Spell Directory: The Endless Light
44 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is not a dedicated chapter for story purpose, take this as an additional service to list all the current spells (And unique spells). Refer to my glossary for the basic info on Magic and Spell types. Adding on this, I will separate each spell into their best-defined category.

Common Spells:

Bombardment Spells:

Bombardment Class:

Fireball:

Fireballs are the basic of all Bombardment Spells, as mastering Fire and Wind Magic (Wind Magic especially) is the centerpiece of all Bombardment Spells. 

Fireballs vary in strength depending on how much Magic one inputs into the spell. At max, most Standard Magicians can cast about 5 Fireballs in around a minute before requiring a 3 hour rest to recover. Due to the simplicity of Fireballs, the power when they explode is a undirected-spherical explosion with relatively weak force. Fireballs have little mass in them, so even massive Fireballs must rely on explosive damage and shock. 

Usually there are many ways Fireballs are casted. Some are casted to be as powerful as they can be, to break weak Defensive Spells. Others usually cast many small-scale Fireballs in a massive barrage to stun people in a blaze of fire.

Meteor:

The evolution of Fireball is Meteor. In essence, it is a Fireball spell casted onto material, than launched at high speeds.

Due to the increase in mass, this spell is more akin to Wind Magic launching a burning object. A careful balance must be achieved to not extinguish the flames of the burning object. The power of such a spell relies more on the mass of the projected object and the amount of Magic Magicians put into casting this spell. Usually burning wood is used as projectiles, though masses of coal and rocks covered with oils are often used. Due to the mass of some objects, some Meteor spells often pierce Defensive Spells at reduced power.

While siege-engines can replicate this form of Bombardment well (And sometimes better), Magicians with materials casting Meteor allows for creating quick sieges without the construction of dedicated siege-engines. While most Magicians can be out performed by siege-engines, Court Magicians and higher easily shame most siege-engines with massive scale-attacks. 

Flame Lance:

Flame Lances are straight-columns of flames launched at extreme speeds. Flame Lances are an High-Level Bombardment Spell.

Similar to Fireballs, they create explosions, though their explosion is more directional compared to Fireballs. Due to the slight complexity of Flame Lances, they require finer control of Magic to redirect Fire Magic into a tightly-packed projectile of flame. Flame Lances are a favorite of many, even Standard Magicians (Though Flame Lances are often the final-resort for such).

Due to the linear dense-packing of this spell, Flame Lances hold much more power than one might think from their small appearance. Magicians favor Flame Lances due to their much faster travel speed than Fireballs.

Frost-Bomb

A relatively rare form of Bombardment. While it is a High-Level Bombardment Spell, it is unique in the form that it creates physical shards of ice upon exploding.

Unlike most spells, Frost-Bombs are extremely dependent on sequencing. Upon shattering upon impact, an explosion sends out shards of ice out. Also unlike most ball-type spells, Frost-Bomb's are a mix of all Magic Types. A tightly-packed sac of air with a small flame surrounded by frozen water is launched by frozen wind at high speeds. The force a High-Magician can create with launching a Frost-Bomb can be incredibly devastating, especially if the structural collapses of the Frost-Bomb occurs after piercing a target.

Frost-Bombs are incredibly complex to most High Magicians, but those who can master the sequence of Magic can easily master a spell surpasing even the Flame Lance in power. Unlike Flame Lances which are pure-Magic attacks, Frost-Bombs are a physical attack that can pierce Defensive Spells created to stop pure-Magic spells.

Siege Class:

Solar Bombardment:

Solar Bombardment is the pinnacle of all Bombardment Spells. It is a Court-Level Bombardment Spell.

Solar Bombardment is an application of Flame Lance with Fireballs. Densely packed Fireballs with immense power skillfully made to direct their blast. The difference in Solar Bombardment and Fireballs is that Solar Bombardments is an application that replicates the casting procedures. Solar Bombardments can number in hundreds with masses of Standard Magicians and High Magicians joined together. 

While Fireballs are often used as individual Bombardment, Solar Bombardments are the dedicated, focused version of Fireballs meant to directly engage dedicated Defensive Domes. If a Defensive Dome is broken with Solar Bombardment, the results are disturbingly devastating. 

Defensive Spell:

Dome Type:

Wind Dome:

Wind Dome is a simple Defensive Dome Type spell that embodies what Dome Type spells are. 

Wind Dome covers the entirety of set area depending on the amount of Magic input by the main castor. The strength of a Wind Dome is also influenced by the amount of Magic, with Magicians being able to adjust size and strength of the dome. While this type of spell is very capable of stopping Fireballs and Flame Lances along with other spells with low mass (As well as arrows with enough strength on the dome), heavier projectiles will simply pass through Wind Domes.

Dome Type spells are, for the most part, entirely useless for individuals. Though with a team of Magicians and enough Magic, a protective dome that can stop all can be formed.

Barrier Type:

Barrier:

Barrier is, quite simply, a barrier of wind, and is the basis of all Barrier Type spells.

Barrier is the creation of high-speed winds launched in a particular direction to explode and stop projectiles. High Magicians can easily cast Barriers that are condensed areas of air that can stop even a Flame Lance's directional blast. While Barrier is quite effective, even to Standard Magicians, the precision and timing of casting Barrier is the gap between a skilled Magician and a rear-line Bombardment Magician.

Barrier Type spells are, without the doubt, the most important spell after Bombardment Spells. Barrier Type spells can easily stop even non-Magic projectiles.

Combat Spells:

Aurora Shard, Spear, and Lance:

The Aurora family of spells is a is used by Magicians in frontal-combat; most commonly used by Holy Kingdom Magicians. A shard of ice of varying degrees of size is launched in a physical strike.

