Chapter III: The Hunter’s Palace
100 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

PART I

Before long, we have reached the mansion. I honestly could not believe the stamina of the maid. Still, I could see the fumes of aura surrounding her. With my head unsealed, I have my five senses back except for the sense of touch.

I could smell the scent of the little girl (hunter) from the other side of the door. I noticed the godly design of the door, the pattern seemingly woven by the gods that it made me nearly forget my objective of freedom.

I’m still chained in a ridiculous caterpillar way. The maid knocks on the door and the door opens. The little girl (hunter) wears the dress she had when she captu- kidnapped me, a sleeved white collared t-shirt with a bow string around the neck, over the shoulder is a linen cloth sleeve and a knee length skirt.

The worried look on her face catches me off guard for a second but nope. Realizing what I went through I went for the silent treatment. It’s because my face is riddled with punches that I can’t speak well.

“What took you-”

The maid went inside without replying to her own master and laid me and Aureus on the couch. And yes I am still in a restrained state. It’s a good thing that vampires can heal themselves naturally. But it’s not in an instant kind of healing. I can still feel the pain from the punches.

The little girl (hunter) noticed the state of the maid. She grabs the right hand of the maid and runs behind the stairs. My sealed self and stuff toy Aurus questioned their actions and took a wild guess.

After coming back, I can notice the maid blushing a little.

“Hey little girl, did you just ki-”

I was punched in the stomach before I could finish my sentence. I still took a hit even though I am protected (restrained) by chains, ridiculous.

The maid came back with a tea set. She poured the teapot on a cup and offered it to me “Have a cup of tea, Vampire-san”

“Thank you very much” I replied smiling with the cup of tea in front of me.

I silently stare at the cup of tea before me. A tea that I can't taste very well because of my species’ preferences.

The little girl (hunter) walked up to the window and stares off on the rising moon, the glow of the moonlight spread across the forest.

“Since you have witnessed that state of the maid. I’ll tell you about her and how you’ll deal with her if it happens again.” She said to me while facing the window.

“You mean I should ki-” the little girl (hunter) clenched her fists and the chains on me started to tighten. “Ow. Ow. Ow.”

The little girl (hunter) started talking about the maid’s life.

 

 

 

 

Part II

 

{The maid’s past}

 

There was once a mother and a father who will have a child. The mother carries the child in her womb. The father worked hard and took odd jobs in the community, it was hard for him but it didn’t faze his will for his future child. He worked day in and day out until he got appointed as a guard, finally he received a stable job for his family.

But an unfortunate accident occurred, it happened when he was guarding the town he’s in. A dragon roamed the skies and spread terror among the citizens, one of the citizens was a woman. The dragon was about to swallow the woman when a certain guard took the bite and got swallowed. The guard that did odd jobs for the citizens and a soon to be father is now in the belly of the dragon.

The dragon left as it had its fill but not for the ones left behind. It is a tragic event for the citizens for they know him as a good friend but it’s more tragic for the mother.

 

{Pause}

 

(“Shouldn’t the little girl be tired, she has been telling the story while watching the moon rise.”) I kept this thought to myself.

The little girl (hunter) continued telling the story in her seat across the restrained vampire.

(“…did she just heard me or.”)

The little girl (hunter) continues to speak.

(“It must be my imagination then.”)

 

{Play}

 

It was soon found out that the woman that the father saved is from a royal family. The royal family recognized his selfless sacrifice and took in the widowed pregnant mother. The royal family took care of the needs of the pregnant woman.

At the funeral of the father, the guard that protected the royal family member, his wife visited his deathbed and mourned for his sudden death. The mother didn’t know that it was a forbidden act to visit the funeral when one is carrying a baby in her womb.

But on the day of the child’s birth.

The child was a healthy female, nothing was wrong in her delivery. Her mother took a job in the royal palace as a maid. She was appointed as a maid to the one that father saved. The woman she served also had a baby in her womb. She has no grievances towards the woman of royal lineage. She took care of the soon to be mother just as they took care of them in the royal palace.

The daughter of the maid was fine until a mage who was visiting the royal palace noticed a spirit dwelling inside of her. The mother maid thought it could be her husband and she was right.

