite only joining because of Yueshi's intervention, she had tested for dark red in her talent test. That alone spoke volumes of her potential. Moreover, after training for a few days, she had already broken through to the third stage.

As for Xuehua, it did not even need to be said. She not only had tested for a black-grade talent in her test, but her final ranking was also among the best of the best. The smaller associations did not know much about her, but the bigger ones knew who she was and that her potential was boundless, so they all offered her good conditions – only to be, politely, refused.

However, such treatment was earned through their potential, a potential that others from the Flying Snow Dojo lacked. And that was the source of the awkward situation.

Wu Feng and two others were also searching for an association to join, and when they visited a certain stall, they were immediately made to leave. However, the members of that association were not content with just making them go and started to hurl abuses at them.

'A bunch that could not even pass the examination dares to have thoughts about our association?', 'Your group of wild dogs thinks this is some sort of charity house?', and a few more disparaging words were said while people around took joy in their humiliation.

At first, they wanted to leave, however, those guys seemed to be in a bad mood and did not want to let them go. Because of that, a small fight – under the name of an association test – broke out, with Wu Feng and the others being knocked down.

More humiliating words were spelled out, and it was around then that Xuehua and Yuan Yue arrived.

The two immediately intervened, with Yuan Yue jumping in and punching a guy unconscious with her first strike. Xuehua was not as wild as she was, but, promptly stood before the three fallen people.

After confirming their condition, she stood in combat stance, ready to defend them if their opponent made another move.

Afterward, Yuan Yue and the association members started to argue back and forth. The girl wanted the group to apologize, meanwhile, the association members were unwilling to do that, and also angry with her for striking at them.

It was around then that Yueshi chanced upon them.

--- - -

Seeing Yuan Yue arguing with the other guys, and Wu Feng and the others sitting on the ground injured, Yueshi immediately stepped in. His expression seemed like usual, however, a trace of coldness flashed past his eyes while gazing at the people from the unknown association.

Back on Earth, he and his mother had gone through thick and thin, yet, he couldn’t do anything because he was too weak and unimportant. Therefore, back then, he could only keep silent and endure it.

However, since coming to this world, and because of several factors, his views and perceptions of the world had changed. He was now more confident in himself and his ways, as if something inside of him had awakened, and knew, for sure, that accepting the unfair treatment others stubbornly tried to enforce was not his cup of tea.

That being so, he set firm resolve in not letting such things happen in front of him without doing anything.

If they dared to move against his friends, he would send them to meet Yama.

If they dared to move against Xuehua, a thousand lives would not be enough compensation.

Anyone who dared to make a single move against those dear to him would have to pay the price and accept his enmity. He would not let matters go without trying his best to make them pay.

That was a part of the path he decided to walk, despite its apparent lack of flexibility.

I'm back!

I am here and I do not have any more symptoms, and have been given permission to return to my daily routine. That said, we will return to our daily releases, and I hope you all can continue to support the story - even this short break was uncalled for. That aside, I will be reading and answering all comments this sunday (20-ish chapters whort of comments '3'), even if that gives me stomach pain, so some people will probably get a few notifications by then!

See you tomorrow~

20