While it is quite difficult to classify the Aurora Spells, Aurora Shards are usually casted in unison with multiple other Aurora Shards, usually creating a storm of ice. Aurora Spears and Lances are usually heavier pieces of sharp ice launched at fast speeds, though thick plate armor and shields can protect regular soldiers from these physical attacks. The use of these spells is that these spells can usually ignore Defensive Spells due to the speed of the launched projectiles. While these spells can be launched like Bombardment Spells, too much time in flight can melt the ice projectiles.

Ice was always a deadly weapon; sharp like glass and easy to form. Even if it shatters, high-speed fragments of ice can fatally wound even the most powerful of Magicians that underestimate their opponents.

Wind Blade:

The Wind Blade is a High-Level Combat Spell. It is a spell that shoots out compressed air at high speeds that can slice objects.

Wind Blades are quite rare, as Wind Blades have few advantages over other High-Level spells. The blade itself is almost invisible to the eye. Wind Blades lack power to effectively penetrate heavy-plate armor, but light armor is usually always penetrated by Wind Blades in a direct hit. Most Defensive Spells can usually deflect Wind Blades, but due to the hard-to-see nature of Wind Blades, Wind Blades have massive advantages in Magician Duels.

Wind was the first weaponized Magic. Seeing disasters my nature and the devestation, humanity tried replicating such disasters. Of course nature surpassed all of humanity - no one could replicate nature except god. Even though with powers of thousands could never match the total power and scale of nature.

 

Signal Spells:

Solar Flare:

Solar Flares is a application of Fireballs to burn and fizzle, as well as naturally float in the air. Solar Flares are often used for communications as well as illuminating areas with the bright light.

Solar Flares is a Fireball with different composition to burn and fizzle out rather than explode. While Solar Flares are considered a Signal Spell, there have been uses of Solar Flares as Bombardment and Combat Spells. Second to Signaling, Solar Flares are used in specific Bombardments in a different composition; Solar Ball which descends rather than floats in the air. Solar Flares, even to Standard Magicians, are easy to create and easy to make last minutes for illuminating an area in a night battle.

Solar Flares were the eventual evolution to the Fireball Spell. Torches and lighting fire-signals with wood proved slow and hard to detect, so the need for a easy to ready signal and illumination tool was required. The only problem with the use of Solar Flares was revealing your position to your enemy.

Dark Magic:

Interference Spells (Location Interference):

Warp:

Warp is one of the most basic Dark Magic spells... though despite being a basic spell, it is almost unusable to the majority of people who hold Dark Magic.

Warp is a spell that allows one to change one's or something's location. While it can change the location of an object that isn't oneself, doing such requires extreme skill, precision, and nature power as a Dark Magician. The spell Warp is almost instantaneous - some Dark Magicians can see a slight void when they see something Warp -, though a set location is required. Depending on the skill and power of a Dark Magician, Warp can be either extremely disorientating - to the point of being impractical -, or simply be an additional small task one performs (Though this is usually only for extremely gifted and skilled Dark Magicians). Warp spells also keep the momentum one has when casted, allowing for heavy strikes with small spaces.

Warp was the first of many Dark Magic spells to be discovered. An ancient Grimoire from a cave in the lands of the Holy Kingdom of Astera started the origin, knowledge, and interest in Dark Magic.

Portal:

Portal is a Dark Magic spell that defies most people's realities.

Portal opens the location of two separate areas in a massive 'tear in reality'. In this 'tear', objects, and even Magic, can travel between two locations in an instant. While such a spell does exist, and has been used by some in the past, there are few, if any who can cast a spell like Portal. Due to the 'tear in reality' that Portal creates, if something is split between two locations and the Portal breaks, the Portal will absorb whatever is in the portal.

Portals fracture what 'we' know as reality. To be trapped inside a Portal is to be trapped inside the reality between worlds.

Interference Spells (Material Interference):

Unique Spells & Skills:

Tenshi T̡̻̫͋̌̕ď͕T̝͙̓͋ẽ̲̦̙̇̏e̤̊ ̪̽n̩͆ḑ̡͌͢͠͝n͎͚͚̾̒͂i̢͈̮̎̒͡ ͊'̫̭̊͑̕͜T̛̮̯̬̀̇d̹͓̔̑T̞̃ĩ̡͉̳̓̇'̳̚ì͢:

Dissipate:

Dissipate is a unique spell that allows for the instant locational transfer from one area to another.

While Dissipation is slightly slower than Warp, the fragments from Dissipation will aggressively defend the Dissipating starting location. It is the same for the end location. Dissipation also does not burden a user like Warp. 

Uniquely Dissipation will usually always Dissipate one in the air; so quick legs and being able to land is required. 

To break oneself from the harsh reality, to dissipate into an endless stream of Fragments.

Distortion Field:

Distortion Field is a unique spell that distorts the reality of the world. 

Distortion Field, as observed, is a spell that completely disrupts the flow and linking of normal Magic. Spells, and the Magic Links from Magicians are broken within the field, though Dark Magic can still be used within the field.

Oddly enough, within the Distortion Field, fragments will act much more aggressively than normal. The Distortion Field also negates outside explosives completely, like a unbreakable Defensive Dome spell, though physical non-magic projectiles can still pass through the Distortion Field.

A distortion of reality into the pure clean reality, a reality before everything was known, a reality where there existed only conflict, peace, dark, and light.

 

Announcement
This page will constantly be in work, as new spells and ideas come in mind. There may also be countless spells in here that may not appear in the story, but think of it as a way to explain and give more diversity to this world's setting.
0