Chapter 14: Case 2 Part 3
14 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Edit: Fixed continuity error

As the 4 of them started going for the door the police provided cover for them, during their 20 second run. Preventing any cultists from targeting them, though the cultists weren’t going to risk getting shot in order, so the four of them were able to reach the door safely.

After they did so, they prepared to breach the door. They now stacked up the door and prepared to kick in the door. Though before they did so Lucia took her shotgun and peeked through the window to where she spotted 2 cultists huddled around the window, they hadn’t yet noticed her so she decided to take the risk of shooting through the window twice.

After she got her aim quickly she took the 2 shots and immediately the cultists went down indicating that they had been hit by one or both of the shells. Since the ammunition that she was using was a 16 gauge buckshot being fired at close range with only the glass providing minimal cover. It was fair to assume that the two cultists had been incapacitated at the very least. 

Though Lucia didn’t stick around long enough as she immediately left the position as several rounds went out the window in retaliation. Though it also indicated that there were several other cultists in the room. Though that may change now. 

Either way Lucia then had Jerry cover the window to prevent a cultist from running the window and getting a shot off on their backs. To which one did and was quickly suppressed by the cops who had apparently forgotten about the cops and stupidly rushed forward to possibly avenge his fallen comrades.

Either way Lucia decided to make use of the situation and after reloading the 2 spent cartridges she then stood at the side of the door and planned on what to do once the door was open. Which was for Jerry to do suppressive fire just in case there were any one on the other side waiting for them to rush inside. 

 Which was a naïve assumption to make, though it showed just how little the cultists knew about fighting and how they lacked anything but will to be able to put up a decent struggle. Which will make Lucia’s and her team’s job much easier. 

With the plan ready, Moody did a backwards kick to the door, which caused the wooden door to easily crack and fly open.  Jerry then opened fire, killing a cultist that was waiting behind a barricade that had been hastily constructed after the cops showed up.

The cultist was caught completely unprepared and got a shot through the head. With his eyes showing the shock in his eyes. Several seconds later 2 more cultists ran by attracting another volley of bar rounds, hitting one in the chest and going through the cultists body, killing them instantly. The other one seemed to have been luckier only appearing to have been injured as they limped out of the line of fire. The cultist escaping alive seemed to have been one of their leaders as well as a woman when she was heard shouting “ The police have breached the building, make your way to the basement, but don’t go through the hallway”

After waiting a minute to see if any more cultists would try and pull the same stunt as the last two. Lucia signaled that they should enter and start clearing the first floor. Jerry and Thomas would watch the hallway while Lucia and William would clear the room to the left of the main entrance. 

They then moved in with Jerry and Thomas crouching at the point in the hallway where it becomes a four way intersection with their being an open air dining room that was made and set with food ready to be eaten. Which meant that the cult was caught completely off guard and that they had no clue that such a raid was being planned.

It was also empty which meant that most of the cultists may have either barricaded themselves where they are or made their way to the basement. Both of which would present their own challenges, though trying to storm a basement full of cultists would be the most difficult one to even think of handling. Especially without explosives or some way to force them out of hiding, as it would be suicidal for the 4 of them to try and assault no matter how much better their training and experience.

Though the basement can wait until the other 2 floors have been cleared.

So in the meanwhile Thomas and Jerry were watching for any cultists to come down stairs or upstairs or from the two rooms on the left side of the building (from the direction of the main entrance).

While they did that Lucia and William stacked up on the door on the left side of the hallway and kicked open the door and rushed in there screaming “Police, put your hands up and drop your guns.” Which at the time was the best thing that Lucia could think of since it would be less effective to go in saying Police helpers or something of that sort would be less intimidating to any one that heard. Well at least that is what Lucia believes and not necessarily what William thinks, whose eyes narrow as he hears Lucia proudly claiming to be the police. 

