Chapter 12: Case 2 Part 1
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

August 4th, 1920

 

It had been a week since the two newbies joined the agency and they had been busy training alongside Thomas. So that they could hone their skills that they will need in order to do their job and be able to complete any case that they might get. They had been in particular training with firearms so that they could properly engage in a gunfight.  Since it is something that they will face and will sadly be a common part of their job.

 

Though as luck was to have it, they would soon, their newly refined skills will be put to the test. As when they were about to go over the daily briefing as well as to discuss possible names for the P.I agency. The receptionist came into the room followed by a middle aged man in a police uniform, the man was middle aged and seemed rather used to wearing the uniform, making it painfully obvious that the man had been working for the police for a long while. 

 

Which was no surprise as the man was Mathew Grey, the police Chief of the city as well as the arch nemesis of the Mayor. As he was the chiefs number one target when it came to people he wanted to bust for their crimes. Something which the mayor was quite guilty of. The crimes that the mayor was suspected of doing included; giving jobs to family members and supporters, blackmail, abuse of power and the biggest one of all being the fact that the mayor regularly accepted bribes in exchange for favors. One such person was Lucia, who had in the past several years given the mayor around 10,000 dollars in bribes (1920s money, equivalent to around 130,000 dollars in 2021) in order to get the mayor to support her unquestionably. 

 

Though that is something that no one but the Mayor and Lucia know about, not even Thomas knows about that. Though that didn’t mean that the police didn’t suspect such interactions between the two. It was quite the opposite, they were sure that Lucia had bribed the Mayor. They just lacked evidence to back it up and on top of that, it was all done in a way that made it nigh near impossible to prosecute as it was done though legal loopholes. The reason that  Thomas was not an area of such interactions, is that he has a certain moral compass that Lucia lacks, in which Thomas always tries to follow the law to the fullest while Lucia is willing to ignore or skate around the law in order to accomplish her goals. 

Back to the present, the Receptionist had no need to introduce the person who had entered so after saying the fairly obvious, she left the room quickly.

Chief Matthew looked around the room to see everyone staring at him, until Lucia got up to greet him. To which he ignored her because he had no respect for someone like Lucia due to him perceiving her as an immoral person who was even worse than the mayor, as he believed that she was the one pulling the strings of the mayor. As well as the fact that he disagreed with the amount of influence that Lucia has been building up in the areas over the past couple years.  Which is why, even though he had to come to her business for help, he wouldn’t interact with her and instead go through her husband. Someone who the mayor respected quite deeply for his moral values and wished would have married a better wife. Though he would never say that to anyone and kept it to himself. So as he walked past Lucia’s extended hand, she flinched and shut her eyes but kept her mouth shut.

Why did I not expect that he hates my guts but I guess that means that whatever he has come to us for must have been extremely important for him to swallow his pride and come to some one that he probably views as something akin to the  evil mastermind that plagues the town. As he has not taken kindly to me increasing my presence in this town and especially my interactions with the mayor. Though that's enough of analyzing our obvious relation, I should see why he has come here.

Meanwhile the 3 other employees of the Pi firm, including Thomas though to a lesser extent were shocked by the display of disrespect. Though the Chief didn’t care at all and he strolled up to Thomas and happily greeted him. 

“Hello Thomas it’s good to see you, have you come up for a name for your business yet?”

“No, not we haven’t gotten around to that yet.” Thomas said  pausing while he organized his thoughts, as to why the Chief blatantly ignored Lucia. “Though, I don’t know why you ignored Lucia and came to me since she handles most of the business and negotiations? Do you know each other from somewhere, though it seems that you two already know each other?” 

The mayor then paused before responding in a diplomatic manner as he didn’t want to say too much in front of Lucia. As he may have feared that saying too much might hasten whatever plans she has to oust him from office and replace it with a loyalist to her and the mayor. Something that he would never let happen. 

After coming up with a response he finally responded. “Let’s just say that me and Mrs. Lucia does not see eye to eye on most things and I personally do not approve of how she conducts her business as well as her dea . . alleged business dealings with the mayor. I hope you can understand why I do not wish to interact with her, though I don’t want to impact your relationship.” 

Thomas took in what he said and realized what he was talking about since Thomas knew that the police chief was someone that strove to uphold the law and that he hated people who used their influence to exploit loopholes to commit what would otherwise be criminal acts. So because of Thomas’s knowledge not only of the police chief's personality, but Lucia’s as well. He was able to connect the dots and after he did he shot a glare over to Lucia which, if put into words, was something along the lines of “ We will talk about this later.” To which didn’t cause any change in her current expression, but it did cause her to flinch a tiny bit in anxiety. Which was enough to prove Thomas’s hypothesis. Though now wasn’t the time for that, it was to find out why the Police chief has come. 

So Thomas cleared his throat and returned his attention back to the police chief.


“Sorry, let's all sit, so you can explain why you came over.

“Sure thing, though I am afraid that we are a bit lacking on time so let me make this as short as possible.”: The police chief said as he was already sitting down in the chair.

The police chief had come over with a rather strange request. He wanted them to help execute an arrest warrant, to Salvador Jenson. The person who used to own the office and ran or seemingly runs a cult that is still very active and even stronger than they were 3 years ago. 

The reason for the planned raid, Was that they had started kidnapping people again and the police wanted to smother the problem in the cradle, so that they could prevent any more kidnappings. 

The reason that they were going to involve the new PI agency is that they need experienced fighters as well as the fact that they fear that the monsters that were in the cult's former headquarters will be used and that the police will be unable to handle it. 

 

Thomas unlike Lucia wasn’t concerned with being paid in such a situation since he views it as him doing his honorable duty to help protect the community and that it didn’t need to hesitate. So when he told him yes without consulting others, all three of them gave him dark stairs, and Lucia especially when the fact that they would do it for free. Caused her to give him an especially scary look. Something that caused him to have a cold sweat form on his back as he thought of the discussion that they will have tonight over the 2 issues that popped up in this encounter. Though that will have to wait until after the case. 

 

As now all of them were busy arming themselves with the best weapons that they have. They then went to the car in the parking lot and made their way to the place that the police agents were using as a staging ground. 


Weapons info.

 

Lucia

Auto 5 Shotgun

M1911 Colt


Thomas: 

M1917 Enfield

M1911 Colt

 

Jerry

M1 Bar

Colt model 1917

 

William

M1917 Enfield 

M1911 colt


 

1