Chapter 27: Case 4 Part 1
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

October 13, 1920

Four more days had passed with relative ease as the 4 agents took the time to unwind a bit more from the last case while preparing for the next one by creating more magical ammunition not only for their pistols but also for the bolt action rifles as it was deemed that having magical ammunition would be useful. While the shotgun gun got a few made to test to see if they were effective. While the bar would not have any made for it as it would use it up too fast.

Though on the 27th their next case came in and it wasn’t one that came from the city or police or even the upper class but instead it came from a rural farmer who owned a somewhat large farm, though he could hardly be called wealthy in the same way Evan could be. 

Though that is enough arguing on his social or economics since he was wealthy enough to pay for Lucia's service as he was willing to pay 20 dollars and had an interesting enough case that Lucia didn’t mind being paid cheaply as long as it was an interesting tale. 

Either way when the day came in and the man named Henry came in, it wasn’t too surprising that he came into her office in a somewhat worn suit. Though the suit wasn’t bad it was just that it was worn for a bit too long and looks like it should have been replaced several years ago. Though it seems that it was good enough for him since Lucia doubted that he could afford a new one or would even want to.

Though besides that he did take care to try and present himself as best as he can with his brown hair being neatly combed and his beard seemingly shaved. 

He then quickly took his seat while introducing himself.“ The name Henry Karlson, pleasure to meet you.” In a somewhat rural accent and a way of speaking that was quite different than the types of speech that Lucia was used to hearing in this life which was one heard from the well educated and wealthy. Though if she went back to her old life then it wouldn’t be too out of place. Though either way she didn’t really care about it. Though she did wonder why he would have known about this place and why he would come here.


Since most people in the town knew that this place was mainly aimed at serving wealthy patrons which was something that unfortunately limited customers due to their perceptions of Lucia. 

Either way Lucia took the initiative to shake his hands which he quickly did as well in response.

“Hello Henry, what can I do for you?” Lucia said in a professional manner. 

“Well there have been some strange incidents that have been going on that have me worried and I heard from a cousin that is going to University in the one in this town that you do cases like the one I am talking about.” Henry said while talking about the university as something that he knew existed but not much else. Though Lucia thought that it was weird that he didn’t know the name since it was the same as the town's name. 

Though Lucia was polite enough to not point it out and only informed him of the name which caused him to have an ‘Ah ha’ sort of moment in which he quickly confirmed that it was the one. 

Either way Lucia moved on with the discussion. “So Henry what are these strange incidents that have been occurring? “

“Well recently there have been some animals that have come up dead with strange markings on them. I can’t even remember them and the person that tried to write them down had terrible nightmares so bad that he has had to drug himself to sleep and has frequently screamed as if he was being murdered in his sleep. Though more troublingly, just a couple days ago a person was found dead,  with the same figure there. Though I should preface that all of them seem to have had their blood removed from them somehow.” Henry said, somewhat troubled with what he has had to remember when talking about it.

Lucia on the other hand was quite intrigued with what was going on, since she had a sneaking suspicion on what was happening though she wouldn’t be sure until she saw the emblem that was on the dead bodies. Since the act of draining blood and leaving a mark was something that several different Evil gods made. ( Authors note: name may change if a better one is found.)


Though she should probably head out soon to it. So she comforted him and assured him that they would head to his village tomorrow to start the investigation. That made him extremely happy and thanked Lucia a little too much.

He then left the building with hope that the problem will be solved. Like most of Lucia's' previous clients. Even if they had been few in number.

She then brought together the other agents and briefed them. To then spend the rest of the day in preparations for heading to the rural town called Creekton, a village of around 1,500 residents which is quite small compared to the booming town of Boston. Though there are smaller places than that. 

The day went by quite quickly as the 3 other agents did the preparations and loaded the vehicles with supplies while Lucia did some research.

All of them are trying to be as best prepared for whatever they might face. 

 

1