Chapter 4: Bloody Beach (Part 1)
4.3k 19 118
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4: Bloody Beach (Part 1)

Ren’s tail slowly started moving again after days of immobility.

He had previously spent some time familiarizing himself with his new body, preparing himself for this day…

The urge inside of him continued to grow larger and larger.

‘I need to leave… I need to leave…’

It was a biological instinct.

The time for him to get out was now. If he did not, there would be consequences.

Ren’s small 10cm body began to quiver.

Energy filled him

It was ready to attack.

 

A few seconds passed in dead silence.

In an instant, Ren’s body launched itself at the egg wall, his fangs and egg teeth crashing against the eggshell.

*Crack*

A sharp cracking sound resounded.

It was the first sound Ren had heard in a month.

Ren once again wound back and launched himself at the eggshell again.

*Crack*

Another audible crack sound resounded, this time louder than previously.

‘Third time’s the charm… right?’

Ren once again launched himself in the same direction.

*Crack*

This time, he was not rebounded back by the eggshell but rather his fangs pierced through the shell and into the outside world.

Ren bit down, crushing the eggshell into small pieces.

A small opening was created.

‘Light…’ Ren was filled with immense happiness. After a month of darkness… he was finally reunited with the light.

Ren continued to push against the shell, dismantling the space around the small hole.

After a half a minute of arduous labor, the small hole had expanded to a size that could fit his body.

‘Goodbye egg…’

Ren thought as he launched himself through the hole and into the dangerous outside world.

 

A sudden wave of light hit his retinas, momentarily blinding him.

After a few seconds, Ren’s eyes slowly adjusted to the light.

He took in the scene in front of him.

‘A beach…?’

It was not the dense green jungle or cave that he had expected.

Rather, in all directions he could see sand… almost white, pristine sand.

On the sand were eggs, thousands of eggs as far as the eye could see of different colors and sizes.

Ren looked down at himself.

He had to confirm it.

There were no legs and arms.

Just a serpent like, purple body.

Ren sighed.

‘I am a snake now…’ The proof was right in front of his eyes.

‘For now… understanding where I am is important’

Ren turned his head a full 360 degrees, taking in the sight of his surroundings. 

The general layout was reminiscent of a beach in paradise on Earth.

To one side, the oceans waves pushed up against the sand.

In the other direction, a vast, lush jungle dominated the skyline.

‘Except this is definitely not a paradise…’

There were a few glaring problems.

‘For one… the color of the ocean… it’s red.’

It was not some type of illusion caused by the reflection of a sunset or night break. No, it was more sinister.

The sky was normal, a pure blue.

So why was the ocean red?

He slowly observed the water, his vision honing in on the smallest of details.

He could see eggs… hundreds perhaps thousands of them, much like the ones on the beach being swept forward by a gentle tide.

Some were like his own white and small eggshell.

Others were larger and of different colors.

‘Blue, red and yellow.’ Ren thought.

 It was only these three colors, nothing else.

The White eggs were the most common, the red were rarer and their were only a few yellow eggs scattered among the waves.

The eggs edged closer and closer to the beach.

At the same time, large dark grey fins slowly raised out of the water.

‘Fins…? Could it be…!’

Ren watched in horror as the bodies of fish slowly appeared on the surface of the water.

They were nothing like the fish that he had seen on earth.

Their most eye-catching feature was their grotesque proportions.

It was as if all of their evolution centered on their jaws. Their large half a meter white jaws sharply contrasted their small 20-centimeter bodies.

Rows of sharp, dirt white teeth seemed to shine under the sun.

The deformed pack fish circles around the eggs like a pack of hyenas.

Occasionally one would pry open an egg and prey on the unborn Pokémon inside, spraying the Pokémon’s blood into the ocean.

‘The red ocean…the color comes from the blood of Pokémon!’

This insight helped him shake out of his stupor and understand the true nature of the world.

 ‘A bloody and ruthless world where the strong eat and suppress the weaker’

A system notification interrupted his thoughts.

[…Processing… Host has hatched and has breathed in the air of the Pokémon World! Skills are unlocking…]

[Ding… Host has gained the abilities ‘Poison sting’, ‘Intimidate’ and ‘frighten’.]

[Ding… host has gained the racial skill ‘Shed skin’]

[Detecting high wisdom… skill percentages of abilities and racial skill advance.]

[Detecting high wisdom… would host like to merge ‘Frighten’ and ‘Intimidate’ into the new skill ‘Terrorize’]

‘Yes’ Ren thought. Merging two skills into one… how powerful would this intimidation skill be?

[Updating status. New settings have been updates. Pokémon element has been determined: poison]

‘Status’

 

Status

Host Name: Ren

Species: Ekans (Unborn)

Element: Poison

Level: 0 [Limit: 5]

Bio-Energy: 0/10

Length: 10cm

Power: .9

Wisdom: 2.4

Agility: .7

Defense: .8

Skills: Breathless Breathing Technique [7.3%], Poison sting [4.32%], Terrorize [0.42%]

Racial Skills: Shedding [4.65%]

 

‘System… what do these skills do exactly…?

There was no response.

Ren sighed.

It seemed like he had to figure it out himself.

 

*Crack* *Crack* *Crack*

The sound of cracking eggs around him shifted Ren’s thoughts away.

He looked around, observing his surroundings.

‘Hmmm… mostly white eggs.’

The meaning of the eggs puzzled him. If he had to guess, it was a measure of rarity. The more rare the color the rarer and more powerful the Pokémon.

‘Still… a white egg shell means that I am a common Pokémon.’

Ren shook his snake head at the thought.

 

*Crack* A large cracking sound filled his ears.

It was not like the soft cracking of the white eggshells. It was louder. More resounding and threatening.

He turned his head in the direction of the sound.

It was to his right.

A large red egg. It was nothing like the 10-centimeter diameter egg that he had come out off.

It was nearly double that size at about 20 centimeters.

A large claw filled hand reached out of the egg. Slowly the egg began falling apart, revealing the ferocious Pokémon underneath.

It was hard to recognize this Pokémon. The problem was that Pokémon in real life were not cartoon monsters.

They were ferocious creatures that evolution created.

Ren could only make a calculated guess.

The creature’s skin was a deep shade of orange. Its body, shaped like a prehistoric dinosaur. Two strong legs supported a large body, topped off with a smooth draconic head. Its eyes were small, but its pupils were piercing, emanating a distinct sense of savageness. Muscles lined its arms; its fingers had sharp nails. Its tail was long and flexible with a burning flame emitting heat.

‘It’s a charmander…’

Although it looked different, Ren could tell.

It was one of the most beloved creatures in Pokémon; the charmander.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys,

Hope you guys enjoyed!

I tried to make the Pokemon world more mysterious and bloody.

Please tell me what you think. Your reviews and comments help me grow!

-TeaDragon1

118