07. The Beginning of the Story 
1k 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 ◇

「Well, I'm off then.」

 

 I told Lucia as I stood in front of one of the doors.

 

「Are you sure you want to do this? Are you sure you want to go to ......? Aren't you scared? If you want, I can give you a little more .......」

 

「You know, .......」

 

After that, I spent a few days with Lucia and played around with her, but I couldn't say the same about her.

 

I mean, if I stay any longer, my resolve will be dulled.

 

「Ugh, I know, I know. Well, anyway, you should really be careful! Don't let the survival rate of the Demon Lord species get you down!」

 

「Oh, God, I know, I know, I know! I don't want to die either. I'm not going to die. See you ......?」

 

「...... Yes, again. Take care of yourself, okay?」

 

「Yeah.」

 Somewhat reluctantly, I shook Lucia off and turned to the door.

 Then I wrote on the prepared parchment and pressed the character sheet against it. If Lucia's story is true, I heard that this is the start of the reincarnation. ...... What's going to happen?

 

   Just as I started to think about it, the door that reminded me of an old-fashioned interior glowed and changed like a pale monitor.

 

 The character sheet turned into light at the same time and was transferred as a monitor white light on the door.

 

At the same time, the system starts checking for errors in status, race, perks and skills to be acquired, and ✓ marks are placed on the completed areas.

 

When the final check is complete, you will be told that no problems have been detected, and the following text will appear with the character sheet data.

 

『Do you wish to begin your reincarnation with this character?』.

 

『Yes』 『No』.

 

If I choose 『yes』 here, there will be no turning back. However, there was no time for hesitation. Without hesitation, I touched the 『Yes』 button with my hand.

 

 At the same time, I was enveloped in a pale blue light and felt as if someone was pulling me by the hand.

 However, without seeing the owner of the feeling, my consciousness was swallowed up in the light.

 

 ◇

-︰506 years since the end of his life at an unknown abandoned castle.

 

――――

 

 ――

 

 I was swallowed up in the light, and my foggy consciousness gradually regained its shape, as if it were forming a new one.

 It was a strange sensation, too deep to be called a slumber and too shallow to be called a dream.

 However, this feeling of being in limbo is only for a short while.

 The reassembled soul and body are quietly, but surely, synchronized with consciousness.

 

When I came to my senses, I was born into this world.

 I checked the sensation in my limbs and quietly opened my eyes.

 

The first thing that came into view was the ceiling of an indistinct stone structure. The ceiling, however, has a certain sentimentality to it,......, one that conveys the long passage of time.

 If I had to put it briefly, I'd say it was pretty shabby.

 The wind was blowing against my skin without restraint even though I was indoors, so I guessed I was in an abandoned building or something similar.

 

 Anyway, I should get up.

I put pressure on my limbs, which had been feeling somewhat distant.

 He noticed that his body had changed to be much smaller than his previous size, but strangely, he did not feel any discomfort.

 

It's not so much a skill ...... as it is the result of some unnamed but auxiliary function that makes it easier to adapt to the body after reincarnation.

 It's true that it only feels like a subtle benefit because he chose a humanoid race, but it could be useful to someone who would choose an inhuman race.

 

 That being said, I couldn't stay in admiration for long, so I slowly started to raise my body. My guess was correct, and with each light movement of my arms and legs, the gap between my past and present perceptions was resolved, and when I got up, there was nothing left that could be called uncomfortable.

The next thing that came to my mind was my appearance. I looked around for a mirror, and realized that I was in an abandoned building that I had no idea where I was.

 

Unfortunately, there was no mirror in sight.

 I was drawn to this huge stone structure than to any other. It's ...... decayed, but you can see that it's an opulent structure. It may have been a castle or a palace or something of that nature.

 

It had more than enough charm to attract the hearts of otaku who had been fascinated by fantasy works.

 

 There was a hole in the wall where a dense growth of tree branches had invaded, but I guess you could call that a taste. It was easy to imagine that this structure had been abandoned for quite some time.

 

 I'm sure this place is quite remote. In the event that you're a demon lord, you'll want to delay contact with the people of this world as much as possible. ......It's a different story if you've ventured beyond the frontier and into an extraterrestrial world overrun by vicious monsters.

 

 That's when I got to that point in my thinking, wondering what I should do.

 

『Iori-san! What do you think? What do you think? Did you manage to reincarnate properly? Is there anything strange about it?』

 

.......

 I think I heard the voice of the clumsy goddess who had just left me in a good mood.

 

 Landing in a new place must have made me instantly homesick. If that's the case, then this voice echoing in my brain must be an auditory hallucination created by my weakness. I have to pull myself together and start a new ......

 

『What the hell? I can't hear you! Is it bad contact? What if it's not? What if it's something else? Iori-san! !!!! Can you hear me?』

 

「Shut the fuck up!」

 

 Lucia's voice blasted into my head. No, I thought I heard it too clearly for an auditory hallucination, but you know what?

 

『Oh, so you got through! I'm sure I'm an M. I'm definitely a M. I like to be paid tribute, to be brought to my knees with pleasure and brute force, but I don't like to be ignored!』

 

「I don't want to know about your sexual habits.」

No, really, I don't.

 

『Bwah!』

 

 I could feel my tightened feelings slackening. Well, there's nothing I can do about that now, so I'll just change my mind.

 

「......" What the hell? I don't know, where are you talking to me from? Do you think you've been reincarnated by following me?」

 

『Huh? No, it's not. That genre is not allowed because it has too many great predecessors.』

 

「I don't care.」

 

『Well, anyway,......, have you forgotten my powers? I'm Lucia, the Goddess of the Oracle. ...... I'm the one who gives oracles to those who are lost. You can' t reincarnate with them, but you can at least talk to them like this.』

 

「...... Say that from the start.」

『Huh? Didn't I tell you that? This is how reincarnated people who have a god with an ass are given support according to that god's authority! This means that Iori-san has been given the ability to speak freely with me!』

 

 Lucia's voice turns into something unnecessarily proud.

 No, what use is this other than to have someone to talk to?

 

「By the way, ......, what kind of effects do other gods have on us?」

 

『Huh? Yes, it is. ......I don't know too much about it, but for example, if you're the warrior god Mikazuchi, you'll get a correction to your proficiency in all kinds of weapons, and if you're the demon god Asta, you'll get half the magic consumed by dark magic.』

 

「................. Change.」

 

『Why?』

「Rather, why do I feel like, 『why? 』Rather, why do I feel that way? It's a bad effect, no matter how you look at it!」

『Oh, no! It's terrible! I think there are some things you can say and some things you can't. The truth hurts people more than any words ever could, you know?』

「You do realize that, don't you?」

 

I'm sure you're at least aware of the effect. It's better than no effect at all. ...... Is it better than ......? I'm not going to think about it too much. It's a great way to get a good night's sleep.

 No, I'm not sure if that's possible. ????

13