Arc I: Chapter 30.5, Night of Training
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Our second night of training quickly had another guest--, or... instructor.

"Keep practicing these basic swings Kou." The inspection from Yatori was soft--, way softer than my own. In fact, Kou was progressing in a normal way from basics to everything... unlike me who stepped head-first into sparring Yatori and losing countless times. I felt a little envious, but... Well, Kou was young and I didn't ask for anything like basic practice.

As for what I was doing... my curious, innovative heart couldn't do nothing and I felt bored doing endless swinging, so I just experimented with my current skills. Dissipation speed and the time I could do so was my current training. 

... Slash, Dissipate, slash again, and Dissipate quickly... Dissipate, slash, Dissipate...

I could manage to do something inhuman by now, perform multiple slashes within the span of a second. Perhaps such a feat would be possible with Wind Magic Spells accelerating body speeds with winds, but my actions were beyond normal human abilities. With Dissipation, preparing a thought or instruction to do an action before Dissipating seemed to allow me to appear out doing it, so the time I had left me more training how quickly I could intake information and tell myself to do things. 

... in fact, at a certain point, I felt like I was splitting myself half's... I felt like I could perhaps phase through objects that passed through my body, though... I was not going to test that out. 

I also tried doing Warp's. It was similiar and felt like it could allow for much faster actions, but the fact that it warped your current self to an area felt limiting. Testing Warp with Dissipation created... a masterpiece, if I so proudly say. I felt as though my perception of time increased a little as I managed to do even more inhuman actions, such as channeling 9 slashes in about 2 seconds. I still had no concrete way of knowing how viable doing any of this was in a combat situation, but distance closing and back strikes were now something I could do with ease. 

I eventually got bored of doing slashes with Dissipations, so I tested my abilities using my numerous Fragments. So far everyone I've fought was close to non-armored, but fighting against armored-knights would be a new area for me. I knew my Fragments struck at people's life force, or whatever it was, and that they also reverted everything to... it's natural state, though that was about it. I struck my Fragments precisely at a piece of broken brick. 

"No--... way..." A... dark pure-black sand like material formed slowly as my Fragments struck at the brick. It spread slowly until the brick was nothing but black-sand, and the surrounding dirt nearby started turning as well... I--, started imagining what would happen if I struck at an armored knight. Disintegrating armor into sand... 

I touched the sand--, nothing... It was fine grains of black-sand like material. I figured I could probably touch it since I was a Grievous Lady, so I dared no else touch it... Not that I would know it wasn't or was dangerous.

After waiting for a bit, I found Yatori with a tired Kou panting heavily covered in sweat... His eyes were glued onto--... "Kou..." I muttered--, the clothes she picked were utterly inappropriate for something training. Her white dress clung unto her skin, not to mention it was starting to look more like alluring clothing to empathize her petite figure... "Yatori, turns up, spar now." I demanded, as his eyes turned to me...

Me and Yatori prepared for another spar this time... This time, I will win, this time, I will pull everything I have. My experience in combat, and my experimentations just now.

 

... as it turned out, I quickly progressed beyond even his skills without Magic... My sword skills were still inferior, though my technique and ability was without a doubt my trump card. Though Yatori managed a close fight as many of my techniques were still very unrefined and unsuited for combat use for the time being. More precision would be needed on Dissipation, and my slashes held little power behind them so blocking them was easy. I was still within human perception, though not on human-reaction, as Yatori was forced to dodge basing on my lack of ability to chase. 

Of course against someone who doesn't know my Dissipation ability and someone who cannot predict my location of Dissipation, I would easily prevail against them.

0