Chapter 27 – Hero
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Few Hours before the announcement-

???: "Fukunuga-san!"

Fukunuga: "Haa??"

???: "Don't tell me you're gonna leave me behind are you?"

Fukunuga: "Well that's because you're too damn slow, Sazama."

Sazama: "Oh please, I had to take care of some business."

Fukunuga: "Like what, getting a cat down a tree and falling embarrassingly?"

Sazama: "Wait, you saw that?!"

Fukunuga: "Of course you idiot!"

Fukunuga locks Sazama by the neck and messes with his hair as they both laugh loudly.

???: "Ah, it's you two! No wonder it's noisy."

Sazama & Fukunuga: ""Ah, Matsumoto-san.""

Slowly, they were joined by their other friends as they all walk to school. With each step, they were getting noisier.

As they enter the classroom, it was as noisy as before. Students sitting on others' desks, chatting, boys on the back doing God-knows-what, and girls gossiping on today's news as if they were journalists. Even after the bell rings, they continued as if nothing major happened.

???: "Ahh! Sorry I'm late!"

As the girl panickily enters the room, the students go back to their designated seats.

Fukunuga: "No Sensei, you literally entered few seconds AFTER the bell rang."

Matsuzaki: "But still, when I went around, there were already teachers in their respective classrooms."

As the meek teacher comes inside and fixes herself, she opens a book containing everyone's names.

Matsuzaki: "Alright, let's have our attendance to-"

As she was speaking, a huge sigil suddenly lit up the floor. As the sigil was still forming, she immediately runs to the door, but is futile as they were kept inside.

Matsuzaki: "Everyone, quickly, escape the room!"

The others were still stunned at what was happening, but Fukunuga and Sazama were the quickest to react. Sazama throws his chair at Fukunuga, who was the closest to the windows, who then slams the chair at the windows. It was also useless as even the windows were protected by a barrier.

Fukunuga: "What the?!-"

Sazama: "What is it?"

Fukunuga: "I can't break it! It's being stopped by something!"

Everyone: """What?!"""

Suddenly, without anyone's attention, the sigil had been completed and everyone was covered in a blinding flash of light.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sazama: "Oww..."

Fukunuga: "Oi, Sazama, you alright?"

Sazama: "Yeah... What about the others?"

Fukunuga: "They're awake... You're the last one."

Sazama: "I see..."

Fukunuga: "Say, where are we?"

As Sazama's vision becomes clearer, he could see that they were in a stage in some sort of room covered in multiple sigils.

???: "Make sure that there's no magic that's leaked outside!"

???: "Rai, you need to rest first, you just used up a lot of your mana."

Rai: "I'm fine, get all the others to the infirmary first. To those who can still move, please check outside if any mana leaked out."

???: "What about them?"

Rai: "Don't worry, they can't understand us yet. Kuro gave me this spell to understand ancient languages, but if his statements were true, then I can understand what they're saying."

Rai walks up to the confused students and teacher.

Fukunuga: "Who... Who are you?"

Rai casts some sort of magic on his throat and head.

'Babel's blessing.'

Rai: "My name is Rai. I've called you here to ask for your help."

The students and the teacher were surprised as he can fluently speak in Japanese, but Sazama rushes to ask.

Sazama: "What's happening, why are we here? Where are we?"

Rai: "... As I said, we called you into this world for your help. I know you come from a world without magic and is filled with peace. However, we are on the verge of destruction. Though there is still time to avert our crisis, if we didn't call you... We'll all perish."

Immediately, Sazama had the face of someone who wanted to help, but Fukunuga stops him.

Fukunuga: "What makes you think we'd accept?"

Rai: "We have someone who can take you back. The problem is, he's the one being hunted by the one who'll cause this world's destruction."

Fukunuga: "Why not give him?"

Rai: "If you were asked to give everyone you love to a rapist, would you?"

Fukunuga scoffs at his answer, knowing his defeat through words.

Sazama: "But wait, how are we going to stop the perpetrator if you can't stop it?"

Rai: "I've heard of people who are called on from another world that they become exponentially stronger than any of the inhabitants. I took a gamble. Luckily, you're all safe, and with much more mana than the norm."

Sazama: "But, we don't feel anything at all though?"

Rai: "... I'll teach you kids how to live, but for now, we'll give you time to recuperate your situation."

