Arc I: Chapter 39, Commissioner’s Decision
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I quickly found Helmsmen, Rudel, and Aether all together towards a certain direction... talking between themselves... I snuck into their conversation, "Greetings Tenshi." Helmsmen naturally knew me well as he slightly glanced to the side, and saw me. 

"Greetings--... Ah, hello." My formalities almost kicked in naturally... 

"It's fine if you're formal or polite, my trust in your skills goes past our dislike of Nobles." Aether said... much to my comfort. 

A large sigh of relief came to me... "I would like to give you a report to what I encountered." I then explained everything in my encounter of it. I knew what it was, but I had to exclude many details such as an otherworldly being. 

In the report, I told them that it was a being capable of using Magical attacks, whilst being agile with strong physical abilities, as well as having Dark Magic. I also told them it's apparent resistance towards my own almost-unique attacks. 

"Huh..." Aether muttered as I concluded my report... He turned back towards the direction of the stone fortress. "Then--, we have a few problems, as I already sense two more of those type of monsters if we are heading to where the Commissioners say we should go." 

Two more, huh...? I could probably destroy them, but I honestly had no confidence in that. In fact, I didn't even know why that Fragment worked whilst the others didn't. Was it perhaps something like whatever the Apostle said, like a Crimson Dark Fragment? Whatever it was, I didn't have any idea what it was and how it was different... 

"How did you kill it?" Rudel asked after listening in to my report.

Err--... A lie or the truth was my only option... 

"With enough time, I eventually withered it away through my attacks. They were ineffective, but I could do something." I explained... in a half-lie and half-truth.

"Understandable, I suppose that is why you were found with such injuries..." Aether uttered... "Though--..." A deep stare at me, myself came from him... "Is healing apart of Dark Magic?" Ah, yes...

"No, it is--... something unique to me." I told him... What else should I add--, ah, yes, "As someone close to the Apostle, I am given abilities that surpasses people." I jokingly said in a serious manner... It probably had some sense of truth to it, but they and I wouldn't know.

"Makes sense..." Aether's questioning stopped there... 

"And--, I would like to request that everyone rest. I can be your night watch person." I told Aether.

Of course no one argued with me. 

 

----- 

 

"Good morning--..." I greeted them without a wince of sleep... 

"Good morning Tenshi..." The first one awake was Katherine. Looking at her and her hair really made me laugh inside a little, even now... "You--... look terrible, did you rest at all!?" Ugh--, her yelling...

"No." I replied... "I'll rest when we have time--?!" Oww--? A sudden... slap came to my face... 

"Ugh--, go rest, even if it is just laying down." Eh--... I... wanted to argue, but... Looking at Katherine, I felt no urge to argue with her.

I let out a sigh of surrender... "Alright, but wake me when everyone starts packing." I told her--, though I had a feeling she wouldn't listen to my instructions. 

 

... ... ...

... ... ...

... ... ...

----- ----- -----

... ... ...

... ... ...

... ... ...

 

Grr--, I overslept, didn't I? I forced myself up from my napping seat and looked around, everyone was already taking their tents and packing up. I went to go find her to... Well--, I suppose she probably did so in an attempt to let me rest, so... maybe I shouldn't.

"Good afternoon." I greeted Katherine. I slowly approached her who stood still.

"Good afternoo--?" A short yell and a dull slap was all I heard afterwards... Of course, I was the one who did the slapping now.

"That--... felt nice..." I heaved a sigh... "Apologizes--, thank you for letting me rest--, but couldn't you have actually woken me up?" 

"Why--..." Katherine held her hands to her red cheeks from my slap. "I was concerned about you, nothing else..." A quiet, meek voice uttered out.

"Thank you though." I told Katherine. "I'll go help Helmsmen, you should help Aether when you can." I left shortly after as I didn't want to hear any argument.

A short tour and walk brought me to Helmsmen with the two commissioners. 

"Is--... that so...?" One of the girls uttered... the one that rode with me and complained.

The two commissioner girls turned towards me with a... Well, surprise.

"How--... are you unharmed--, was I seeing things yesterday?" The other who seemed to look like the much more mature one asked. 

"Magic." I half-jokingly said... though it wouldn't be strange if it was indeed Magic that did. "Anyways, what is it? I don't assume you came to Helmsmen for simple talk, correct?" I decided to cut to the chase on them.

"Err--..." The younger one froze in... fear. Was I really this scary?

Helmsmen walked away from them towards me. "Sorry, they introduced themselves to me but not anyone else. I don't know why, but they said they felt comfortable speaking with me." Huh--, eh... "The decisive one is Arlen and the quiet one is Elena." Oh... After telling me this, Helmsmen went back to unpacking their tent as I decided to speak with the two.

I took a deep breath in and made a polite smile. "Greetings." I courteously bowed, "Arlen and Elena, what business would you have with Helmsmen and I?" 

... it appears my posture and question scared them... Even Arlen twitched her face and took a step back...

"Err--..." Arlen stuttered... "No, Helmsmen just came to tell us abut the dangers ahead--, and I'm... reconsidering..." Arlen explained.

Oh... Arlen was indeed someone who seemed reliable. To charge in or retreat without thinking would be naïve, especially suddenly... though perhaps being naïve at times is better then indecisive, though--... I can't really tell. "Oh, yes... The Demon--, it will be hard to fight, but it is definitely not impossible to engage." I explained to her. "I am sure high-power Magic attacks work against it--, probably--, and the entire group is full of Magicians ranked High Magicians and higher." 

"Oh, really?" Arlen uttered... I, myself, would have engaged, but I left the leading to her. "I'll take the chance and keep going. But--, you better make sure we survive." A risktaker, yes. 

I gave a small nod of confirmation... I walked next to Arlen, "You both should practice horse-riding, in case any of us get injured." I jokingly told Arlen.

0