Chapter 1 – The start of everything
295 6 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I can't believe it, you said you were trying to help, where's your portion of the work huh?!"

'Shut up.'

"You call yourself our child?! All you do is eat, sleep, play and waste our time and money! Get out of here if you plan to continue your act!"

'Shut up.'

"I can't believe it, how could you fail these subjects? They're so easy. What kind of student are you?"

'Shut up!'

"Please... Live for me."

"FOR FUCK'S SAKE, SHUT UP ALL OF YOU! DAMN IT!"

As the child woke up, he was in a blank white room. Looking around the vicinity proves it to be fruitless. He looks at his body, only to see no problems whatsoever except for his torn school clothes.

"... Did I die?" He wonders, but looking around, he should have.

"Was I pulled? Or is this some sort of heaven or something?" He looks above, only to see emptiness.

"Why though...? -AH?! IT HURTS!" He tries to reminisce about his life, but it ends up causing him pain.

"AHH- MY- HEAD- HURTS!!!"

He screams in the empty void, with no one to hear him suffer. In the end, the pain slowly dissipates, leaving him gasping for air on the floor.

"Ha... Ha... Ha... What... The heck... Ha..."

The child lies on the floor, still. His body jerking, sweat was flooding from his body, salivating and crying.

"Ha... What the heck did I even do..." He sighs.

"Well aren't you an unlucky one."

He slowly looks around, "Who are you?"

"Calm down, you know you can't really die anymore, so what's the point of being on guard?"

"You saw what happened to me earlier... Right?"

"Hmm... Fair point. But, no matter. I'm here for a different matter."

The child slowly raises himself to sit himself down, "Can you... At least change your form? A bit awkward to speak to nothing you know."

"I see... Well, it is hard to talk to you like this, so I'll change into a form you're much more comfortable with."

The room slowly became dimmer and dimmer, the light gathering into a ball which slowly forms a small oval shape. Limbs grow out of the clump of light, then silver hair, then curves, and finally all the other features become visible. But, she was naked.

"Uhh... Please wear some clothes."

"Hmm? Ah, right. I forgot you humans do not like to speak to naked people. Although I do see it most of the time when people copulate."

She snaps her fingers and clothes immediately form on her.

He puts down his hands that block her appearance from his eyes.

"Aren't you too casual?"

He shrugs, "What's the point? You're a God. I bet you can read my mind or something."

"Am I wrong?"

She shrugs in response, "Well, it seems your personality is still there, despite your lack of memories."

"So you know about my memories?"

"Of course. I brought you here after all."

"... Why? Why me of all-"

"Alright then, enough of that chatter. I need you here because of one thing..."

The child was surprised, but all he could do was follow up, "And that's...?"

"To go to another world, a fantasy world, and live as long as you can."

"... Hah?"

"You heard me. I'm giving you a second chance in life."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"So, what's your answer?"

"Ah... No, it's just that..."

"Hmm?"

"I'm... What does this have to do with my memories? Why me of all people?"

"That's because you're special. So very special."

"I'm sorry, but I'm not confident-"

"You have the ability to adapt to everything."

"-What?"

"Well... Let's say you were born in the wrong era. Wrong place, wrong world. And besides, you have a mission that only YOU CAN and MUST accomplish."

"And it has to do with why I need you to go to the other world."

"Then, what's that got to do with me? I'm just a normal guy, heck, below average. Out of the 7-8 billion people on Earth, why choose me? Because I have the ability to adapt to everything? I doubt it's only that."

"..."

"So you still won't tell me huh... Fine. Not like I wanna die yet."

"... Alright then. Let's talk about your wishes. I believe in your world, you have stories similar to our situation, a God calls someone then grants them their wishes. You don't have to confirm, after all, you can't remember much."

She brings out a pen and paper, ready to write his wishes.

"Well... I have a lot in mind, but basically, I want an ability that makes me remember everything I want to remember, even those that I've already forgotten."

"Ah, to regain your memories... You won't be able to remember everything in an instant, but you'll be able to remember the CORE ideas of what you want. Sadly, you won't be able to ask for every memory you want."

"Why?"

"You'll die. So, anything else?"

"So nonchalant."

"Hmm... Well, I guess I need an ability that lets me translate all languages, even from earth and that new world you told me about."

"Okay then, that's also easy to add. Next?"

The child slams the table, "I want the power to create any skills I want!"

"Okay the-- what?"

"Uhh is that not allowed?"

"Of course not. Nothing can make you have it."

"Damn it..."

"Fine. I want to have an affinity for all elements and magic."

"About that... You won't need it."

"Why?"

"Because with you being able to remember your memories, your 'Science' or whatever you humans call it, you'll be able to master magic in no time. Any and all magic, so long as you have that knowledge."

"Now then, what else?"

"Hmm... I don't think I need anything else."

As she burns the paper, blue light descends behind him.

"So, I guess this is goodbye huh."

"Well, it's not like we won't meet again. Don't worry."

"We'll meet again at the end of it all."

"The... End of it all?"

"Remember it well child."

"Fine. So... What's your name?"

"Ah... I don't have one."

"... 'Noel'." He mutters under his breath.

"Hmm?"

"Your name will be 'Noel'."

"?!... No one ever gave me a name, even after meeting with lots of people."

"Well, you told me I was special, right?"

The Goddess shows a calm smile, "Now go. Your mission awaits."

"Ah, right. What's my mission?"

"You'll know it when you see it."

As he walks, he looks back at the smiling Goddess as she waves her hand.

[Reincarnation process has started...]

[Proceeding...]

[...]

[Success.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As he leaves, she looks behind her, looking at the silhouette of a person.

"... Ah, so it's you."

"'Noel' huh... Nice name."

"Well, I am still surprised... You know how special 'he' is... Don't you think so?"

"Of course I do. After all... I raised him."

END OF CHAPTER

4