48. Beast Horde (V)
401 5 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the sun started to set, the beast horde was visibly smaller. However, while the stronger disciples were taking care of the most powerful beasts, the first wall had fallen.

That was because the second and third stage took advantage of the stronger disciples fighting against the general-level demon beasts to launch a fierce and almost suicidal attack.

Moreover, while the second wall was still standing, it seemed like it wasn't going to last for long as cracks had spread all over its surface.

As some people rested after an intensive battle, others continued to fight without rest. The beast horde was still there, and their defenses were going to crumble very soon.

Even if they were still awarded contribution points if the village was razed to the ground, it would not change the fact they failed and people died because of that.

Yueshi was also among those fighting. His spear would thrust and swipe, clearing enemies in a circle or on a straight line with each attack.

There was even a time that he swirled it around like a helix, the intense speed tearing every beast on his path to shreds.

At the same time, as Yueshi continued to fight, more and more people took notice of him. Not only had he fought against the black lion and won – but he had also destroyed the beasts surrounding him and the lion during their struggle.

Moreover, he could dispose of second and third-stage beasts like disposing of cabbages. Even his friends and comrades were surprised by his combat power, their morale reaching the skies.

Yuan Yue was, maybe, the only one that understood from where his increase in strength came from since she had gone through something similar.

However, she did not ask him about it. That was because she judged that it was the effect of the Qi Spring and not the sex.

After another hour, the second wall crumbled and the battle became too fierce for those at the first and second stage to participate.

Now, all the beasts were around the third stage, none of them weaker than the Blacksteel Rhino that Yueshi fought against, and a few of them were even stronger.

However, the number of beasts also had fallen and the scope of the horde had decreased. The siege was coming to an end, and at the thought of it, everyone became tense.

Soon, they would need to face the big boss behind this horde, or better, this division from the complete horde.

The number of causalities and wounded was enormous; however, no one had time to think about them now.

With their hearts beating fast, those still alive watched as the last hundreds of beasts were taken care of by the stronger disciples, including the core members of the Soaring Dragon Association.

Suddenly, the ground shook.

Everyone looked toward the forest and saw the imaginable: several trees being uprooted and sent to fly. When someone understood what was going on, it was already too late.

Several trunks crashed against the second wall, destroying it in an instant. Several first stage disciples and weakened people were turned into meat paste, and the rest had to put their all in defending.

The beast lord had finally made its move.

Everyone gulped waited.

And they did not need to wait for long, because soon their greatest enemy left the confines of the forest, revealing itself for the first time.

Yueshi and the others watched attentively as an enormous, giant boa slithered its way through trees and bushes, moving toward them.

The Boa watched everyone with voracious, cold and brutal eyes as it hissed at them - making it crystal clear that it did not put the Sect’s disciples in its eyes.

“Fuck!” Someone in the crowd cursed seeing its appearance.

Surprisingly, the serpent had three heads and three pairs of eyes. Its gigantic body had scales that shone with a metallic luster and, above each head, there was some sort of crown-like structure that glowed with a dark-green color.

Compared with most demon beasts, its appearance was plain, but everyone had to admit it was one of the worst kinds of enemies they could face against.

“The Giant Poison Boa King!” Someone promptly identified it.

Even amongst the beasts, some had greater talent. All beasts could awake their ancestral blood; however, their strength was limited not just by their degree of awakening, but also by the purity of their bloodline.

It was widespread that those with a purer bloodline were considered geniuses and were, by far, stronger than the rest.

And the Giant Boa King was amongst those that had a very pure bloodline. A descendant of the Seven Colored Poison Snake, the Giant Poison Boa’s toxin was so potent that no one on the same stage as it would be able to deal with it.

And an individual like the Giant Boa King, that had an even purer bloodline even among his kin, was terror incarnate.

"If you want to live, do not let it bite you, do not breath in its poisonous fog, and do not let its blood touch your body. If you let any of those happen, then you are doomed!" Someone that had a good grasp of this beast's nature spoke, making the others even more serious.

“Yueshi.” Suddenly, Yueshi heard someone calling him.

Turning back, he saw Xiao Yao standing there with a bag in his hand. "If you swallow one of those at most ten seconds after being poisoned, you can still be saved."

Yueshi merely nodded and thanked him, making sure to remember this. He was sure that the things Xiao Yao had given him were pricey, maybe treasures of a kind.

He was also sure that this was not concocted by him, and probably was a gift from his master since it was out of his range to produce such a treasure.

It was clear that by giving him this, Xiao Yao was treating him as a true friend.

Breathing in and out, Yueshi stored the bag in his borrowed spatial treasure. After that, he threw a few healing and stamina recovery pills inside of his mouth.

The last wall had fallen and if they did not stop the boa king… the entire village would be turned into dust, all the habitants tortured by the snake’s poison.

Exchanging glances with those still able to fight, Yueshi gave them a nod. They came from different places and had different backgrounds, but right now, their goal was the same.

It was time to end this fight.

That said, there were, in total, twenty-five or so people capable of fighting against the boa king.

Four were from the Soaring Dragon Association, eight were from the Heavens Will Association and five were from the Rising Phoenix Association. The remaining eight were from the other small associations.

From the Soaring Dragon Association, other than Yueshi, there was Ling Tian Tian, Baiyun, and Yuan Yue. Tian Tian and Baiyun were both at the third stage, but their combat power was enough to match most disciples at the fourth stage.

The other members also wanted to fight, however, many of them were hurt and others would be in too much danger, so Yueshi prohibited them.

Meanwhile, Yueshi had asked the twins to rescue anyone that fell into danger, since they were the fastest people around.

