0 – Warmth
139 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It 's... cold.

 

All I can feel is cold…. My whole being feels cold, my mind feels cold... my soul feels cold…. All is cold….

 

Then... it isn’t.

 

It is replaced by warmth, something so strange for me at the moment, and at first, I wanted the cold back, that feeling was familiar to me, and I wanted it back.

 

But the cold never came back. 

 

The warmth is overwhelming, but comforting, soothing worries that I didn't even know I had, letting me know that whatever happens, it will always be there to support me, to guide me.

 

It gradually stays there, in my heart, and something happens.

 

A screen appears in front of me.

 

-

System Initiated.

 

Welcome.

-

 

It is strange.. not much is said, but somehow, I know that it will be important sooner or later. For what? I don’t know.

 

I wait with the warmth inside my heart, when the screen appears again.

 

-

Entity Analysed 

 

[Unlit Phoenix Egg]

 

Creating status page...

-

 

This... I know that I know something about this, but I simply can’t remember it... my memories seem... foggy. Like something made it blurry.

 

It comes back now, with more information than the other times.

 

-

Status:

 

Name: 

Race: [Unlit Phoenix Egg]

Level: 0

 

Stats:

 

Strength: 0 

Agility: 0 

Recovery: 5 

Mind: 3 

Will: 1 

Soul: 2 

 

Skills: 

 

Abilities: [Phoenix Egg], [Unlit Spark], [Elemental Potential], [Memories]

-

 

Status? I seem to remember something about it.. but.. not much. I know it is supposed to be a source of power, to be strong.

 

Sigh

 

And I know more now. I’m an egg. Eggs shouldn’t be able to think like I do, and I now know why.

 

[Memories]. An ability that is simply there. [Memories] of what? Another time? Life? World? A question that no one can answer, not even me, now.

 

Now that I know that I’m an egg, I only have to wait. Eggs are supposed to be born, aren't they? 

 

Wait, wait and wait. That's what I’m going to do.

….

 

After countless hours, I feel the cold is coming back.

 

I panic. I don’t want to separate from the warmth like this!

 

The flame in my heart ignites, fighting against the cold, to drive it off forever.

 

I embrace the warmth fully, all of its blazing glory keeping the cold away. As long as this flame is with me, I know that the cold will never come back.

 

The flame doesn’t stop after the cold is removed, no.

 

It ignites everything. The area around me, my body, my soul. I’m not worried, however. I know that it will never hurt me.

 

It blazes, higher and hotter, shattering this prison that I did not know I was in.

 

“Always and forever, I’ll stay with you.” 

 

The moment everything shatters, I hear this voice. It brings comfort into my heart, soothing my worries. I give in to the warmth, and the whole world fades away.

 

Something that I wrote, in free time.

 

I'm not a native english speaker, though, so errors are bound to happen. Nor do I plan for a fixed schedule to post this, for now it is more of an experiment.

 

Thanks for reading, either way!

edit: Maybe this will be monthly for now? I need to be sure, still.

7