02. Character Make
2.4k 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

「......, why do I have to read this stuff when I'm about to be reincarnated into another world?」

 He pointed to a pile of information on how to reincarnate from this point on, and a stack of six books, ...... or something that looked like a strategy book, and asked.

「That's why I'm telling you! The quality of character creation is completely different if you don't read the information that is available to the public, right?」

 Lucia snorted and picked up one of the piles of books and patted it.

「I'm not sure if it was too much work to prepare cheats, initial abilities, and backstories for the 100s of reincarnations, but around the third reincarnation, the Evil God introduced a system where you can create any character you want within a set framework.」

「If you're going to play with me, at least play with me responsibly!」

 

 I'm not surprised that a god would treat human life so carelessly or play with it. And if it's a god with the word "evil" in its name, so be it.

 However, if you're going to do something like this, you should do it properly.

 The characters that are disliked in manga and anime are not the ones that do evil deeds or get in the way of the main character, but rather the ones that have a shaky core and lack weight in their words and actions.

「I'm sure that's a fair point, but what's done is done, right? And that's not to say that it's appropriate. ......」

 

「The evil god in question seems to be more interested in creating settings than in directing the story, and with each passing episode, the setting materials are upgraded and given to the gods! In addition, the bugs and errors that are inconvenient to the participants are also included in a detailed booklet at ......!」

「...... I know he's a pretty troublesome guy, just in a different way.」

「Well, anyway. First of all, you should at least have a world view and basic knowledge in your head.」

When she said that, Lucia handed me a summary of about 10 sheets of paper.

 It seems to be a simple summary of the world view, status and other specifications, and basic knowledge.

 It's a great way to get a sense of what's going on in the world, and it's also a great way to get a sense of what's going on in the world.

「Well, I suppose it's better than being forced to read that six-volume law book. ......」

 I looked it over, and it seems to follow the general worldview of otherworldly reincarnation works. It's a fantasy world of swords and magic in a western style world. It's a fantasy world of swords and sorcery, with a special status system for evil gods that quantifies strength on a world law level.

 And there is one thing that is extremely different from the normal world of reincarnation. That is, the world is repeatedly destroyed and reborn every 1000 years.

 Once every 1000 years, the world is destroyed by an army of gods and the civilization is reset. After that, it takes 900 years for the world to regenerate, and in the last 100 years, a battle for the survival of the species is fought.

 If you can defeat the gods there, you're good. If not, you'll be inscribed as another page in the history of repeated destruction, and the next 1000 years will begin.

 Incidentally, the reincarnated person does not have to live for the next 1000 years.

 Although there are restrictions for each race, you can start at any age within the range you can choose, and regardless of race, growth stops at the age when you reach your prime, and although you are not immortal, you don't seem to be bothered by the concept of aging.

 By the way, the earliest you can start is the human species, and you can choose any time between 100 years after the collapse of civilization and 899 years later.

 In addition to the above, there are also a number of other types of products that can be found in the market.

 Other standard fantasy races, such as elves and dwarves, can choose to start around 300 years later, while goblins, slimes, demon wolves, and other non-human races can start around 150 years later.

 In short, the stronger the race, the shorter the preparation period, and the weaker the race, the more careful the preparation period.

 

「Yeah ......? I can understand a system where the stronger races can only be born later in life, but why is it that the timing of birth is so random?」

Humans, on the other hand, have low basic stats that are determined by their race, and if you set them up to be born just before a 100-year war, they'll be stuck in the middle.

 Well, it's not the designer's fault, but the person who made the character with such a bad setting.

「Oh, that's right! There's a good reason for that. Basically, the later you are in the game, the better skills you can choose, and the number of skills you can obtain is also adjusted according to your age.」

「In addition, the earlier you age, the faster you will grow as a normal person, so even if you were born around the year 100 and trained for 800 years, it is difficult to outperform a reincarnated person who was born around the year 800 and trained for 100 years. And if you don't take it seriously, you could end up being weaker than the average otherworldly hero.」

「You can either be given a huge period of time with no preferential treatment and bad experience, or you can be given preferential treatment and inexperienced and get caught up in 100 years of warfare. ...... You have a wide range of sober choices.」

It is up to you to take the risk and make the most of it, but there is a reasonable return.

 The balance of the game has been done many times, and while there are differences in difficulty, there are no extreme advantages or disadvantages. In this case, it's more important to see if it fits your own stance rather than a slight advantage in terms of data.

 With this in mind, I continued to read the summary.

 However, the more I read, the more I realized that the system itself was quite simple.

 There are five major steps in the character creation process: race, age, status allocation, skill selection, and perk selection.

 First of all, the reincarnated player must decide on his or her race.

 Each race has its own basic stats and special abilities, so you can choose the one that best suits your playing style. The same goes for the year of birth.

 

 Next is the allocation of status, which consists of the following six items: 【Combat】, 【Magic】, 【Knowledge】, 【Domestic Affairs】, 【War】, and 【Luck】. Each status is capped at 500, and the starting status will be the basic status based on your race plus 50 freely allocated.

 Once that's done, you can choose the skills you want to learn from a pool that matches your race and year of birth. The number of skills you can learn also seems to increase depending on your race and year of birth.

 Finally, you'll have to decide on one perk to be given to your reincarnation.

 The perk is not a skill, but something that gives the reincarnated character an advantage.

 However, even though they may not be as powerful as skills, there are a variety of perks that can be used.

Now, as I explain this, I can see that most of the first bunch of books brought up are noise that is not suitable for my preferred style.

 If you think about the kind of play style you want to play, you will naturally have a choice of races to choose from, and the number of races you can choose from will be further narrowed by the degree to which you are willing to reincarnate as a human, subhuman, demon, or monster .......

 Then, from the remaining items, you can take into account the skills you can acquire, the year of birth, and the benefits, and make a specific plan.

 However, choosing the best and most suitable combination of skills and other possible combinations of skills is another matter that requires a lot of work. ......

 Well, I guess that's one of the things that makes me happy as a geek.

But, on the other hand, in my case, it also means that I need to read this huge amount of material all over the place, just like this clumsy goddess said.

 For example, the right to create something from the start, such as acquiring a messenger to assist you, or acquiring powerful armor, or acquiring additional powerful cheat skills.

 Some of them were for races that were just barely old enough to be born, like being able to grow into an adult within a year of birth, or being able to convert items, abilities, and characters from games, anime, manga, and other works that you were involved in before you were born.

 In the event that you're not familiar with the particulars of the game, you'll be able to use it to your advantage.

But, on the other hand, in my case, that means that I need to read every bit of this huge amount of material, just like this clumsy goddess said.

「Hey, Lucia.」

「Yes?」

「There's nothing wrong with saying you have all the time in the world to read up on things, right?」

「............ Yes?」

18