Chapter 15 – Epilogue
56 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Merlin, along with all the teachers were present in the room, excluding Zane who didn't want to join. Rai was present of course. They were all discussing about Kuro and his friends.

"I say, we get them approved in our school! Think of the knowledge they hold everyone!"

"I agree! Not only that, but Kuro, that kid is their leader, right? If we are able to convince him, then he could tell us everything!"

"Rai, you and him told us that Kuro was the one who created those magic and weapons right?"

"Yeah."

"Can't you tell him to tell us his knowledge?"

Although many teachers wanted them, they were after their own selfish thirst for knowledge. The fact that Kuro had created multiple original magic and the fact that he created those weapons that they all wield, they were all dying to know what kind of ideas Kuro had. But once he's all dry, they'd just throw him off and deem him useless and take his knowledge for their own.

'And to think that Kuro predicted this... And he claims this to be cliché in his world? What kind of world did he live in...'

Rai massaged his brows.

"All of you don't realize it, but aren't you being too selfish? You want his knowledge, sure. But what happens once he dries out? You'll throw him out and take his teachings for your own?"

"O-of course not Rai, what are you saying?"

"What I'm saying is, that you dare steal from me?"

Rai's words gained heavy weight, and his rage was clearly felt by everyone in the room.

"Now now teachers, let's not forget that Rai was the one that taught them, correct?"

"Yes, but only basic knowledge. Kuro was the one that taught the others when it came to magic. However, if anyone of you were to do anything that involves letting him give you any knowledge, then I shall take matters on to my own hands. Clear?"

All the teachers' mouths who wanted his knowledge had been shut tight.

'That's Rai alright. Rai, the strongest sage.'

"Now then, how about we just accept them as students. I believe they showed their abilities because you want them to be under a teacher so they can learn more, correct?"

Rai nods.

"However, you are not allowed to take them for your own. If you want them, make them want you without forcing them. Not only that, but you may only teach them. Sure, spars are accepted, but if they are in any way mistreated, then you will meet Gaia the next time you sleep."


"Haa... That was a headache."

Rai kept massaging his forehead as both him and Merlin were the only ones left. Merlin giggles at Rai's remark and reaction.

"Well, they ARE still mages. They still want to learn magic, be it human, demon or elf."

"But still, can't they at least learn some manners? All they think is how to squeeze out information from Kuro's head."

Silence ensued the whole room for a brief moment until Merlin finally broke the ice.

"So, how did you meet them?"

"I met them when Kuro was still out cold. He was being carried by Kenny while all the others protected him as they slept near the river."

"What was his condition?"

"... Both foot were sprained, both arms were beyond recovery, neck was nearly broken, skull was heavily cracked, rib cage was broken as if a monster pounded him repeatedly, both wings had also been broken with his wing flaps having huge holes, his spine was also nearing its limit, his legs were also broken. For his organs, a lot of them were nearly destroyed. To be honest, he was a lost cause... But..."

"But...?"

"I took him and the kids in, in hopes of ending his suffering. However, the more I took a look at him, the more I kept extending his deadline. That's when I took a closer look at him on the 5th day as I took care of them. He was healing."

"What?"

"Yes, his bones recreated themselves and his organs had fully healed when I checked him."

"H-how?"

Rai then snapped his fingers and a sound-proof barrier had erected itself around them.

"This... I wanted to know it as well. He woke up 1 and a half week later. I asked him to spar with me. He agreed if he were to fully recover. After that spar, my suspicions were corrected. There were 3 suspicions, one was born from the way he spoke."

"What were the results of your suspicions then?"

"... One, he's the current Silver King."

Merlin's expression showed astonishment, confusion and responsibility. She knows that they must kill him. She stood up with her staff at hand.

"I want you to let me finish."

She sat back down.

"Second, is that he's different from the 2 beings that wielded the color of silver."

"Why?"

"Because third... He has the answer to finally killing the first Silver King once and for all."

"What?!"

"Yes... In other words, he's an other worlder. He gave me everything he could remember... Give me more time, and I finally have the solution to kill 'it'."

"Which is?"

"A Hero."


On the way to the clinic, a familiar man had been glued to the door.

'Come on, if we're gonna say sorry, then fucking enter!'

'I-I-I can't! What if we're going to be hated and egged on... What if we're going to be killed in our sleep!'

'As if that kid has the balls to do that.'

'But, he really wanted us killed! Heck if you hadn't evaded that Supernova, we would've been gravely injured at minimum!'

'Zane, listen to me. If that kid wanted us dead, then he would've used that deadly move again. Why do you think he didn't use it again?'

Zane had a moment of silence.

'GAH FUCK IT! MOVE!'

'Ah- He-'

Zane's eyes had changed once more into the color black. He opens the door to the clinic and sees a straight barrier on the direction to Kuro's bed.

"Uhhh why's there a barrier?"

Azure asked the nurse managing the clinic.

"Well, I never thought that they'd take a patient that'd need heat to heal. I was sweating buckets earlier and I couldn't handle it and just created a barrier."

"Uhh okay then."

As Azure entered, he already felt the heat coming from Kuro's direction. By the time he reached it, he saw Bea sleeping near Kuro's left arm. Kuro, while resting, was massaging her head with his left hand.

"Hey uhh kid?"

"Yeah? What is it Azure?"

"Uhh sorry that I took things too far and uhh, broke your body and stuff."

"Eh, don't sweat it. I was getting bored from continuously sparring with Rai only so you were a breath of fresh air. Heck, I'd like to thank you. That fight, although painful, made me learn a lot of things."

"Like?"

"Well, things like to not underestimate a weakened S-ranker, that's for sure."

"No need for the compliments kid."

"I know. At least I know my limits now."

"... Kid, do you really not care about how I broke your body while laughing maniacally?"

"Why should I? In the real world, everything is cruel. As if it would show mercy to everyone."

"Ah... I don't get it."

Zane slaps Azure from within and takes back the control.

"Well... That's all I want to say, goodbye!"

"Zane."

"Hii! Yes?"

"Tell Azure that I want to fight him again in the future. Of course, you're welcome to fight me as well."

Zane and Azure became astonished at his words. He smiles at him.

"Y-yeah, I'll tell him."

-EPILOGUE END-

1