One thing to note was that the person that had ambushed Yueshi and the others was amongst the fighting members of the Heavens' Will, and he even took his time to send them glances filled with disgust.

However, even when he tried to provoke them, Yueshi and the others did not answer him, solely focusing on what they had to do now.

They would get revenge sooner or later, but now, they had a greater responsibility at hand - protecting those at the back, both disciples and villagers.

Because of that, they would not spare the Heavens' Will a single glance, for now.

Since they were in an alliance, Yueshi and the others stood together with the people from the Rising Phoenix Association. Huan Xiong, their leader, was at the middle phase of the fourth stage, while Yi Dongfeng, their vice-leader, was at the early phase of the fourth stage.

Both of them had a cultivation base weaker than Yueshi’s, however, he did not doubt their strength.

His martial arts were great and his cultivation base was higher. However, when it came to accumulation, he was lacking.

The two of them had more survival and battle experience, they had learned more cultivation techniques and their cooperation was almost flawless since they had fought together for years.

“Later, during the battle, we will not have time to speak, so do not go too wild and use attacks that can cause problems for the others.” Huan Xiong’s words were strict but also understandable.

"Hm." Yueshi nodded before glancing toward the people from the Heavens' Will. "Do you think they will try anything?"

“No, they do not dare. They know we all need to give our all to win against that guy.” Her sword pointed toward the Boa King. “Moreover, since this is the last battle, the protectors will deduct points from those that actively try to hurt others.” Yueshi nodded.

“Thanks. Let’s cooperate well.” After Huan Xiong said similar words, the two focused back on the serpent.

The Giant Poison Boa King was by far stronger than the black lion Yueshi had fought with, and also many times more intelligent. One could see from its eyes that it was a wise and resourceful beast and that it could plan and think instead of just letting its instincts control it.

Such a cunning creature, since it decided to show up, had a certain assurance of winning. Thanks to that, everyone was a bit worried.

What gave it the confidence to face them all when there were five people at the fourth stage and twenty at the third? That is, not taking into account Yueshi’s and Yuan Yue’s improvement.

Evidently, the Boa King would not answer them, and instead, as it opened its big maw, a poisonous fog was released, covering a wide area.

Everyone immediately held their breaths, and although they could keep doing it for a dozen minutes if needed, it would impact their battle prowess.

The eight from smaller associations were the first to hush forward, knowing that, once the big players involved themselves, their chances of getting contribution points would decrease.

As they prepared their weapons and lunged forward, the snake welcomed them with a cold glint in its enormous and ferocious eyes.

The purer the bloodline the greater a beast’s skills; also, with greater bloodline purity a beast has higher chances of awakening certain skills and abilities that belong to their species.

As a beast lord, the Boa King obviously had many cards to play.

As the eight charged ahead, it did not even move, only hissing at them; yet, a moment later, enormous vines broke through the ground. The vines were thick and powerful, and if one was caught chances were they would be squeezed to death.

Seeing that, Yueshi and the rest could not stay idle, since a greater amount of people meant a greater chance of winning.

Rushing forward, everyone readied their weapons and, or, techniques. Yueshi even saw a flaming red bird take form behind Huan Xiong's back, its enormous wings flapping and sending her flying toward the beast.

As she flew, the grass on her path was burnt into ashes, and even the vines struggled and wriggled, withering under the intense heat.

This was her trademark cultivation technique, so there was no way it could not deal with a few vines.

However, that was still not enough as more and more vines started to spring out of the ground and move toward the people that charged first.

Even as strong as she was, Huan Xiong could not protect everyone all alone; so, instead of going to help, she marched forward toward the snake. If she distracted it she hoped it would not focus only on those people.

Surprisingly, Yueshi was the first to taste the binding power of the green tendrils as they grabbed his spear; however, with a shake of his arm, they were forcefully torn apart.

He did not even slow down, destroying anything on his path, his spear continuing to aim at the snake lord. Those vines were child play for him.

However, it would not be the same for the others.

As he was moving toward the serpent, he heard the explosion coming from the clash between Huan Xiong and the beast lord.

Flames flew toward the sky and a shock-wave spread in a circle around them; yet, under the powerful attack of the young lady’s saber, the Boa King remained unharmed, its scales still gleaming in perfect condition.

Its tail then whipped at the girl with such speed that none of them could catch a glimpse of it. Fortunately, Huan Xiong was prepared, and so were her companions.

Dongfeng reached her in the last moment, his steps mysterious and fast, instinctively swinging out with his sword - he made sparks fly as his blade meet the gigantic tail of the creature.

Moreover, without Yueshi even noticing when, the youth had thrown many small needles coated in qi toward the beast, though most of them were intercepted, while the rest broke upon contact with the scales.

‘Hidden weapons, huh…’ Yueshi wondered if the young man could teach the twins, but, shaking his head, he focused on the matter at hand.

The serpent's defense was now clear for all to see, so they had two choices: either focus on a single point until they broke one of its scales; or send a strong enough attack that could cause damage to it.

The latter was the hardest, so after a few exchanges of eyes the four groups decided to focus on a single point – the snake’s heads, more accurately, between its eyes.

I always feel… inadequate when I write battle scenes. They seem to lack speed and dynamism, as if things are happening separated instead as in a whole. I hope to improve on that, eventually, but I don’t really know any good battle scenes for reference.

Nonetheless, I still hope you have enjoyed this chapter, because despite not being a masterpiece, it is still fruit of my hard work. That, and please review, rate, comment and follow the story if you have been enjoying it so far~

See you tomorrow! Bye bye! ‘3’~♥

15