Arc I: Chapter 37, Into the Ruined City
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

... Ever since we arrived to the perimeter of the Invasion Gates, I... it was unsettling--... My normal sense of detection was ruined, and my Dark Magic link felt broken. There were spouts of what seemed like something, where there was nothing, and there were places that I felt... repulsed from...

"It--..." I looked towards the ruins... "No, it's more like there is something there that feels... Repulsive--, though..." I looked at everyone else here. "It may just be me though--, as I am not a normal person." I decided to take a deep breath--, it was only me who felt this way - probably -, nothing else. I fell down and sat on the log in front of my tent--, though I didn't know if I would stay in my tent tonight. 

... ... ...

"Hey--..." I turned my head up to see him come over to my area, which was separated from his group - even the women of his groups. "When we arrived this evening, you were looked... stiff--, and Helmsmen asked me or for me to allow him to check up on you." Aether sat next to me... "What's wrong?" 

Should--... I?... Ah, no point in not, nothing to lose at this point. "No, it's more like--..." Err--, I'll need to explain to Aether about Dark Magic and it's similarities to Magic link. 

I explained how my Dark Magic worked in a simple way, that it was simply how they could link and scout opponents with their Magic Potential. 

After explaining, I turned to look at the ruins. "And--... this place is--... In the opposite way Magic and Dark Magic link to those with similar powers, this place feels repulsive - and my ability to sense Dark Magic is... broken here." I told Aether. 

"Oh..." Aether muttered... silently... Silently we stayed, and thought. "Never in the history of Magic has there been such a thing as a repulsive aura or feel, it was always a link between those with power." 

... Never--... huh. "Then--, when you enter, please listen to my advice." I told Aether.

 

 

 

----- ----- ----- 

 

 

 

We all gathered outside the ruins, with Aether in front of us. "Before we go--, I want to tell everyone the dangers of this ruins." I knew what he was going to say, so I hazily looked at the ruins behind Aether... "I will still give orders, but all our actions will be influenced by what Tenshi says--, for our safety." 

Everyone except Helmsmen and Aether looked at me... Err--, I put some distance between me and the group of women, and Rudel. "Thank you Aether--, I will do my best to keep everyone her safe, so please stick with me for the time being." I finished my speech with a small courteous bow.

I didn't expect anything much, so I walked back into the group as they started going inside... My discomfort, only for me to know alone.

We entered from the North East area of this... massive ruin. Even though it was called the Invasion Gates, it seemed more like a fortress rather than anything else. So we were really just entering into the fortress's wall. It was best to call it a walled city with a large-defensive structure in the far distance with the grey looking black stone the walls were made of. Besides that, the ruins looked like... a normal city, mostly. 

"Is there anything around here?" Aether asked--, "Ah, err, nevermind." Before retracting his statement upon probably remembering my words. 

"Nothing." Upon my quick scan through my eyes, I saw nothing of note. I was as normal as they were in terms of my detection skill in seeing aside from my odd ability to see during the dark. 

There would be nothing here... Probably--, no one wanted to station themselves here due to the so called ominous nature these ancient--, or Otherworldly Ruins had. People rumored about the bad luck and terrible aura sticking to people and bringing the aura and luck back with them. 

Helmsmen in front of us stopped... "A Magic Link." Aether quickly told the group behind us. 

"Huh--, it doesn't stop your senses?" I wondered why... "Can you track or pinpoint where it is?" I asked. I could make conclusions on this area later, for now I needed to ensure nothing harmful was near. 

"A few hundred of meters to the right, this direction." Aether fired a small ball of water towards the direction. "Could you scout Katherine?" Aether said.

"Eh--, Yes Captain." She, the girl with light red hair wearing light practical clothing armed with a short sword replied.

"Thank you Katherine, I want us to start taking formation and protecting our commissioners." The two other remaining women started moving, watching our rears. Helmsmen and Rudel both went to the opposing flanks and Aether took the front... alone.

I was given special privilege to do as I pleased, as long as I didn't interfere with Aether's party by... Aether, so I tailed Katherine. I wanted to see what exactly gave out that Magic link to Helmsmen and Aether. 

"Uh, err--... Can I ask why you are following me?" Katherine spotted me quickly--, though to be fair I wasn't even trying to hide. 

"No reason." I kept walking closer, and she kept keeping the distance... We held a 3 meter separation area between us. With enough time, Katherine gave a large audible sigh.

"Fine--, but please don't interfere with my work. I need to prove myself." Huh... Okay.

Prove herself... I guess I understand.

0