Arc I: Chapter 21, The Apostle, and the Truth
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" | -Fukumoto- | | -Fukkatsu- | ." Huh--...? I... looked, isn't this the...? "Greetings, Grievous Lady... Is there a reason you brought her, Golden Angel?" I looked up to... see... Functionally, | Restore | and | Revive |

"Of course Apostle... The Grievous Lady wishes to learn answers; she cannot naturally think or learn about herself so she ask if it is possible for her to know anything... I could not think of anything that would be safe for the Grievous Lady to do other than seek your guidance, Apostle." Pristina... Is this her when she is formal? She sounds so... proper and lady like...

The... Apostle who donned a pure-black cloak held his chin... "... I see... I can only do so much, but if possible, may I concur this conversation with me and the Grievous Lady?" Instantly Pristina nodded and bowed before leaving. A loud deep, echoing voice that I couldn't make out... I could only say an unmarked gender, Apostle...

... ... ... I... the link from the Apostle felt so powerful, how could one be this strong?... ... ...

"Seeing you with the Gold Angel's dress is quite a sight; though I would like to know what name do you go by now, Grievous Lady?" The Apostle asked.

"My name is Shinjii Tenshi." I introduced myself with my name with a courteous bow. 

The Apostle... looked displeased... "... that is the name you go by now, Grievous Lady..." A mutter just loud enough for me to hear came from it... "What did you wish to ask me Grievous Lady? Request whatever is on your mind; your defensive seal won't break in this room as long as I persist here." Ah... that's more... reassuring...

"... Why--, no... Why am I so special? And... why am I referred to by you and... Yggdrasil as the Grievous Lady?" I felt a little light headed as I said that... 

... "... The Grievous Lady..." ... The... Why did the Apostle go silent... "I suppose if it's the Grievous Lady instead of explaining you, the temporary seal won't break..." Huh, what did he mean by that? "The Grievous Lady is the first - and flawed - creation of mine's. Creating a being who could kill and inflict pain with every strike from the misery inside the Dark Fragments..." The Apostle's creation? 

One thing besides what I am being a creation caught my ears. "... What.... are these Dark Fragments...? You mentioned misery in them, what are they?" I decided to ask something I thought to be important...

... I knew the truth of these shards would hurt... "These Fragments, and those of the Dark, are the memories of people. Emotions and Magic - and people's life force which are both connected - are closely connected, and the emotions in these people influence the power of Dark Fragments. Your Fragments, when struck at people, strike at the life of people. As much as it hurts to say, some people have much more power and life in them than others." I... "The very pain and misery of the people you kill, you weaponize in your Dark Fragments. In regards to us Apostle, Dark Fragments revert everything they hit into their original form; the void... and our world just happens to be the dumping ground for most of the Dark Fragments in our cluster of worlds." I... could only stay shocked--...

... My shards--... No, Dark Fragments, they strike at someone's life? They are the misery, pain, any strong negative emotion; all of it condensed into a small shard-looking Fragment? And... why is our world filled with Dark Fragments? And what did he mean by that...?

"The Grievous Lady is the only being who controls all Dark Fragments with absolute power; though the seal that binds you prevents you from using the collected shards of the Grievous Lady. All your Fragments are those you collected from your experience." The Apostle explained--? Huh? "... Observing you this entire time, clearly you need time to process this... Speak to me again during your stay for anything you would like to know." Huh--? A... small black gem appeared on my palm. I looked at it--? "Imprinted on it should be the information allowing you to Dissipate pass barriers. More specifically, this adjustment will allow only those with enough Dark Magic to pass all Obstructions to a set location." 

Huh... Obstructions...? "What do you mean by Obstructions?" I couldn't think of spells that had qualities like that...

"Oh, of course; just think of it as the key to let you speak with me." The Apostle said...

... Were.... we done speaking...? 

... I started to walk--, no, wait... There was still something on my mind I wanted to know...

"How... I remember Pristina said you would give me answers on how to find the truth of myself; how do I do it with this seal on me?" I... remember this was the reason I was here.

"..." Did... No, perhaps I was asking too much. Such a silly idea--it was impossibl--, "Die, but before you do you must find inherit a Dark Crimson Fragment. When you do, come to me and I will explain what to do." Die... die...? "Of course that is if you wish to find the truth; whoever sealed you was clearly a much higher power than even I. If you don't find the truth, you can still live out a normal, enjoyable life as the Grievous Lady - probably." I... clearly he was hinting that even if I didn't try to seek the truth... I would still live a life where I feel unfulfilled. 

... I took it in one more time... To progress with my mystery, I had to die... No doubt, I had to die... That seems like a joke, like, how could I learn about myself if I die?

"Do you perhaps know about the other use of Dark Magic, besides spells that use Location Interference?" I shook my head... "Killing someone of high power; Dark or normal Magic, should provide you with a Dark Crimson Fragment. You could kill any of your friends; they all hold great power. Or anyone else you sense power from." Killing... "Killing...? Isn't that your purpose? I understand, it is inhumane, but a Dark Crimson Fragment is required. Besides--, that is the goal of all the Grievous Lady's, the Truth." 

... I started to understand, of course... the powers of who I am, the Grievous Lady, had to rely on killing and misery. 

"... Understood..." 

1