Matsuzaki: "Wait, does that mean we're stuck here until we defeat the perpetrator?"

Rai: "As harsh as it is, yes."

Matsuzaki: "Then what about our time there?! We'll be missing for years on-end!"

Rai: "I don't think so. It's only a hypothesis, but I think you'll be back there as if only seconds had passed by."

Matsuzaki: "Then... We'll be safe for the remainder of our stay, right?!"

Rai: "Under my watch, you'll be safe. But if we were to fight against the one who'll cause destruction, I can't guarantee it. That's why I'll train you for the time being."

The students, though surprised, some became overjoyed by the fact that they'll learn how to use magic that they've seen in fantasies.

Rai: "Alright, we'll give you time to recuperate and uniforms. We'll also give you a special ID that let's you access things the others aren't allowed to access. Not only that, but we'll need you kids to prepare for the entrance ceremony."


Sazama: 'That's what happened but... This is too much...'

Sazama and the other students were slightly shaking as they stood in front of thousands of students. Sazama looks at Fukunuga who was also shaking quite a bit. The students that were watching them were in awe as they observed their mana being much more than everyone else's.

Sazama: "Makes you nervous too huh?"

Fukunuga: "Well duh, we'll be stuck here to be heroes... It's not that I'm nervous, but I'm also scared at what would happen to us all. If something were to happen to us... It'd be pretty horrifying."

Sazama: "That's why we'll all do our best to not screw things up."

Rai: "-Remember, they will be the ones to save our world! The best we can do is support them. For 1 year and 5 months, they will be your classmates, they will be your friends. However, once that time ends, they will leave in order to become stronger until the Silver King will attack once more. That's all!"

The students were surprised. Although they couldn't understand anything he's saying, all of them understood one line properly. "1 year, and 5 months".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Rai dismisses everyone, Sazama and the students hurriedly came to Rai.

Sazama: "What do you mean by '1 year and 5 months'? Aren't we supposed to stay here until we get stronger?"

Rai: "... I've been hiding something from you kids. Although everyone's kind here, there is one person you MUST avoid, no matter what."

The students were surprised as his tone changed.

Matsumoto: "Then... Who is it?"

Rai: "... There's a child here with black hair. He's a Dragonkin. It'll be obvious to know who he is once you see him, but... If you see him, run. Run for your lives as he will come at you."

Shoda: "But, why would he hunt us down?"

Rai: "He will look for challengers to contest his strength, he won't care if you were to die, especially since you're heroes. He's been absent for 3 years and 5 months simply because I sent him away to train himself. I researched along with the person who theorized your existences for that duration. Sadly, there's only 1 year and 5 months left until he comes back, so when that time comes, you need to get out of here as fast as you can."

Fukunuga: "Wait, what if he finds out about us? Wouldn't he try to catch us as well?"

Rai: "Yes, that's why you need to get stronger as fast as you can. If he catches you at this state, you're as good as dead."

As Rai leaves, he flinches and goes back to them.

Rai: "Before I forget, here. I'll grant all of you translation magic."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As everyone went their own separate ways, Sazama was alone, looking for the classroom he'll attend to. Out of all, if he were to be a hero, he'd need to know what kind of world he's in, what their cultures are, what other races exist, and many more.

"The teacher here's... Andrew Grienfield huh... That's a really unusual last name, but okay."

As he opens the door, someone strikes his back.

"Ow?! Who-?"

"Yo."

Sazama: "Ah, Mano-san. Couldn't you have at least NOT hit me that hard?"

Mano laughs.

Mano: "Sorry sorry, it's hard to control my strength ever since arriving here."

Sazama: "Aren't you just too strong?"

Mano: "Haa?"

???: "What are you 2 lovebirds doing?"

Sazama: "Ah, Matsumoto-san, Hirose-san, you're here too?"

Hirose: "Well, we must have thought the same things. Where's Fukunuga-san?"

Sazama: "Ah, he says that combat's more important. I told him I'll just get the necessary knowledge and all and summarize it to him."

Matsumoto: "So, you gonna open the door?"

Sazama: "It's because you guys keep interrupting me."

As they open the door, they see several students. They were all conversing with one another, making them remember their classroom life before they were transported.

Upon entering however, no one cared about them. It was as if they weren't heroes at all.

