Chapter 17: Case 2 Epilogue
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
As this is an epilogue, it will be a short chapter and for more information read the authors notes at the bottom of the chapter.

The battle was over and Lucia and her allies were successful in capturing the cultists. The next part was to collect evidence of the crimes that caused the raid.

Which was the cops duty, so Lucia didn’t need to worry about that. Even if she offered to help the police they wouldn’t have needed her help. Since a simple search of the premise they found more than enough evidence not just for the crimes for their warrant but also several crimes that they didn’t even know about. Which were mainly fraud and money related, though that would still be important in trying to get as long of a sentence for Salvador as possible to prevent him from continuing his cult.

Though in the meantime Lucia had been given permission to take a look through the library and take some of the books as payment, though she also wanted to take Salvador's journal because she wanted to see if the journal could answer some of her questions about the cult and some of the peculiarities that she spotted in it. Unfortunately, she knew it was something that she couldn’t have without even to ask about it. Since she knew that it would be a major piece of evidence for the crimes and would be a key part of the trial. 

So Lucia settled on emptying the library of some of the more unique works. Which included two quite unique books that help explain some of the cults behavior.

The first is the Grimoire of Corodora, which is a grimoire that originated from Medieval Spain in the 1300s and contains some spells in it for summoning creatures of the undead. Though the spells in the book most likely predate this particular grimoire. As Grimoires are usually research results or some other  collection of occult knowledge and the addition of new theories or discoveries by the author.

So there are thousands if not more grimoires that have been created, it is just that only a portion survive until today.  With the number of grimoires with credible and real information being even smaller. To that end there is what one would call a spectrum of grimoires that goes from the one that is entirely fake to the ones that cults would scheme and scam to get. To finally a few legendary grimoires that cults would do whatever it takes to get it and kill as many people as it is required. Though the books that qualify to create that reaction are incredibly small with it being just around 20 ancient grimoires that can elicit that response which is because even though each grimoire may have multiple copies, they are usually in the hands of people that even the greediest cults wouldn’t dare anger. Which are governments, colleges and museums or they are lost and unable to be found. That then leaves around a few copies of each, floating around with occult enthusiasts, bibliophiles and other cults that are in private circulation. This coupled in the fact that those that have these rare books are not likely to let go of it due to the fact that they are priceless and unable to be given a proper value. Though many have tried and have mainly come down to how much one is willing to spend and how badly they want it. These two facts have led to a lot of conflict with cults and individuals vying for them and it has often turned violent.

Though the grimoire that Lucia has certainly can’t be called one of those legendary books, instead it is a rather middle of the road book. That has some useful spells and other useful information that explains why the cult was able to field Summoned horrors. 

The other book of note is the Registres d'histoire occulte (Occult his records in French), which is a rather new book written by a French author in 1895. It details the history of cults and their practices in France and Western Europe. As well as pointing out a few notable examples and talking about them as examples for the concepts in the book. 

There are around a dozen other books that Lucia takes because they seem interesting but are not as interesting as those 2. 

When Lucia finished with that she left and had a quick chat with Matthew about what he meant with the teens and thankfully he said that he would only have Lucia be accountable for the teens. As several police officers stepped forward to take in younger children because they couldn’t stand the possibility that they would stay with parents who had brought them into a violent cult and would not be going to prison. For varying amounts of time. 

Upon hearing that Lucia breathed a sigh of relief and thanked the Police in her mind, since she knew that the chief would push it onto her if the police officers didn’t step forward.

Though Lucia still ended up getting stuck with the 4 teens, so she would have to wait a bit until she would have to pick them up. Since everything wasn’t set in stone and for the meantime they would be staying in a hotel room at the cost of the police.  

When all of her responsibilities and after Chief Matthew reluctantly thanked her, she and her 4 comrades went back to their office to clean themselves up before celebrating the completion of their first official mission as well as Jerry and Williams first mission.


While partying all of them thought about how they don’t want to have one of those cases for a while due how much they were mentally taxed. Though that is of course for Lucia who was thinking about her past and how she was reliving her years as a junior agent in the Agency (old one).

Thus another case comes to a close and another prepares to begin. 

 

This is the end of case 2, so the next couple chapters will be shorter and talk about some of the things that happen in between the end of this case and the next case which will not be for around 3-5 chapters since I need time to plan it out. Which means that they will be short and narrative. Since I want to use these cases to abbreviate the time in between cases and not stuff them with unnecessary filler

So the next few chapters are going to be short.  Like possibly under 1000 thousand words short . That is so I can properly think up case 3 with a little less worry about coming up with 1500 word chapters.                                                   

 

1