Chapter 8: First Case Part 3/4
30 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After leaving the gun shop Lucia and Thomas made their way to the building where they are set to investigate and clear out any animals  or anything else that might be in it.  It takes around 10 minutes for them to be driven there and when they finally arrive they see the building which is a medium sized brick building that could have been used for a variety of things. But after some debate it was originally designed to be an office building. Thought that was before a cult purchased the building and owned it for around 12 years, probably doing many changes to it.  Though Lucia notices how the area seems a bit too quiet, possibly due to the noises that people have complained about. 

As they stop in front of the building they hear several inhuman roars followed by banging noises that are coming from the building which leaves everyone that hears it besides Lucia to freeze and have their hair stand up on the back of their neck. Though on the other hand Lucia has noticed it but is rather unaffected by what she heard. Which leads to both the driver and Thomas to stare at Lucia nervously.

 It took a moment but Thomas finally broke the silence as Lucia was about to leave the car with a shotgun in hand.

 

“Why are you leaving the car, didn’t you fucking hear whatever that thing is inside the office and here you are going to fucking walk in the building and do what.” Thomas said anxiously, prompting Lucia to stop loading the shotgun to reply. 

 

“Of course it’s our job and to be honest I thought it might have been worse than I thought, so come one and get out of the car and get ready. I think it should be a couple Summoned horrors at most. Which will be a piece of cake to blow their fucking heads off.” Lucia said with her trademark monotone voice though it did show a slight hint of excitement.

 

Though this unsettles Thomas and the driver who become filled with questions as they panic when the banging and Inhumane Moans get louder. Before Thomas is able to ask any questions, Lucia comments “ Seems like we lucked out and got here just in time.”


After that Thomas let out a barrage of questions while almost shivering in freight “ How the Fuck do you know what is causing that noise!? Why the fuck does it sound like it is some fucking Monster?! Why the fuck are you acting like this is normal and why the fuck aren’t you fazed by anything that you are hearing?!Monsters shouldn’t exist!? Why the fuck is this happening to me?!” Thomas coherent be screamed shouting turned into senseless rambling as the banging grew louder and soon several loud crashes can be heard.


Lucia on the meanwhile could be heard muttering “ Guess I will have to do this alone, but I should have figured that it would turn out this way. Oh I guess that it will take a lot of work to calm down Thomas. Fuck this has turned out to be a bigger pain than I though. Though I didn’t think that a Summoned horror would turn Thomas into a rambling mess. Aww, I really shouldn’t project what me and my colleagues could do onto normal people. Ah, that's probably gonna be a bad habit of mine going forward.” Lucia chuckled after the last portion of her mumbling but stopped as the noises from the building indicated that the Summoned horrors had breached the door leading from the basement and they would be coming very soon. 

 

Sure enough as soon as Lucia was in position 3 Summoned horrors crashed out of the windows. They look like gooey creatures made out of rotting flesh that fail to even hint at what they used to be and instead look like hideous abominations that one might find in hell. They immediately radiate a disgusting odor that overwhelms everyone's ability to smell and often leave a lingering smell that lingers for several days, wherever they go. 

Thomas and the Driver scream could be hear and the Driver then passed out, slightly foaming in the mouth and Thomas screams before spouting ramblings at an even faster rate. Questioning everything from why he was born to why he is here and everything in between.

Meanwhile Lucia was calm as could be  and walked a couple of feet away from the car and raised her shotgun and took aim at the first disgusting horror that was charging towards the car and shot it. The shot hit its head and left pieces of it splattered across the street. Leaving its bloody chunks to litter the street and sidewalk, as well as so blood splatters to get over not only Lucia, but also the car. To which Lucia quickly removes the few splatters of blood that got on her face.  

The two other summoned horrors changed their target towards Lucia and started running towards her.

Lucia then backed up several feet as she unloaded the 4 other rounds which 3 hit one completely tearing it to shreds and wounding the other. She then quickly took out her pistol and then quickly let out a 2 round burst from the M1911 in which took out the third Summoned horror.

Lucia then quickly reloaded the Auto 5 shotgun and then went to the door and shot off the lock because she didn’t feel like looking for the key. Before entering the building she looked back at the car to make sure that the 2 inside were physically ok, to which they both looked ok physically but not mentally. Mentally, they were not doing good which surprised Lucia.

Oh, having to calm done Thomas is going to be a pain in the ass, hopefully we still get married. But how can a Summoned horror scare people this badly. I mean sure they look disgusting but is it to the point that you faint or reduced to a mumbling mess, I don’t think so. 

Lucia cuts out her thoughts with a shake of her head and then went inside to clear the first floor and basement where the monsters came from. 

Most of the first floor was empty and rather uninteresting besides the door to the door to the basement which was a reinforced wooden door that had been absolutely destroyed and it made Lucia think about how lucky she was to have caught them just as they were about to breach the door. Though the thought didn’t linger that long as she made her way into the basement. Which was damp and moist and was still not that clean and showed the time that it was used by a cult. There is one small electric light that is lighting up the entire room leading to creepy shadows forming it and leaving most of the room shrouded in darkness. Though even through the darkness a destroyed part what at a glance looks like a wall, was another room. Lucia then checked the destroyed wall to see if it was a hidden door or a wall that covered an unused part of the basement. 

Though the answer was quickly deduced from what was inside the room which were several iron cages that had the front parts utterly destroyed due to a combination of rust build up and the strength of the Summoned monster. Lucia also came up with a startling discovery.

So that is what happened, the remaining 3 victims were kept in this hidden room where they died somehow and the break in must have been the person who summoned them. Since only a person from the cloud would have probably known about the hidden room, if the police didn’t find it.

At the deduction Lucia flinched slightly at realization of what happened, but it lasted for a second before she went back upstairs to take care of Thomas, the driver and more importantly the cops that she could hear arriving from the sirens.

 

2