Arc I: Chapter 41, The End of Commission
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The only one who came close to interact with me now was Helmsmen, and Katherine... Helmsmen was also the only one who wasn't in utter surprise as I engaged and fought 4 Demons with ease. Aether, after recovering from his shock uttered to me later, "Thank you." Katherine was in awe and shock as I performed as I did. Everyone's reaction looking at me was like someone looking at a monster. 

Of course--, this... made sense... I mean--, if I turned against them - for some reason if I ever decide to do so - they would stand no chance. Like Aether said before, I am the worse opponent a Magician could fight with how anti-Magic my Fragments and Dark Magic spells were, not to mention I easily held the capabilities to take down all remaining physical fighters.

... Aside from this,  the group decided to rest here after Aether claimed there was no threats nearby. Considering we were inside a fortress like building, we should be safe...

Though... I took it to myself to explore this area more.

"Something... feels reminiscent..." I said as I touched the massive brick walls. "These Demons..." I bent down to touch their dust... "A sense of hatred, yet fulfillment fills me as I end their existence." My instincts took over--, perhaps my combat instincts as the Grievous One took over, but... "Sigh--... only time will tell... Hopefully, I seek the truth about myself..." The black dust flowed out of my hand, before fading into nothingness.

When we move on tomorrow, I'll keep note of this place to explore another time after we are done... Something tells me, this place has some importance...

 

 

 

----- ----- ----- 

 

 

 

After everyone woke up, we continued further into the fortress. A massive pair of doors stood in our way again after around 10 minutes of walking. Considering the size, and just how maze-like this fortress was, it matched the Holy Castle Astera in size... probably...

"Well--, here's your door Tenshi." Aether jokingly said to lighten the mood. We didn't know how it was done, but only I could open the door. 

We didn't detect anything abnormal, but we still kept our guard up... Lord knows what could be in this next room. I opened the door, and--...

A massive room the size of... No, comprehending it would be difficult, what we could see in this room was about the size of a mansion - we couldn't even see the other sides of this room with the massive weird square pyramid that took up the room. Endless stairs took up that pyramid, and... Well, all I could see was the tip of a weird circular object from here. 

"This--..." One of the comissioner, Arlen uttered... I turned to see her and her sister in utter awe.

"You wanted to see this?" Aether asked the two commissioners behind us. 

"Could--... everyone please leave?" Arlen asked in a semi-loud, now serious tone. Elena hid behind Arlen once everyone started looking towards the two.

"Understood." Helmsmen nodded and left quickly alone. Soon the rest followed Helmsmen's lead out of the room...

... except...

"..." Elena gave me nothing but a silent hostile glare... "What... are you... doing here still?" She asked whilst I climbed the stairs.

"Nothing more then making some observations to the Apostle." And myself... Though I kept that hidden to myself. 

"Elena, please respect Tenshi--, she is our savior and the Apostle's Abide." I had more respect for Arlen as time went on... 

I went off on my own afterwards to investigate this place... in particular, the giant circle thing on top of the pyramid. I Dissipated continuously up the countless stairs and looked around the top... Looking further, it wasn't a circle, but a... 

"A Gate..." I uttered... 

... ... ... 

"Grr--!" I felt an urge to destroy the gate, yet... I held back my primal instincts. "..." Touching the cold metal, or stone of the massive circular Gate, I could not think of anything other then destruction. Was--... did I really hate this thing this badly? 

I took my eyes off the Gate and forced some distance between me and it, deciding myself to see if there was anything else here.

Nothing caught my eyes in the room as I looked down from this massive pyramid... Except, I felt way more--... The air around me felt bound to me and my Dark Magic link lost itself; I felt my senses flickering in this room even more then the other rooms. Though I was certain there wouldn't be any more fighting.

"Hah--... So many steps..." Arlen uttered as she climbed up... Behind her, 

"Hah... ha..." Elena showed... obviously they both had to actually climb the steps - unlike me who cheated by Dissipating up them all -, so I felt a little sorry for them. " | Water |, | Wind |." They both started using Magic to cool themselves down after coming up here.

As they used their Magic, I suddenly thought of something. "Are you two fine answering a question I have?" Something came to my mind whilst they used Magic and as I realized my sense of Dark Magic. First to nod was Elena who nodded silently, and second was Arlen who vocalized yes. "How is your Magic here--, do you feel as though your spells have more effect or power here?" 

"Odd question..." Arlen asked.

"... yes..." Elena answered, to my surprise. 

"It is indeed strange that our small Magic seems so much stronger here."  Arlen told me. "I... just wished I was as gifted enough to use Magic this well rather then me being... nothing more then a weak girl here." 

... Weakness... having no strength... "... for your lack of strength, this is why we exist--, those with power exist to protect those who can't protect themselves." 

 

----- 

 

"..." I looked back at the ruins as we camped near the make-shift entrance we made by the powerful spell Aether shot. I made some basic assumptions of Magic here, but now I felt that I had an understanding of Magic and this place. "Magic in the air--, though why is it disrupting my Dark Magic unlike their Magic?" 

I was certain there would still be much work here, but Arlen deemed this was enough to report to... the Holy Astera Kingdom for whatever they needed. I had contact with the Apostle, but no knowledge of the actual intentions of the Asterian officials, or how much power Angels or myself held in influencing the country. 

"This... should end peacefully." I uttered.

 

 

 

----- ----- -----

 

 

 

In the end, a peaceful end concluded this commission. 

0