Arc I: Chapter 8.5, Gathering, A Reason to Return
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We swung our swords side-by-side. "To think I referred to you with 'Lady', Tenshi." Yatori joking said.

"Well, I'm getting use to not being called 'Lady' and such in this country as well..." I took another practice swing into the air before pausing to talk. "It's nice not having to be all polite with others, Nobility and such was so complicated..." 

It was so stiff in the empire. If you spoke to a Noble who was of higher Class than you were without any courtesy, you would likely be defamed or looked down upon by others unless that particular Noble was understanding. That in mind caused everyone to speak extremely polite, and only the higher Class Nobles would be able to speak freely without much worry.

We went on and off about mindless chatter whilst swinging and moving. We did this straight for an hour before switching to a spar. Once again, I used the battered sword--?

"A Dark Magician..." Yatori--... I nodded; I figure I could tell Yatori since I showed my Dark Magic.

"I... well, I only learnt spells a while ago." I explained. I took it to myself show Yatori my Dissipation right now,

~~/~~

"Like this..." Ah, that landing was actually good... "I'm usually terrible at landing; but this is my only advantage for any combat." 

I Dissipated behind Yatori, who turned around to towards me. "Terrible at landing; you say..." He muttered... "... How about we focus on that; instead of using it without experiment, see how you can use first and build your techniques from there. That is how I learned from my Father." Yatori advised.

... Work on techniques and experiment, than advance it from there...

Yatori grabbed his sword, the Black Blade. "While we're at it, I would also like to try dueling someone who can seemingly teleport; so, practice perfecting your Dark Magic." 

I nod, "Got it." I replied, 

So Yatori spent his time swinging his sword, and I spent my time just perfecting my Dissipation.

 

-----

 

"Yatori, is this how you teach a girl...?" Eh... His father--, "I will take over training Lady Shinjii, you should still develop your own skills!" 

I... could only nod... "... I--, eh, thank you Fathe--, Mister Takohiro!" I... it was still confused to call him Takohiro, the name Kiko said, or if I should call him Father... 

"Thank you Lady Shinjii, but my son still doesn't know how to treat girls and women." Takohiro harshly remarked to Yatori...

Yatori simply just shrugged it off... I had a feeling this interaction between the two was a common occurance.

I looked at the door which opened slightly and saw Kiko--, ah, Mother and a girl... 

Yatori leaned next to me upon seeing me look at the door, "My sister would be Mahiru, Mahiru Asashi." Mahiru... I waved at Mother and Mahiru...

"Come invite your sister Dear, let's enjoy dinner together." Mother--?... Dinner... A family dinner together...?

I... never remembered a time I ate together with Kou and my older brother... "Of course!" It felt like a dream... 

... Maybe I should make a reason as to why I should return, always...

1