Chapter 2: The Count
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After closing the door to one of the guest rooms, Nekas walked down the hall towards their study, which was lined with exquisite art, statues, and a remarkable portrait of the Emperor. After walking some distance they stopped to admire one of the many paintings adorned on the wall, the painting in question was a painting of the Emperor of the Eclipse Empire, seeing this painting caused many memories to flood into their mind. But a memory they recall most vividly was the final meeting of the nobles in the Imperial Palace.

 

After entering the Emperor's throne room, a room that contained 9 great pillars which each were adorned with the flag of the crest of each noble, and the Emperor's throne, Nekas saw that six out of the nine nobles were already there, feeling ashamed by their lateness, they hurried and gathered with the other nobles. 

Each noble was dressed in their formal attire, which is only worn when attending formal gatherings such as this. The formal attire was an ebony and crimson Magyar dress adorned with Adamantine buttons. The formal attire also seemed to imitate a black miasma which sickened any non-elf who came near them.

"Seems Nekas can't even make time for the Emperor, such a sad elf." said one of the nobles "At least I arrived when summoned unlike those two. On the topic of those two, why aren't they here? Weren't they summoned as well?" Nekas replied "I heard they are working on a project for the Emperor. Hopefully, their work will solve our 'human problem' " Earl A'n'yun replied in a joyous tone. 

A loud sound could then be heard from where the Emperor was sitting "Quiet down for we have matters to attend to." said the Emperor in a boisterous voice.

"First in the agenda is dealing with the humans we came into contact with near Susaber." "We should capture them, we require subjects in the tower after all." shortly after Baron U'a'nwa said this, sounds of approval could be heard from the nobles.

"We will go with the idea suggested by U'a'nwa. As an extra precaution, each of you will also receive five thousand Knights from the Abyssal Crops in the event widespread human rebellion occurs. Try not to destroy all of them. We need subjects if we are to be a country. The next item on the schedule is the work of Duke T'a'nuyn and Marquess Y't'yan. Due to them working on a project that will help our empire, the management of their land will fall to their retainers and all of you." everyone was both visibly delighted as well as confused by the Emperor's words. "Yes, your eminence" could be heard coming from the nobles. 

After many lengthy discussions of topics related to humans as well as Demi-Humans, the meeting finally came to an end.

"With that, this meeting is dismissed, stop by the 1st floor on your way to your lands." 

As those words were said the nobles started to slowly leave the throne room and headed towards the Abyssal Crops' headquarters which was connected to the 1st floor of the Citadel. Afterward, they left fo their land.

 

Ah, those were the times Nekas thought to themself. After admiring the painting they headed towards their study, once they reached it they went inside and closed the door they then sat at their desk. 

This room could be called Nekas' crypt as they spent all day and night in this room, reading, researching, and doing all manners of things. The room itself was only 900 square feet yet it was full with bookshelves filled to the brim with books of all sorts, magical tools which would make any human Arch-Mage go insane just trying to use them, a desk which looked like a hunk of finely sculpted metal adorned with white accents, and finally, a beautiful white wall with aureate engravings could be seen adorning the walls of the room. A map could also be seen on the wall with many markings on it.

Nekas grabbed the nearby fountain pen, then they opened a drawer on the desk and pulled out a thick white book which appears to be worn from continued use. After putting the book on their desk they closed the drawer and began to write in the book. 

After writing for some time a loud knock can be heard from the other side of the door "My Lord, the guest has left her room. What would you like me to do with her?" Nekas thought for a moment about what to do with their guest. They then remembered what was just said so they replied "Bring her to me at once."
Then the voice on the other side of the door said "At once My Lord." 

After replying Nekas continue to write in the book, after a few minutes they closed the book and put it up in the drawer it originally was in, and put up the fountain pen. After a few more minutes had passed another knock could be heard from the door "She is here My Lord."
Ah, finally. I talk to her now they thought, they then replied in a slightly excited tone "Let her in, then wait outside the room for further orders." After that was said Ash entered the room and the person who brought her waited outside and closed the door behind Ash.

"It appears you clean up nicely," Nekas remarked 

Whos is the person who lead Ash to Nekas' office?
  • A Maid Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Guard Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Golem Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0
0