Chapter 32: Case 4 Part 6
60 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*(Lucia Pov)

When Lucia heard the gunshots she rushed outside to the car and rushed towards it. During the time several more gunshots rang out. 

She arrived after a four minute drive, which was coincidentally the same time the police arrived at the scene. What she saw was Jerry and William near the cars with the guns stored in the car. Trying to catch their breath after being attacked. Lucia then looked around to see what had attacked them, which turned out to be creatures that seemed to have been made up of dried blood. Which was clear evidence of Sangrietus being somehow involved. Though it also brought an unsettling feeling among Lucia that they might have stumbled upon something bigger than she had been expecting.

Though no matter the circumstances, there will most likely be a lot to learn from the attack. Though as Lucia got out of her car and approached the two she noticed that Thomas wasn’t among them. 

“Where’s Thomas?”(Lucia)

When she said that the two of them turned slightly apprehensive and then turned to the car before turning and walking to the police officers who had begun to form a scene around the monsters. While Lucia didn’t need any further explanation.

Uhh, what did that idiot do now. I can only guess that they had to knock him out to stop him from causing a scene at the most inopportune sign. Why does he have to act like such an entitled brat at times.

After that Lucia then made her statement with the police and told them about her involvement as a consultant for the local animal killings. To which she suggested that this might be connected to the other incidents. To which the officers were strangely willing to consider. Due to how strange all the events have been so far. She also told them that one of the companions was knocked out in the car and that they would bring them back to the inn. 

After that she realized that she should probably wake Thomas up now. Though she really felt like waiting until the police left. Though she decided to stall and get William and Jerries' side of the story. Which only confirmed her story as well as pissing her off. Since she had warned him time and again to behave himself and not threaten to fire him. 


She then said that she was fine with what they did, though she hoped that they would try and not make a habit of it. Though she could blame them if they did, considering his behavior towards them. Since Lucia was currently livid with him, not changing is entitled and his inability to be respectful with anyone that wasn’t upper class or ‘rich’ like he was. Which was something that was apparent in how he treated people. Though that combined with his bratty attitude meant that he listened to the demands of very few people. Which caused Lucia many headaches when it came to how he interacted with the other employees of the companies they owned. 

Which meant that Lucia could guess what had happened and agreed with how William handled Thomas. Though she knew that it would cause a bigger headache than it already was going to. Either way the police soon allowed Lucia and Jerry to bring Thomas back to the inn. While William would stay and cooperate with the police. 

Meanwhile the rest of them went back to the inn with Thomas still being knocked out which sort of worried Lucia as to how hard they hit him. So she had thought of bringing him to the hospital to see how he was doing. Though she didn’t know if it would make much of a difference since Lucia would have him participate in the case since she didn’t want a repeat of what happened  today especially due to the nature of the case.

Either way when Lucia finally woke Thomas up, it was much easier than she had thought it would be. Since after only some light water was poured on his face by Lucia. He burst upright with him looking around while loudly yelling.

“What happened, who the fuck knocked me out? Where . . .” (Thomas)

He stopped immediately when he noticed the furious Lucia with the cup in her hand. As well as a look that made Thomas flinch. Though he had no idea what could cause Lucia to be so mad. Though after recollecting his memories he realized who was responsible for his current state. Though just as he was about to say something he noticed Jerry in the corner of the room. He then forgot what he was about to say and pointed and yelled.

“ That's one of the Bastards that knocked me out! Wait, why are you still here, I told you that you were fired! Oh, Lucia I fired that bastard and William because they refused to listen to me and dragged me out when I was interviewing someone.” (Thomas)

However, to Thomas’s confusion neither Jerry nor Lucia reacted how they thought they would. Since Jerry just looked at Lucia and Lucia just sighed heavily.

“Can you not comprehend the notion that you’ve been fired.” (Thomas) 


When Thomas tried to intimidate Jerry who was rather unimpressed by it and seemingly holding in his laughter. Thomas had stopped mid sentence to find a Lucia that was trying to hide her anger and annoyance. She then responded in an emotionless and cold voice that hid her anger well. Though not to people who have known her as long as Thomas had.

“No he hasn’t been fired. How many times do I have to tell you that you have no right to fire them.” (Lucia)

Thomas had been sidelined since at the least though that Lucia would have sided him. He was also confused as to why Lucia didn’t fire them on their own since they had knocked him out.

“ Well you should fire them since they knocked me out and dragged me out of a building when I ordered them to let me go. Also. . . .” (Thomas)

Thomas had ranted for several minutes before Lucia had lost her patience, though she didn’t raise her voice, it was ice cold.

“Let me address everything that you said, firstly I am aware of what happened. All of which is because you didn’t stop to ask why and instead acted like an entitled brat. Second, you're not their boss, I am and I told you to work together. So you don’t get to boss them around. Third, the only reason they knocked you out was because you refused to listen to anything they said and were totally oblivious to what was happening around you. So for those reasons I have no reasons to fire them. Though the way you behave and more importantly the way you treat the staff at the company I run hasn’t changed, no matter how many times I have told you to change it. Either way I think I should make it painfully clear that you have no right or ability to fire anyone. Only I can and then saying no you treat them like you treat your servants are not reasons I would even consider for firing them. Anyways, you will sit this case out. Since I don’t want you making another idoitic decision.’ (Lucia)

While hearing this Thomas had a face of pure shock as he couldn’t believe that his wife had not only sided with Jerry and William over him. She had also called him out in a way that he had never been before.  So he simply could respond and he just kicked Lucia and Jerry out and started to process what she had said.

Meanwhile Lucia and Jerry had went back out and made their way back to the police station with Jerry telling the full story of what happened before. Which lead to Lucia thinking on the matter.

That is interesting, though I have a suspect organization that we can look into on a later date. As well as Beatrice’s involvement in the deaths. Though it might not be with the current string of deaths. The fact that meaning the book club would cause such a response certainly implicates the club as being involved in some occult organization. Since the question of the number one suspect being apart of the book club being the one that caused people to start to stare daggers at the three of them

As soon as Lucia reached the Police station she was brought to the Police chiefs room. Where she saw Nathaniel meeting with another police officer which left after the chief noticed her which caused him to say a few words then dismiss him. 

Lucia then walked towards his desk and gave him a report on the things that had transpired.

Nathaniel then frowned and pulled out a cigar while sighing.

“This case seems to be getting bigger by the day. What’s going on? I can’t say except that someone is plotting something and I with the way it is going, I know it can’t be good. So I have to agree that the attack on your people and this book club must be related to the previous case. Though that doesn’t change who the prime suspect its. It might actually make her a bigger suspect. Well I guess that it was a good thing that we hired you since I don’t think I would have been able to find out how big this goes.” (Nathaniel)   

With that Lucia nodded and then shared some more of her thoughts and for the next 45 minutes they spent trading ideas and theories before Nathaniel had another meeting to go to and thus let her go to continue her investigation. Though it has obviously just become something bigger than just some dead animals and an dead farmer.  

1