Chapter 26: Aftermath and in between cases
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

October 9th, 1920

 

A week had passed and Lucia had gotten the payment for the painting and statue which went in the storage building right next to the main office. Though Lucia had debated on putting the painting in the main office since it looked really nice and it would be something that would improve the decor of the place but she decided against for the time being since she thought that it would be better to start filling the storage area since it is completely empty. So with that done, the storage building had its first two items.

 

On another note a newspaper article was put in the file report that Lucia decided to start doing at the end of each case that have all relevant documents that Lucia has gotten. So that she can use any information that they have gathered in any potential cases in the future so that they have more possible places to search for information. As well as ways to remember and document past cases.

 

The article was about a home robbery that resulted in the death of the robber, though it wasn’t anything special and was just part of an article about the supposed decline in safety of the neighborhood and no actual comments were made on the shooting itself due to the cut and dry nature the police made it out to be. 

 

Which is most certainly due to the 2 people involved. The one dead being a lowlife who had already been convicted of several other crimes and had been released only 2 months ago from serving prison time for another home invasion. While on the other hand, the one that killed him being the daughter of a powerful and well respected New England family. So the police naturally made it quite clear that Lucia was not at fault in any way for what she had done and had done their best to prevent anything bigger from occurring from the incident. Though even if Lucia wasn’t wealthy she doubted that anything would have happened to her and it would have been just as clear cut.

Other things that have happened during that time is that Lucia and Thomas had decided to start planning for possible expansions of their business.

 

Though besides that the week was spent relaxing and preparing for the next case. Which is something that none of them can entirely prepare for them.

1