Sazama: "Ah look, empty seats."

They go besides the 2 girls in front.

Sazama: "Miss, are these seats taken?"

Aina: "Ah, this one besides me is mine."

Sazama: "Oka-"

Suddenly, he was cut off by Mano.

Mano: "Then whose seat are you sitting on?"

Aina: "Ah, this is from our friend, Kuro. We're waiting for him to come back."

Mano observes both Aina and Rin. She saw that Rin's reading a book seemingly for children. Something pulsates inside her as her frustration grew.

Mano: "So, where is he?"

Aina: "Training. He'll come back soon though, we'll just wait for him."

Mano: "Then, can you move for now, since your friend isn't here yet?"

Aina: "What if he comes at this moment? Or later?"

Mano: "He can just find another-"

Sazama: "WOAH WOAH WOAH, OKAY THERE! Miss, I'm sorry for my friend, I'll just look for another seat while you guys just sit there."

Mano: "No! If anything, she's the one that has to adjust. Their friend isn't even here, and I doubt that they'll come anytime soon."

Aina's mana slowly grows in intensity. Their classmates, who were with them for 3 years felt Aina's intent, rush down from the middle and back to the front to stop them from escalating Aina's anger any further.

Keith: "WOAH WOAH HEY NOW SETTLE DOWN ALL OF YOU!"

Mano: "Haa? What gives-"

???: "'Meteor fist'."

Suddenly, Sheena, one of the female students of the room, knocks her out with one hit.

Sheena: "Boys can't hurt girls unless the girls hit first, but it's a different story if it's a girl hitting a girl. We'll switch places, one of the seats in the middle is open anyways, so you're free to take those spots."

Sazama was still in a slight shock as he tries to give himself some composure.

Sazama: "Ah- *EHEM* Thank you for stopping her for our sake. May I ask, what's your name?"

Sheena: "... Sheena. Don't bother these 2 too much, they're kind and all, but annoy them and even we can't stop them."

Sazama: "Why?"

Sheena: "Aina's a King, she's stronger than any of us in this classroom. Not only that, but Rin is Kuro's close friend, he's been training her to get stronger since he befriended her and is one of the strongest in this classroom. Even if you're heroes, you shouldn't mess with them."

Sazama: "King? She's royalty?"

Sheena: "Let's just say that Kings are the strongest beings in this world."

Sazama shakes a little upon hearing her words.

Hirose: "So uhh... What're we gonna do with Mano-san?"

Sazama: "-Ah!... Eh, she'll wake up, she's strong anyways. Plus, look at the spot where she was punched, there's no mark whatsoever."

Matsumoto: "Well, let's just sit her up."

While they were struggling to get her to sit up straight, Aina got back to normal and continues teaching Rin how to read. Although it's already been more than 3 years since Kuro also tried teaching her how to read, Aina continues to persist. It also made them become close to one another.

Andrew: "Sorry for being late everyone, I had a run-in with sir Rai. Now then, settle down now as I prepare our next lesson... What's with our sleeping hero?"

Sheena raises her hand.

Sheena: "She was being too noisy, so I knocked her out cold."

The heroes turns their heads to her at her surprising words, but before they could even speak, Andrew laughs.

Andrew: "Hahaha, alright, settle down now. You heroes, though you were given benefits by the academy, all of you are still students. Act like it, your titles as heroes mean nothing once you're here, it only serves as a key to go to the sections of libraries inaccessible by other students. Clear?"

They nod rapidly.

Andrew: "Good, please relay that to her as well. Now then, let's prepare our lesson for today."


While everyone else was having their own classes, Gran and Levy's class was dismissed early. Without having anything to do, they decide to go a specific secluded area near the school. As they arrive, they are met with an unexpected guest.

Gran: "Ah, Miss Karin!"

Karin jumps a little before looking at them.

Karin: "Ah- you two. What brings you here?"

Levy: "Pay our respects."

Karin: "I see, here."

Karin gives them space beside her as they mourn the grave of Zane Agate.

Karin: "I still can't believe he died after all that..."

Levy: "... The Silver King, Rai said it'll break free soon."

Karin: "I know, I heard... But still, he could have ran away, you know?"

