CHAPTER TWO “KEPLER”
174 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wang Yibo was taken aback by the words he hear coming from the courier. The guy was still smiling at him. If it’s anyone who has heard what he just said earlier, the possibility of creeping out is probably high. But the one in front of him is different… instead he greeted with sincerity and look at him with full of enthusiasm.

“Even though you have a fever today, you should go and enjoy yourself. If you could not manage to go out, then have something to do that can make you happy…”

Since he is a man with few words, he doesn’t know how to reply or start a conversation. The guy suddenly looks at the notification of his phone.

“U-Uh, I need to go now… You have a good day!”

Before he could say anything, the guy already left…

“Doing something that can make me happy….” He looked at his package and went inside.

He opened his package and there revealed a LEGO that he ordered a week ago. He took it out and started to assemble it.

He spend hours for the 3 motorbike LEGO to be successfully assembled with the help of the manual. He then went to a room of his collection of LEGO and put the new ones.

After that, he changed his clothes and went outside to ride his motorbike. He doesn’t care at all even he’s suffering from fever. All he thinks is he needs to do something to passed the day.

He ride to his heart’s content as if not caring the world and suddenly, he remembers the courier that he met earlier and he imagine the smile on the guy’s face…

“I’m sorry to hear that you have a fever but happy birthday, Mr. Wang.” And the words that guy said to him keeps on echoing in his mind…

After Xiao Zhan’s shift, he went to the convenience store to buy a can of beer and a steamed bun. After paying in the counter, he seated outside and started to eat what he bought and open the can of beer…

He opened his phone and saw his grandmother on his screen. He smiled and sighs deeply…

After a while, he saw a green motorbike that stops in front of the convenience store. He bet the owner is a racer. Even though he can’t see the face clearly since it was covered with a helmet, he knows the guy has that handsome face because of the well built body.

“Some youngsters nowadays are really lucky because they can be what they want…” he uttered and then sips a little beer from the can.

He doesn’t know if it was just his imagination but he feels like the owner of the green motorbike looks in his direction… He tried to look away but he can’t… For some reasons, he was drawn by the guy…

“What’s wrong with today? Why I was being stared twice by someone I don’t know?” he said to himself and also remembers the guy in the condominium.

Suddenly a familiar song played coming from the convenience store… he knows it very well since the song was one of his favorite… He also saw the guy taking off his helmet and to his surprise, it was the guy earlier and he’s still looking at him! That guy that has a fever who’s celebrating his birthday today!

Can’t wait for you to become my brightest star…
I’m still willing to lend you my light… 
Shining on you until your dazzling radiance…
Quietly hanging in the faraway sky…

“Damn! Why does Stephanie Sun’s Kepler happen to play today while I’m gazing a guy??” he thinks to himself.

To avoid the awkwardness he feels, he smiles and waive at the guy like they have a close relationship…

He thought that the guy will just nod at him and will go right away inside the convenience store but he was wrong. The direction he’s taking was towards him!

“Mr. Wang? What are you doing here?” he greeted the guy since he can still remember his name, Wang Yibo.

“You said earlier today that I should go and enjoy myself... Or have something to do so that I can be happy…”

“Uh, y’yeah right…” xiao zhan nodded, “Are you buying something?”

“No. I saw you that’s why I stopped here…”

He realizes that the guy is so straightforward and it’s too much for him to handle. A normal person doesn’t really act like that when it’s still there second time to meet someone especially when they don’t have a long conversation previously. 
Was it because he greeted the guy a happy birthday? Or was it the first time someone greeted him like that? No… no… no… he stop thinking right away.

He couldn’t last long with him staring while standing so he asked him to sit…

“So how’s your fever? Are you fine now?” he asked.

“Every time I go motor biking, my fever went away…”

“Really? How is that so?” he said with a confused look. “Let me see…”

Without so much of a thought, he put his right hand to Wang Yibo’s forehead…
He felt that the guy’s still having a fever. “You see, you still have a fever. You should have taken more care of yourself“

Wang Yibo keeps looking at the hand on his forehead as if it was the first time that someone cared for him when he was sick...

“Stay here a bit. Wait for me.”

After that, Xiao Zhan runs inside the convenience store and when he came back he brought a bowl of noodles, an egg, bottled water and a medicine.

“Here, drink the medicine first to lower your body temperature…” Xiao Zhan then gives him the medicine and opened the bottled water.

Wang Yibo did not refuse the medicine he gives and drink it right away. Then, he also passes him the bowl of noodles…

“Eat that noodles while it’s hot… I specifically bought the long noodles because it’s your birthday today. My grandmother said that this honor and bring longevity to the person celebrating…” he said then peeled the egg. “And this egg will give you a good year ahead…”

Xiao Zhan is smiling while looking at Wang Yibo eating the noodles and the egg he bought from the convenience store. Somehow he finds the guy like a little kid who’s so fragile to break.

“Mr. Wang, how old are you?”

“I’m 22 now…” the guy answered him. “How about you?

“Me? I’m 28. I’m six years older than you.” he said while laughing.

Wang Yibo nods at him and then paused for a moment before saying something, “Since you know my name already, may I know what’s yours as well?”

“Why do you want my name? It’s not like we will meet again” he jokingly answered him…

“Who knows…”

The reply was just two words… but it did warm something inside his heart and decided to tell him his name…

“My name is Xiao Zhan…” he said.

“Xiao Zhan… Zhan Ge (Brother Zhan)…” Wang Yibo utter.

~END OF CHAPTER TWO

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

In real life, Xiao Zhan was a fan of Stephanie Sun and he even sang KEPLER during The Untamed concert in Thailand and changes the last part of the lyrics that made Wang Yibo smiles brightly…

3