Arc I: Chapter 19.5, Halls of Angels
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A loud crackling sound--? I looked out and saw... "Huh... Tenshi, are you okay!?" I yelled over the window as I looked back. I desperately tried to quickly open the door to my right and run to Tenshi. Helmsmen got off his horse--...

Tenshi... her eyes... She... got off her horse... "... Hikari...?" She spoke... a unfamiliar name. Was Tenshi asking me...? I... slowly walked forward; Tenshi reached her hand out to me... it... Felt empty...

"Um..." Wait--what should I do? "... I'm... Kou...?" I--what came out of me...?

"... oh, I must have mistaken you for someone, feelings of attachment... Apologizes Kou..." Why did Tenshi sound so... sad--empty, what could I say to describe Tenshi?

I looked back, huh? "Tenshi, how are you?" Helmsmen asked Tenshi... Tenshi's dark purple - no, dark violet eyes - completely changed how she looked. Tenshi's soft, calm, caring light grey eyes turned into a mystical beautiful eyes.

"... Tenshi... ah, me..." What--did she forget herself? "... I am fine, were we going into that castle? If so, apologizes for interrupting..." I... was so concerned for Tenshi...

"I can't say much - her eyes seem very unnatural -, but I don't sense anything strange from Magic or anything, so we can only trust her words." Helmsmen said. He let go of me and got back onto his horse...

I slowly walked towards Tenshi, before reaching my hands out... I took Tenshi in a selfish embrace... "... Please, Tenshi, tell me if you're struggling with anything." I... decided to let her go... I couldn't feel anything; unlike that strange feeling of connection when I am with Asashio or Aikito, or even Helmsmen. Tenshi never had that strange connection... she felt seemingly empty...

I... wanted to do something, but we could only move onward. The carriage I rode in stopped and parked. We got off and followed the Holy Knight who drove the carriage.

"Asashio of the Wind; I leave the rest to you. I'll keep your escort in company." The Holy Knight... Helmsmen...?

... ... ... I... still had Tenshi... ... ...

Asashio... she took a deep breath. "We will be crossing the Halls of Angels, Tenshi, Kou, take in the sights both you." Halls of Angels...? I... followed Asashio as she walked forward in front... 

... this white castle... Wait--? What are those...

"Here is the Halls of Angels! It is rumored that all these Angels were ones that existed and protected this world." The glass pictures... A girl in a pure-gold dress, another in a silver dress. There were countless girls who wore elegant, holy looking dresses... but... but... one...

... a girl with black hair... a black dress... standing above all the angels in the work of glasses... Next to her stood a cloaked figure in a golden robe, I couldn't tell if it was a woman or girl with how it was portrayed...

"... That girl there..." Tenshi--?... she pointed to... that black dressed girl at the top of everything... "... no; never mind..." Huh...? That... Tenshi seemed so unlike herself... I looked at her now violet eyes... Her violet eyes didn't have much of a glow, it seemed more like violet dead eyes...

We slowly approached a two s we kept walking forward. In front of us were two doors, The four of us stood here together... I looked at both the doors... one had uniquely carved special characters, almost like spells imbued into the door. The other... was a simple pure-golden door that looked as though a wall, almost like there was nothing behind it. In front between the doors was a elegantly designed arch and mirror.

"Come through with me to the right door Kou, Tenshi." Asashio said as she opened--,

A... gorgeous, beautiful woman with golden hair came out of the left door. A white dress and a large floating golden ring floated behind her, along with a faint radiant golden glow... "An... angel...?" I... couldn't believe my eyes... She looked similar to one of those girls on the glass works... "Hell--..." I... felt overwhelmed by her... Such a graceful presence...

"Hello Asashio of the Wind; if possible, may I speak with that one there?" The golden woman spoke, and a golden--? A single golden shard circled around Tenshi...?

... I... who was this woman? 

Asashio stood forward... "Why--, no... Who are you?" Someone... Someone even Asashio doesn't know?

"Of course, my name is Pristina Yggdrasil, the Authority of the Apostle's Will. Sensing you with that girl, I sense it is fine for you to know me." Pristina made a gentle bow, her... Authority of the Apostle's Will?

Huh--? Why... I... followed Asashio and Aikito who kneeled down...

"I am sorry, forgive me Yggdrasil... For me to question the Authority of the Apostle..." Asashio--? And, why use her surname?

"No need to ask for forgiveness child. I will speak with her while you bring your friends to the Holy Magician, Asashio of the Wind." Pristina gently moved Tenshi into the room to the right. Looking into it, I saw nothing... A bright-white light blocked the room as they entered... 

1