Levy: "It was... It was because of me. If I hadn't been taken as his disciple, he could have-"

Karin: "Shush Levy, it's not your fault, but rather, it was his choice. He was always a timid man, he wasn't brave at all. But... Inheriting his scythes, and even his techniques and all... He must have treated you as his own child huh..."

Levy smiles calmly.

Levy: "Indeed, I guess I was really blessed with people like you, him and my friends."

Karin smiles and pats Levy's head.

Karin: "That's why you have to enjoy your life, once it's over, it's over. You won't get a second chance at all. No matter how hard it is, cherish every single happy thing in life, even some of the bad and embarrassing things. One day, you won't be able to laugh blindly, live freely, not even feel your bed or the sunshine anymore. For him, he must have knew this, that's why he prepared himself to die there to let you and the others live... He's timid, but he's always been kind. Well, now that I remember, he really made a bloody mess out of one of you, huh?"

All of them laugh remembering Kuro getting ragdolled by him after displaying his power being able to break the barrier at will.

Karin: "Say, now that I mention it again, how's he? Still gone?"

Gran: "Ah, yes Miss Karin. He's still training. Rai told us that it'd take him 5 years or so."

Karin: "I see..."

Levy: "What are you gonna do, Miss?"

Karin: "Ah, well... I'm going to take a real break from now on. I spent the last 3 years saving up, and I want to take my friends' advice. It seems... That a friend's death is heavier than a teammate's death. This is going to be our last meeting, you three, but if you want to visit, I'll always be within the city. Maybe open up a shop? A tavern or something?"

Karin giggles as she loudly thinks up of her decisions, but then, Levy and Gran suddenly hug her from the sides.

Karin: "Aww, you two..."

Levy: "We're going to miss you, Miss Karin."

Gran: "Yeah... Heck, maybe if we visit with Kuro, we'd be powerful adventurers already!"

Karin: "Nn, I'm going to look forward to that, Tempest king Gran and sinful protector Levy!"

Gran & Levy: ""Please not our past!""

The 3 laugh cheerfully as they say their goodbyes to one another.

Gran: "She really is like a mother huh..."

Levy: "Nn. I'm gonna miss her too."

Suddenly, silence looms over the two.

Gran: "... You saw who killed Sir Zane, right?"

Levy: "... Yeah. It was a human-like being, with 2 horns on its head along with a black thing."

Gran: "Are the horns on the front or top?"

Levy: "Front."

Gran: "Then it can only be..."


-In a place somewhere-

???: "Hold still, brother."

???: "Gih! Even though 3 years have passed, that wound still pesters huh."

???: "It can't be helped, you fought against a 'King' after all."

???: "Hah... Still, when'd they get so strong? The older generations weren't that strong at all back then."

???: "Or maybe you've grown too weak."

The siblings look to the source of the voice to see the Shade King.

SK: "So, how are you, Oni?"

Oni: "Haa... Bad."

SK: "I guess we've underestimated the newer Kings huh."

???: "But, aren't they still inexperienced?"

SK: "Not all of them are inexperienced. But still... I've been trying to search for answers for 3 years, but still nothing."

Oni: "On?"

SK: "The one I was tasked to get, Kuro. That boy revived in front of my eyes all of a sudden."

Oni: "... Weird, but... This could be the coming of a new era huh..."

SK: "Of course, that's why you need to recover ASAP, or else her highness would give you a new pestering injury on top of the one you got from fighting that Demon King."

Oni: "Yeah yeah I'm trying my best here damn it."

SK: "... Do you enjoy it?"

Oni: "Hmm?"

SK: "Do you enjoy killing?"

Oni: "... Who the heck would?"

SK: "I see... Good."


As everything was going on, Kuro, who was meditating inside the formation, opens his eyes for the first time in 3 years and 5 months.

"Hoo..."

Stretching his body up, all of his bones pop as he hadn't moved for a long time.

"OH FUCK YEAH! Ah, that feels so FUCKING GOOODDDD!!"

Looking over his surroundings, he looks at his own body and mana rotation.

"Hmm... Before heading back, let me integrate all of the shit I've learned there into my body. I wanna surprise Rin and the others after all... I should make seals first for my own safety though. Wouldn't want to scare people after all."

Smiling, he stands up and exerts mana from his body.

"Guess they were right, the mana techniques given to my body in that world is applied to the body here huh... That shit's epic."

 

Chapter 27 -END-

0