Though he quickly has to put his attention aside when he hears 4 voices of cultists in which the oldest seems to be no older than 17. Yelling or more accurately pleading at the top of their voice “ Don’t shoot we surrender, we don’t want to die.” They had already dropped the weapons the minute the door was kicked open. They had expressions of pure terror and shock. As if they had just woken up from a dream to be immediately plunged into a nightmare. 

Lucia realizing this immediately changed her voice to a stern yet understanding voice as she spoke to them from the yell that she had initially barraged them with.

“Ok, since you already have dropped your weapons, come over here slowly with your hands in the air. Since you're so young I can only assume that your parents brought you into this correct?” She then said the last part to help determine how she would handle them and if what she would ask the police for their fates. 

When the teens heard that they nodded their heads slowly as they made their way to Lucia who was on the other side of the room. William was mean while not watching them, but instead watching the door to prevent cultists from rushing here to either target them or the surrendering teens.

Lucia meanwhile was talking to the teens while she had her gun slightly down, though in position so that she could react if they tried anything. 

After receiving her nod the gun went down a little further when she responded to their nod. “If that is the case then you have nothing to worry about, you can come and talk to the police since your minors and were brought into the cult because you followed your parents. So you don’t have to worry about getting in trouble from the police nor your parents.” Lucia then paused to see how they reacted to which she saw their faces immediately lighten as a weight had been lifted from their shoulders. Lucia then continued. “Once this is over I will talk to you about what will happen next so just follow me as I will bring you out to the police outside.”

After saying that she brought them outside while William covered the other door leading out of what appeared to be a dorm for the younger members. Since there were several other beds in the room. Before doing that however he checked the bodies of the 3 other cultists in the room who he had confirmed were all dead. 

Meanwhile Lucia had led the 4 teens towards the police who after listening Lucia’s explanation had somewhat saddened faces at what the teens had to go through because of their parents. They then confirmed Lucia’s statements about them not being in any trouble led them away after ensuring that they had no other weapons on them. 

Lucia then made her way back to the house which was not covered by the police but at the same time had no potshots coming out of the window. Which suggests that the cultists must have mostly gone into the basement.

After she returned she met up with William where they breached the door to the other room which was a kitchen and food pantry in the same room. The kitchen was empty of cultists, and had the leftovers of the food that had been prepared. 

They then turned around and went back to the entrance way to prevent the possibility of friendly fire. They then regrouped and moved forward with clearing the second floor. Thomas and Jerry moved up to watch the stairs to the basement.

While Lucia and William slowly made their way up the stairs, they saw a cultist waiting for them, though he was spotted by Lucia before they entered his firing zone. So Lucia rushed up and shot 2 rounds at the cultist before he could accurately fire any rounds. So even though he managed to get off a round it wasn’t close to hitting. 

The two of them then cleared the rest of the floor discovering several dead cultist bodies but they didn’t find any more living cultists. 

It then proved the point that the rest of the cultists had rushed to the basement when the police arrived or made their way to the basement once the building was breached. The thought of that made Lucia’s head hurt, thinking of how that would be handled.

Though she did have one thing that was slightly nice was that she found where they kept their books and even at a glance she recognized several books that she quickly determined would be of interest and that she would try to get from the police as payment.

The other rooms on the floor consisted of 2 more dorms, one for men and one for women. Which made Lucia think that the one on the first floor was for the children of the cultists. Which made Lucia flinch at the thought that there were children with the cultists in the basement. Besides the dorms there was also a communal study room and the room that Salvador must have used since it was a single bedroom that took up around a forth of the second floor and was decorated with better furniture than the dorms, so it could hardly be called luxury.

Lucia unfortunately didn’t have the time to go through the rooms more thoroughly since she had to go inform the police chief on the situation and find out how to provide. Since she realized that the four of them can’t do anything about the cultists in the basement. 


So after the second floor was clear she had William join the other two in watching the stairs as she ran back to the police line to give an update to Matthew. 

  

2