Through the mage’s observations the spirit doesn’t have an evil aura meaning it has no ill intentions. The spirit was acting like a guardian towards the maid’s daughter like how a loving father would do.

 

{End of the maid’s past}

 

 

"Little girl.." With doubt in my words I looked at her.

(“Does this mean that the daughter of that pregnant royal family is you?”) I thought to myself.

"What is it?" she asked while taking a sip of the tea.

I breathed, "Please relea--" " I refuse" the little girl instantly and horrendously replied.

The maid whispers to the little girl.

("What are they talking about?") the vampire thought.

"Ah, I see." The Little Girl looked at me with deep eyes.

(“Ah, I see what?”) I was deep in strange thoughts when the little girl (hunter) stood up.

"You have my deepest thanks." said the little girl (hunter).

"Release." With that word spoken by the little girl.

The chains loosen and became a dark green puddle on the carpet. My clothes are riddled with folds, truly the effect of the chains are too much.

 And the puddle splashed and formed into a crow. The crow walks up towards her and perched beside her seat.

("Where do you sell that? I want to buy one and use it on you")

I hear intense running footsteps from outside the room. *tap tap . Footsteps that are loudly terrifying. *tap tap tap. The shoes taps as it draws near and opens the door abruptly.

I thought of turning to look in the back and I thought ("I sense dange—") I saw a guy in a butler outfit. Fast approaching to where I sit. With his face full of joy and merry.

"Ojou-sama, you came back!!!" said by a butler as he hit the back of my head with his knee.

("At least see where you are running into!") my last thoughts before my eyes dimmed and I lose consciousness.

 

 

 

 

Part III

"Uhhhk" I held my face which have taken a hit from a knee. I remembered that the maid has some sort of stand powers and the next thing that happened are the stars appearing around the top of my head before the world turned dim.

The gentle maid had her thighs behind the back of my head. (“What a pleasant feeling I thought to myself.”) until the face of her ghost father put me in shock with the angered expression. I reacted in an instant and sat up. I can feel my head hurting a little and noticed the medical kit next to her.

It seems that she also treated my headache and bruises from the fight in the alleyway.

The maid stood, "Ah. Butler-kun. Please stop" said the gentle maid as she approaches the butler and the little girl (hunter).

"Ununnunnunu" said the butler as he presses his hugging arms towards the little girl (hunter). The butler is blocked by a barrier protecting the little girl.

She introduces the butler as how he is.

"This is the butler a servant of this palace." the butler continues the introduction "Loyal butler to this household and most especially to-" then he takes the hand of the little girl as if to kiss it.

The little girl denied the hand that was reaching for her. "Don't touch me." The little girl said.

"Uh" said the butler as he was taken aback from the denial. The butler didn’t give up and said "Let me take your hand, ojou-chan!!" the butler said as he lunges towards her.

The maid’s aura changed, fumes of smoke coming out of her. The maid moved in front of the little girl, the maid put her arm back and punched upward, upper cutting the butler up to the air. The butler hit through the ceiling, with a thud sound the butler is on the ground.

"Please restrain yourself, boy" 'the possessed maid said. The fumes dissipated and the maid returned to her gentle self. “What happened to you, butler-kun? Why are you on the ground?” the maid asking the butler. “Oh, I’m fine maid-chan. This is only a scratch” the butler shook it off.

"And she is my personal maid" "Maid-san" said the little girl.

The gentle maid gestured a bow.

And the vampire did a bowing pose as well ("Also thanks for hitting that butler")

After the formalities, the little girl (hunter) gestured the maid and butler to leave the room. “I’d like to stay guard. I don’t know if the vampire might pull up some trick to the little girl” the butler had his eyes drilling towards my direction.

The maid whispered to the butler. The butler had a pale face after hearing about the whispered message. He reluctantly went with the maid.

(“What the heck are they whispering about?”)

"Do you know why I brought you here?" asked the little girl (hunter).

(“…”)

“To be honest. I was under the impression that I’ll be a unique servant to this house.”

The little girl (hunter) looked at me with disgust.

0