Arc I: Chapter 32, Mapping into Kalian
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I didn't have a fixed time frame, but going to Denmorr was going to be a few days of travel. One day if I maintained my extreme speed with pre-casting of Dissipation, and three days at best speed with rest. . I never been to Denmorr, much less the Kingdom Tendorr, so I spent today looking at maps to see how to get to Denmorr, and the closest place to Denmorr I've been to. 

"Eh? How are you here?" A familiar voice--, Asashio. I turned to see her and Aikito together.

"Teleportation." I replied... which was a half lie and half truth. I returned my gaze to the map, with planning my route.

... ... ...

"Denmorr...? Do you have something in the Tendorr Kingdom you need to do?" Asashio, who walked next to me, asked.

"Yes, I was given a--..." How should I explain this, especially to the Successor itself?... "Task to explore an ancient place by someone..." That should work... Invasion Gates, it's ancient-sounding and probably looking enough, right...?

Asashio--?... What's with the gasp? "I was suddenly told by someone that someone would be taking over my place to go to Denmorr a few minutes ago, was... it you who took my place?" Huh...?

My main question I wanted to ask was how the Apostle gave out orders. Perhaps it was something the Holy Asterian Family held, a way to communicate with the Apostle, or perhaps Pristina simply forward what the Apostle said. 

"What's with the maps though Tenshi? Aren't you going by carriage?" Asashio asked me, driving my eyes away from the map. Asashio sat next to me whilst Aikito walked around the library.

I shook my head, "No, I'm seeing where I can Diss--, teleport closest to." I explained pointing the northern town of Kalian in Astera. "From there, if I maintain my speed with my teleportation, I could get to Denmorr within a day." I explained. 

I did leave out the fact that I would need to maintain a fast speed with how fast I can Dissipate now, which I doubt I could be able to do. Though I would still be able to travel to Denmorr within three days if I travel with a steady pace. 

"That's..." Asashio gave a look of utter surprise. "That's... fast." She replied.

I couldn't say anything against that... "Well--, that's a generous estimate. I put it more at three days." I explained, drawing imaginary lines on the map to Denmorr. 

Part of my speed even in my three-day path was the requirement not to travel through roads. As long as there were no traversable obstacles like mountains or lakes, I could travel through it. The topography of the area showed nothing significant - in fact nothing besides a massive prairie which I found to be common with the northern part of the Holy Kingdom that stretches west north of the Kawachi Empire. 

"Anyways--..." I suddenly thought of something... "I was told to help a mercenary group, though why would they send someone of your strength or mine's to go?" Why would someone this powerful be needed? A Second Rank Mercenary group should be able to match a medium-sized bandit group without trouble, yet... Bringing a Succ--, wait, Asashio isn't one yet--, a Court Magician or me should be overkill, right...? Unless the Apostle knew something I didn't...?

"... Apostle...?" Ah, was I speaking my thoughts? 

"Ahem--, anyways, it is certainly odd. Though Asashio, could you or Aikito train Kou on Magic?" I switched the topic to advert my thoughtless speaking earlier. "I have... Someone I know training her on swordsmanship, but I want her to learn Advanced Magic and Spells, so if possible, I request that of you." I explained to Asashio.

"Of course! I could never miss an opportunity to teach Kou, she's such a good learner and listener." Hah, approval right away. Of course, Asashio would never let down an opportunity like that.

I went back to the map on the table and started plotting rest points and key markers I would need to stay on. With my abilities, anywhere and everywhere was a rest point, with my capabilities of Dissipating back home anytime I want and returning where I was. 

 

----- 

 

I decided to start today around the evening... Well, it was more scouting around Kalian, though it was still a start. 

Kalian, last I remembered, was a small town where Roy went to often, for some reason... Well, some reason I don't know, but probably an important reason. Walking around in the comforting, familiar black dress felt comforting for me.

"Kalian... really did change..." It seemed as though this town now grew into a small city, and making my keen observations I could see a number of Holy Kingdom soldiers. Most likely this town became a garrison for troops to stay at, thus growing the town... 

I walked over to the northern edge of the town and looked onward onto the endless green. South of here, or south of the town would be a light forest. 

"Let's go..." I told myself as I Dissipated myself as far as I could see.

0